“Good Meal”

Cuisines: American
Indiana
“Good Meal”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I took our small business group here for dinner, as our hotel was close and this was the requested restaurant. Honestly, the building itself and the decor is pretty cool. The food wasn't too bad. I had buffalo chicken fingers, which were really pretty good. Another at our table had the chicken and shrimp and the others had the fish tacos. All got favorable reviews. Now, this is basically pub grub that is hard to screw up...but still credit for decent quality.

The server. Well, not so much. In his defense, our server couldn't have been older than 22...and he was VERY friendly. Just not a good server. Drinks (bottled beer) took FOREVER to arrive, as did basic silverware. He just disappeared for long stretches at a time...maybe this was his first waiting gig. Had we been in a rush, this would have been a major issue...but we weren't so it was more of an annoyance.

Based on the menu, I don't know if I would return here again. Just not a lot that screams "I have to go back" in a market with a lot of other options. But our food was decent.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Server saved the day for my first visit”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The food was average at best and probably overpriced even with big servings, but the hostess that was inside the door seemed to have just downed a bottle of lemon juice. No smile when we entered and when we asked to be taken to a booth rather than the table she had offered us in the middle of the floor, the server that we asked went to the hostess and returned to say we could sit at a booth in the bar. I pointed to an open booth right next to where we were standing and the server said we could sit there but it would "mess up the servers schedules." At last thought, I think WE were customers PAYING sever salaries and tips. We sat where we wanted.
Debra P, I believe it was, was our server, she was efficient, friendly, explained the menu and kept our drinks refilled before we had even finished the last glass.
As I left Cheddar's I remarked to the Debra P about our experience. She didn't seem all that surprised and said she was glad she had made our meal experience better. On the way out, the same "hostess" with the same dead pan face told us "thank you have a nice day." By the look on her face, I doubt she meant it.
I may or may not return to this restaurant because FIRST IMPRESSIONS usually involve the FIRST person I say when I enter a restaurant. Cheddar's failed miserably on this occasion.

• Visited August 2013
Indianapolis
“Wonderful Experiance”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have been there twice now and each time was really good. The first time was busy and we still only waited 15 min for food. The second time there was no wait. They give big portions for cheap. The food was really good. I had the Ultimate lunch special, which was a loaded potato, club, and a huge house salad for 6.99. The first time was Waffles and Chicken was great. Robert Irvine would be proud.

Plainfield, Indiana, United States
“GREAT PLACE!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I ate a Cheddar's for the first time and loved it so much, that I came back for the second time and again loved it. The place looks great and is different then other places. The waiters always friendly and fast. The food is great, large portions and presented well. I will make this now on my top places to go eat and with me a food lover, that says a lot.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Wash Hands”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I visited for the second time (1st time wasn't the best) on a Sunday around noon. We were seated promptly. Our server was friendly and efficient. The food was very good, hot and presented well.
My only problem was when I visited the restroom there was an employee that also came in, used the restroom and exited without washing his hands. I wasn't able to see his face or I would have reported him to the manager.

• Visited June 2013