“This is now my new favorite restaurant”
Review of Charbonos

Charbonos
Reserve with OpenTable
Charbonos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 100 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Hwy 36 (Rockville Road)
Description: Part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Charbonos is located in Avon, Indiana. Named for an uncommon and delicious variety of grape found in California, Charbonos welcomes guests to the Tuscan countryside. You will find award winning entrees including: ample portions of salads, pastas featuring homemade sauces, tender steaks and wood-fired pizzas. Charbonos warm decor, fine cuisine and dedication to excellent service have made the restaurant a local and regional favorite for over 13 years. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Best filet ever and they have bernaise sauce upon request. Also Charbonos makes the best garlic mashed potatoes. The salads are fresh and the dressings are very good. I love the crab cake also, but sometimes it can taste a bit scorched. My husband loves the cheeseburgers here. We were just here for mother's day weekend. We had reservations and were seated right away. We take our 9 year old along. They do have a children's menu.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Best scallops we have had in Indiana, but we left rather hungry for a $20 a plate dinner. There were 6 nice sized scallops ( maybe 3cm diameter each) but the arugula slaw was more of a garnish, and the risoto was tasty but rather a small portion. Huge plate though. Wonderful bread which is good because otherwise not much food. Excellent dipping sauce.

The manager was very apologetic about the nasty long hair my teenaged son found in his gourmet pizza. The pizza charge was voluntarily removed from our bill, and a hair in food is not the worst thing, but it did gross us some of our party. I suppose this can happen anywhere and they handled it well, but my son says even apart from the hair, he much prefers the more classic Papa John's cheese pizza available next door. Too much fresh garlic,fresh chopped tomatoes instead of sauce, too little cheese, too much grease, and not enough elasticity in the Charbonos' pizza.

The service was prompt and attentive. We've also been there for lunch which is a better value. The steak salads are especially good. Overall trendy,fresh food with friendly service.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My friends and I checked it out because we heard the food is great. We weren't disappointed. The food tasted amazing especially for a restaurant in Avon. However some of the food portions were small. My friend had a small pasta that wasn't all the filling. My other had a spinach sandwich that looked great and I had a Greek type pizza which was a very good portion. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank ExplorerDoctorD
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The atmosphere is really nice. The service is great and the food is very good. Everything from gourmet pizza to steaks and seafood. Great for lunch too. A really nice breakfast buffet is available on Sunday's.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

It's is a little fancy menu-wise for me but everything on the menu is good and well prepared. My wife loves it which explains the VIP card and the fact we are on our third reward.