“Nice place for the price”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Avon
Mesa, Az
“Nice place for the price”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

This was a good hotel for the money. Your basic hotel for the money. Rooms were clean and a little bigger than normal. No fridge or microwave. Breakfast was what you expect from a comfort inn with waffles, cereal, juices, pastries, English muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc. friendly Check in & out process and staff. My key didn't work the second night so went to the front desk to get a new key and they game me one without checking my identity - that's an issue that needs to be resolved. Overall it was what I expected. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Troy, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Arrived at hotel at 8:00pm under pouring rain. Sat in parking lot for 20 minutes waiting for rain to subside when we discovered three cars were parked under the shelter at the front door so we could not unload our car out of the rain. Got soaked walking to the front door with our luggage in tow! Desk clerk informed us the cars were there so they would be protected from hail! Guess at that hotel cars are more important than guests. Morning clerk informed us she asked owners to move their cars as their location was blocking handicap access to the hotel. Guess the vehicles' owners got upset as they raced their engines at 6am! Found dirty wash cloth and towel drapped over the shower rod and shower curtain had black spots all along bottom edge! Coffee ran out at breakfast time and danish were stale! Don't think we will be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Connie S
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel was the only option for a wedding being held at the nearby Avon Gardens. I will have to say, I was a bit concerned about the quality of a comfort inn because I had never stayed in one. The hotel was surprisingly decorated very nice...very welcoming and the staff was extremely nice. They have complimentary breakfast that I did not eat but I thought that was a plus. The area is extremely convenient with many retail shops and restaurants around. The room was clean but our soap was opened. My husband took it down for an exchange with no problem. I would recommend this hotel although the price is a little expensive (right up there with a Hilton or Hyatt); there's really no other hotels around it that I saw so I guess that would explain the price. It's clean, comfy and convenient. I'd stay here again if in Avon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa T
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had prepaid reservations for 5 nights at this hotel for Super Bowl and was forced to pay double for one of the nights due to greed and mistakes from the hotel staff. I stay at 200 plus hotels per year and have done so for over the past 10 years and this is the worst I have found....They do not deserve to be a Choice Hotel Brand the way they treat their guests, rude kitchen staff, rude management, hot water issues,TERRIBLE internet, and unwillingness to resolve issues. Myself nor any member of my company will ever stay at this hotel again !

The day in question was day 2 of a 3 day PREPAID reservation and I was locked out of my room when I returned at 0430 after working a 23 hour day...I had to argue with the hotel staff for over 45 minutes before being allowed into my room....I also had to make 3 calls to Choice Hotel customer service before being allowed back into my PREPAID room and then was charged on check out for an extra night

I had overlapping prepaid rooms and issue arose from when I wanted to stay in my same room for the last 2 nights as the first 3 nights....I went to front desk in advance of the first room expiring to check in for the 2nd reservation and my key cards were made so I thought all was taken care of, only to find myself locked out 24 hours later....What should have been a simple correction in their system turned out to be an experience no one should have gone through...I am a Diamond Elite member with Choice Hotels and this made no difference to this manger whatsoever in resolving this issue

This hotel scores a ZERO in all respects

This review is for this specific hotel only...Choice Hotels made it right by refunding me the overcharges from this incident and they apologized in their behalf...

Room Tip: Stay away from here
Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank coldfoot8
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We are ChoicePrivileges cardholders and have - until now - always had good experiences with this hotel group, but the terrible experience we had at the Comfort Inn in Avon, IN has me cutting up our membership card. We originally booked 3 nights for our first trip to IN for a family Baptism. We booked 2 non-smoking rooms and had my 84 year old mother with us. When we checked in around 2 PM, the rooms were fine. When we returned from spending the day with our family around 10:30-10:45 PM, our room REEKED of smoke - enough to gag a smoker. I immediately reported it to the front desk. No one came to even check it and all they told me was basically "too bad" and that they had no other rooms available, but they would run the ozone machine in the morning after we were out of the room. The next day we departed early and again returned close to 11 PM. Again the room REEKED of smoke AND the 2nd room had not even been touched by housekeeping. Again I reported everything to the front desk and again no one cared enough to come and see. The excuse was that there was no one to cover the front desk if they left it for a few minutes. I wonder what the front desk clerk does when he/she has to go to the bathroom? The next morning I cancelled our 3rd night, and went on to attend the Baptism wearing clothes that smelled like we'd spent the night in a bar. When I called the manager the following day, she offered $20, and said that we should have refused and gone somewhere else. Really? Where was I to go at 11 PM with my 84 year old mother in a town I've never been to before? Instead of rendering guests homeless late at night, how about delivering on the type of room (cleaned, and non-smoking) that I had reserved? (A novel approach, I know!) The manager also said she'd refer my complaint to the Regional Manager. Never heard from him either. The problem, as the manager described it, was the ventilation system, that sucks the air from the smoking rooms into the non-smoking rooms. Whether that's true or not, I would warn any travelers to the Indianapolis area to avoid this hotel at all costs. It's customer service is the pits and the room rates are hardly a bargain either, unless you consider rooms that REEK of smoke an amenity. Disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay only if you have access to a gas mask.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ErikaSpott
West Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2010

We are return visitors, and we shall return to this motel in the future. Avon's Super 8 has spacious rooms, with all the amenities that we have come to expect in a North American motel. The staff was quite solicitious, the included breakfast sufficient, and the location fit our needs perfectly. We do think that the Super 8 corporation should invest in/replace mattresses more frequently,..as the firmness was on the wane.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My husband, our dog and I relocated to Indiana for my husband's new job and ended up having to stay 7 weeks at this hotel while closing on our new home. The Front Desk staff was extremely helpful and patient with all the copying and faxing that we had to do. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. The cleaning staff became good friends with my dog. They even had dog treats at the front desk for her. If you have a pet, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
super8avon, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 March 2010
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much from me and the entire staff, and all I can say is our community is a brighter place knowing you are part of it now. I hope you can stop by from time to time for a laugh and some treats.

Best regards,

Super 8 Avon / Raceway Park
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Avon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Avon
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Plainfield/ Indianapolis Arpt Area
Wingate By Wyndham Indianapolis Airport-Rockville Rd.
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 4 in Brownsburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!