“Disappointing given past expirience”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Disappointing given past expirience”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

It had been some time since I had been to this restaurant. Last time I was very impressed with the food and the service. I went during the afternoon and this time it was a different story. While the service was good, the food was a disappointment. My meal was bland without the flavor I expect from this particular chain. I ordered the pork tacos. They came with meat but no other fixings. I could have gone to fast food restaurant and received the same quality of food for less money.

• Visited May 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“I'd go back”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Food and service were good. Seating could have been better. Put 6 adults in a booth, which made it a bit crowded with our coats and women's purses.
Food was fresh and the nacho chip were still hot.
We will go back for more!

• Visited March 2013
Rosedale, Indiana
“First trip to On the Border”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Great food and service. Would go back. Went for lunch after picking up exchange student at airport. Good selection of Mexican dishes. Server was great on items she suggested. Will be a one of are stops will in Avon.

• Visited January 2013
Mesa, Az
“Not what I was hoping for”
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

The service was okay. When they brought the food out my wife's foods ones good but you could tell my food had been left under the beating lamp for awhile.the food and salsa seemed to be extra spicy hot that night. Overall my wife and I like On the Boarder but this place was not what I was expecting and we left disappointed.

Wilmington, DE
“Very poor service - mediocre food”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My family (group of 9, including 3 children aged 7-11) visited OTB on a Wednesday evening at around 7:30pm. There was no wait & we were seated quickly, although it took some time for our server to stop by our table. I had downloaded a coupon for free queso on my smartphone, so we ordered that right away, along with our drinks (margaritas & sodas). The beverages came fairly quickly, & the queso came soon after - unfortunately our server hadn't brought us chips/salsa to go along w/the queso. He put the blame on another server who was supposed to have brought it to us. Several minutes later we did finally get the chips - the queso had cooled considerably. While the server was rushing to put the chips & salsa on the table, he dropped a bowl of salsa onto the floor at the head of the table...where it stayed for at least 15 minutes, after we approached 3 different people (including a manager) to get it cleaned up. Again, there were excuses as to why it wasn't cleaned right away. People at the table behind us also stepped in the salsa & it had splattered all over one of our coats. The server "graciously" offered to give us the queso at no charge. That's right, the FREE queso. I informed him that wasn't acceptable & after finally conversing with a manager regarding all of these incidents, they greatly discounted our food bill.

The food itself was mediocre at best. My mother didn't like her chicken tacos at all. When the server came to the table & saw that she hadn't touched them, she told him that she didn't like them. Rather than offer another option off the menu, he asked to bring her a box, so she could take them home.

Needless to say, it was a big disappointment for the entire family. At least the alcoholic beverages were good!

• Visited December 2011