“lovely mini suite”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Auburn
Durand, Michigan
“lovely mini suite”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I liked the girl at the front desk. The room is very nice. The bathroom is lovely - like the sink and large mirror. all rooms have flat screen large TV, dish network, couch, frig/microwave and coffeepot. (and lid on toilet - no lid is a no-no for me). Couldn't ask for more. Had a coupon so it only cost $60. I am a happy camper.

Room Tip: they have an elevator, so even infirm people can stay on an upper floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Malinda N, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our property. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have to admit I am sort of puzzled by some of the reviews of this motel and I'm not sure exactly what people expect when they book a room these days. I mean we aren't talking about rooms for $150 per night or more. These rooms are in the $70 and $80 range. My girlfriend and I have stayed here 3 times since Memorial Day 2013 and one of the reasons we come back is we enjoy the peaceful setting and close proximity to restaurants. The staff has always been courteous as well. Yes the rooms do show some wear and tear but nothing out of the ordinary in my opinion. Room was very clean and everything else such as the TV, microwave and refrigerator worked properly. Breakfast was decent with biscuits & gravy, waffles, sausage, bacon and muffins. The only issue I have to speak of is there were some kids on the same floor as us who seemed to be spending a lot of time in the hallway and constantly opening and shutting doors and in some cases slamming those doors too. I expect this however just about anywhere I stay. There will always be a group of someone's kids who are not being fully supervised. We do look forward to another stay here in the near future most likely in the late spring or early summer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank railfan84
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our property. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying at the Comfort Suites Auburn.
Grand Blanc
Reviewed 30 December 2013

After check in, we went to our room and noticed a strong odor of stale cigarette smoke. The service desk people placed us in another room. The second room was adequate, although there were issues with worn carpets and furniture that was in a tattered condition. Later in the evening, a family in the room above us had multiple children that seemed to think they were in a gym; running, jumping, and making enough noise that the ceiling fixtures in our room were shaking. We placed two phone calls and a visit to the front desk, they tried to convey the noise issues with the party above us multiple times. Said party ended up slamming the door on the manager. We ended up leaving for another hotel at 9:30, the police were in the hotel to talk to the people upstairs, we did not stay for any more, what a bad experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Will600
Auburnchoice, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to our area.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay at the Comfort Suites of Auburn for being unable to rectify the noise situation in an appropriate time.

We appreciate your time for informing us of the issues that occured during your stay.

We hope you would give us another chance to show that we have improved.

and
The Comfort Suites Team
Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My two teenaged daughters and I stayed two nights. I was quite impressed. The room was quite clean and nice. The staff was extremely friendly. Breakfast was very good. The location is great. Easy to find and close to shopping and places to eat.
I recommend Comfort Suites in Auburn if you're looking for a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 202. The view from the widow was so pretty.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Auburnchoice, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites for your hospitiality needs during your stay in Auburn.

We appreciate your business and all of the positive feedback you left regarding our hotel. We enjoy hearing that customer service was great, guest satisfaction is very important to us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to taking care of your hospitality needs in the future. Please come visit again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites in Auburn for the 2nd time in 9 months. During my first trip they were in the process of re-modeling the hotel so I can understand. However during my 2nd stay nearly 9 months later they are still unfinished. The original room I stayed in was on par for a 3 star hotel the notable exception that the exhaust fan in the room would not work. During my 2nd stay was placed in a different room and low and behold the exhaust fan did not work in it either. I also noticed the closest in my room still had bare 2x4 visible from there renovation. I was extremely disappointed. On a side note I needed directions from the front desk, when I went to talk with someone they left a phone base for me to "page" the clerk who promptly arrived almost 10 minutes later.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a working exhaust fan!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Roger W
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to our area.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay at the Comfort Suites of Auburn. We are currently still undergoing construction for our renovations. The process of the finishing touches is taking longer than expected.

We hope you would give us another chance to show that we have improved.

and
The Comfort Suites Team
Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 days on business. I will say there were good things and bad things.
First of all, I did not meet one staff member who didn't say hello, how are you, have a nice day or something like that. I've stayed at much nicer hotels with much less polite of a staff. The TV was in good condition, new and had direct TV. The internet connection was fast and free. The bed was nice and firm and they had lots of pillows. Breakfast was average to good for a hotel like this one. Room was nice and large, had a fridge and a microwave. All these are the good things.

On the bad thing side, the facility itself is somewhat beat up. I was placed into an accessible room (why I don't know - the hotel did not appear to be full.) The carpet was clean but beat up. The shower curtain rod was barely hanging onto the wall and the floor was cracked so that the water that ran out of the shower drained into the cracks rather than the drain. There was a guest laundry - Out of order. I don't know if I would stay here again for a while - if they are working on it - things should get better condition wise. If you get a good rate and don't mind a place that is a little rough on the condition side, it's a fair to good place to stay.

Room Tip: 211, 212, 213 are rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Auburnchoice, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 20 September 2013

We apologize for the maintenance problems during your stay. We are slowing but surely going through our renovation process and have not completed everything as of yet.

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This review is late review of our US road trip in July 2012. We stayed at the Comfort Suites during our first trip's stop at the Honda Motorcycle Wing Ding being held in nearby Fort Wayne, IN. We attended the Wing Ding during the day and evening, and got to the hotel about 10PM.
The hotel was spotless and quiet. We had a good nights sleep and a good breakfast. The staff was friendly at check out and check in.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Auburnchoice, General Manager at Comfort Suites Auburn, responded to this review, 23 August 2013

We appreciate your business and all of the positive feedback you left regarding our hotel. We enjoy hearing that customer service was great and the cleanliness was "spotless".

& The Comfort Suites Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Quality Inn
#5 of 44 in Fort Wayne
Best Western Kendallville Inn
Best Western Kendallville Inn
#1 of 3 in Kendallville

Been to Comfort Suites Auburn? Share your experiences!