“The Basic's at a Great Value & Responsible/Friendly Staff”
Review of University Inn

University Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Angola
Reviewed 21 August 2011

First trip to Angola in search of a Lake Home. Retired and just needed a clean room that offered the basics for a two night stay. Didn't see the need this trip to pay for the typical services chain hotels offer - pool, exercise room, buffet breakfast, etc. University Inn met that need. Safe environment, clean room with Wi-Fi - a must - cable tv, mini-fridge - adequate for a few things I picked up at the local farmers market and a microwave. Several places to eat and drink nearby. Had one small problem the night of my intended arrival. The Inn was having some phone problems so I couldn't reach them to reschedule my arrival time. "No Show's" are charged a full night's rate. Arrived the next day and told them I called several times and they admitted they were having some problems and didn't charge me. Now that's telling me they valued my business. Sleep Quality would have been a bit better if I didn't have neighbors that watched t.v. into the morning hours a bit too loud. Didn't find the lake house this weekend so I'll definitely be coming back and staying at the University Inn until I do, which likely will be many more visits.

Room Tip: I was checked in by a very helpful young lady, but if additional assistance is needed ask for Debbie...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ron R

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Don't judge a book by it's cover. I've got to admit, the University Inn isn't much to look at from it's outward appearance. However, the remodeled rooms on the inside are top notch, clean, and new. Combine this with the value offered versus the "chain" hotels in the area (about 40 dollars less) and you've got the perfect place to stay for the night. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. I'd definitely come back and recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank manateesneeze
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights while visiting friends. There were no reviews at the time so I was a little concerned about choosing this place, but we did and were pleasantly surprised. The building is older and looks a bit worn but the new owners have done a nice job at remodeling the rooms. Our room was large, new, and clean. The ladies at the front desk were also very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelingTrowel
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed here for a month while working in the area. The owners who took over 3 years ago are awesome. The staff really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. The rooms are rather large, cleaned spotless, many have been recently remodeled. They gave us good weekly rates and were very accommodating to make us feel "at home". Frig and microwave in rooms are helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Angola
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area
Rainbow Motel Montpelier
Rainbow Motel Montpelier
#3 of 4 in Montpelier
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn

Been to University Inn? Share your experiences!