“A pleasant experience”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Altoona
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A pleasant experience”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

During my stay in November,the rooms were clean and inviting. The beds were comfortable. The staff was always friendly and pleasant. The breakfast bar, while not very imaginative, was well stocked and good. It would have been nice to have more of selection of fresh fruit. We were warned at check-in that the hotel was full and may be noisy, I found that it was actually quite and what noise I did experience was early in the evening and minimal. It was overall a very pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Best Western PLUS Altoona. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I am pleased you had such a pleasant stay here. I will be also looking in to adding more fresh fruit to our breakfast. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day!!
Robyn Smith- General Manager Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dixon,IL, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is the second time we have had a problem with this hotel in 2 stays. The first was too noisy to sleep. They offered a discount on our next stay. A few months later we arrived at midnight to find our reservation had been cancelled because of an issue with our credit card. We are both rewards members and the number they called was not our phone number. We were lucky enough that the room was still available but it made for a stressful check in. The lady working the night desk was nice but the night manager showed no compassion for our problem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Susan H
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I would like to apologize for any problems you had when checking in. I train all my staff to make sure all guests are happy and taken care of. I'm sorry this didn't happen for you. I would like to earn your trust and your business back. If you could give me a call at the hotel directly, I would love to fix this for you. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I work at a 600 plus room resort in Wisconsin so I have high expectations while traveling and this place met all of them. James at the front desk was the only employee I interacted with and he was very friendly and gave awesome directions to someone who had no clue where they were going! Breakfast in the morning was really good. All of your essentials for a continental breakfast. I booked a king room and I was comp upgraded to a king with a Jacuzzi, made me with I had brought my husband! The room was clean and the style modern. If I am ever in Altoona again I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We are happy your stay was so wonderful. The staff here want to make sure your stay is excellent. It sounds like we were able to do that for you. The Hot tub rooms are a nice way to relax. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town. Have a wonderful day!!
Ottumwa, Iowa
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First and foremost, kudos to Robyn, Karla, and all of the staff at this hotel! I was warmly welcomed as soon as I arrived by their very attentive staff. My room was extremely clean and I could quickly tell that the housekeeping staff took their jobs very seriously. The breakfast selection was amazing. I especially enjoyed the complimentary cookies and popcorn during the evening hours. Although I was on a business trip for three days, I'd recommend this hotel for a vacation/recreational stay as it is within walking distance to AdventureLand (meaning no parking fees). Simply put... you guys rock!!!

Room Tip: They have an elevator close to the entrance which makes entry to all floors very accessible. It'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wow!!! Thank you so much for all your kind words on the staff here at the Best Western. It makes our jobs all worth while when Guest compliment the employees here. The housekeeping staff work very hard to make sure every room is clean and comfortable for every guest that checks in. Again, thank you so much for the feed back and we will see you again in the future. Have a wonderful day!1
Leon, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Nice place and fairly quiet if you can shut off the heater/ac service. I got to be in the executive deluxe suite and very accomodating. Breakfast with biscuits and sausage gravy with sausage in the gravy! Wished for more fruit than oranges but not complaining.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the Best Western PLUS. I would like to apologize if the AC/Heater was being noisy. We do appreciate all of our guests feedback. Hopefully, it wasnt to bothersome for you and you were able to rest while you were here. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
cedar rapids
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Wow never saw such a small room.
Had problems with the Wi-Fi.
Breakfast was only served until 9 am on the weekends.
Was VERY VERY pricey for what you received. (paid right at $90 plus tax)
Bathroom did not even have enough space to lay out your toiletries.
On a good note the décor was very pleasing.
Would not stay again.

Room Tip: Stay at Holiday Inn Express instead if in Altoona, Iowa.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We do appreciate all feedback from guests. I would like to apologize that your stay wasn't what you expected. I would like to earn your trust and your business back. If this is something you would be interested in, please give me a call at the hotel directly. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!!
Waterville, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Excellent hotel. Very clean with a very friendly staff. The staff really went out of their way to help me. Really good breakfast. Great access from highway. Will definitely stay again. If you are going to Iowa Speedway or Adventureland, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BWManagers, General Manager at Best Western Plus Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at our hotel. Thank you for all your great comments regarding the staff. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning. Have a wonderful day!!