“It's a bed...and a room w heat. That's about it.”
Review of Budget Inn Adair

Budget Inn Adair
Budget Inn Adair
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Adair
“It's a bed...and a room w heat. That's about it.”
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Cheap place, bathroom pretty gross (soap scum and other people's hair in shower and drain), but better than sleeping in truck again. Pretty filthy bathroom. Slept well though (then again, been up for 42 hours).

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank RWJ74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I've been twice now (as my husband works outta town and is staying here) both times the room was just GROSS. Soap scum all down the bathtub.. I went to walmart and bought cleaning material and cleaned the tub myself. It does come clean. I asked for them to wash the comforter as it was stained and nasty and she said "well he made it dirty" its a hotel lady he pays you bUNCH of money a week clean the blankets! She hasn't changed his sheets in a week now.. We know those cause there's a blue sheet on the bed and has been there all week. The towels smell awful also! I keep telling him to move across the street but you know men... Anyways I wouldn't put my dog here if I had a choice!!!! Save your money and sleep in your car I promise its better!!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Sharbennett28

Travellers are raving about these Adair hotels

Reviewed 8 August 2012

On a road trip west we skipped the major cities and opted for the small town hotels. While the property is a bit dated, the hosts are friendly and the rates cannot be beat. If you find yourself travelling on I70, don't discount stopping at this hotel for your overnight.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank wyndow
Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I would give this motel a 2 1/2 if I could-not terrible but for almost $60/night could be a little better. If I had paid $40 I'd probably give it a 4. Room was a decent size, beds were comfortable enough, room was pretty clean although the table and sink needed a wipe down. Bathtub was stained but I think clean. Towels were thin. New flat screen tv mounted on the wall but the reception was terrible and pixelated. Free wi-fi worked very well. No elevator. I believe the only other option in town is the Super 8 across the street which we checked, but they were $10 more and only had a smoking room left, which the manager admitted "stank". For the 9 hours we were there it was fine-if you are at all picky keep on driving to either Des Moines or Council Bluffs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank librarychick
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

a tired looking place...we were given a non smoking room which was fine because we don't smoke... but owner insisted that we would probably sneak and smoke and she would not tolerate that! huh??? we didn't have pets, but she implied that we probably did and to not bring 'it' into the room....i was doing a cross country trip with my niece and i guess we just did not look trustworthy..who does after high temps and hours on the road with no AC in our car!! i was too tired to be insulted..in fact i thought it was quite humorous....at least she gave a discount with my AARP card....best part was breakfast at the happy chef across the street.....won't be going through there again, but it at least made for a memory!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank julia n
Westland
Reviewed 29 June 2012

let me start by saying that the hotel itself isn't much but its cheap and was close to the location i needed to go. BUT.......i stayed here 4 nights and almost every time(3 out of 4) i came back from the job site to the room my door was open!!!!!! they came in and cleaned the room and left the door open when they left!!!! Thank god nothing was missing. After the first night they didn't give me clean linens and just made the bed. Its my opinion that if you HAVE to stay here then its okay for a night. Personally....i would never stay here again.

Room Tip: none of the rooms are any better than any others