“Convenient location-Good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lone Tree, Iowa
“Convenient location-Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed two nights last week during state fair. Was a very busy time but our stay was fine. The room was clean, very comfy bed, and the employees we dealt with were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast area was busy but the lady kept things stocked and going smoothly. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and efficient. We had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra K
BWManagers, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
Sandra K- So happy to hear you had such a great stay here during such a busy time for us. The State Fair is the busiest and craziest time of year at our hotel. So many people plus the families going to adventureland as well. Really keeps us on our toes. I am even more pleased that my staff was able to take care of you so well and you enjoyed the breakfast. Please come visit us again next year when you are in town. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!!
Robyn Smith- General Manager Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was the 3rd year we stayed at Prarie Meadows.We had the Jr.Suite and thought it was really nice....clean..comfy bed.The security is great..the casino was fun.My only question is what do we have to do to get a view other than the parking lot? When we come Altoona we will always stay here

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
William L-
Thank you for writing this review but I do believe maybe you wrote it on the wrong hotel page??? This is the Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn. Please contact me if I am wrong about this. 515-967-2400
Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!
Altoona, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Nice place to stay ONLY if you are going to Adventure Land Park. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the entrance. That mad up for the shortcomings. Breakfast bar was left without food, cups and clean up. Dirty tables. We used only for coffee in the morning. Fridge didn't keep items frozen. The internet was not working for my Apple - turns out they had special instructions for Apple's that they did not provide upon check in.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Brian D
Brian D- Thank you for spending the time to write a review. I first would like to apologize to you for not giving you a wonderful experience when you were here at our hotel. I do take all feedback from all my guests. We want all of our guests to be happy and pleased when leaving here. I am sorry we couldnt do that for you. Please contact me directly here at the hotel. I would like to earn your trust and your business back. 515-967-2400.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!!!
Cedar Rapids, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed in a King deluxe which is a great room. Staff was wonderful, breakfast great and good location for Altoona, western Des Moines area. Adventureland is right next door. Very close to other attractions in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Morning Tess G and thank you for the wonderful review!!! The Deluxe rooms are my favorite as well. The corner room makes much more room. Having the couch pull out into an extra bed is a bonus as well. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!! Have a wonderful day
Fort Calhoun, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Last year we stayed in this hotel and it was great comfy bed, awesome staff. This year the staff was all rude except one person who was obviously overwhelmed, the bed was uncomfortable, and overall we were very disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Teresa B,
Thank you for writing your review from your stay here with us. I do apologize your stay was not wonderful as it was last year. Here at the Best Western PLUS, we want all of our guests to have leave happy and wanting to come back. Im sorry we couldn't of done that for you. I would like to discuss your stay further with you. Please give me a call directly at the hotel so I can try to fix this for you. 515-967-2400. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!!
Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The overall experience was a good one. The only complaint that I have is the movement to lower toilet seats to the floor. They used to be at a height that was comfortable and accommodated the average person. Now they only accommodate short people, of which there are getting to be fewer and fewer. I'm of average height and the seats are too low to be comfortable. I had to use the shower rail to pull myself up from the low seat. It detracts from the total experience. Most people that stay in motels or hotels are not so short that they need a low seat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much Ira D for writing a review on Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn. I am happy to hear you had a great stay. I do apologize for the inconvience of the height of the toilet. We do want to make sure all of our guests are comfortable in their stay. Im sorry that you had this issue. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. Have a wonderful day!!!
Baton Rouge, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Average Stay. Had large event in region, Junior Olympics. Staff tried hard to accommodate everyone, but by nature, just didn't happen. Very crowded in small breakfast, lobby area. No where outside to have casual quick breakfast. Just not enough room to comfortably move about. Parking was difficult to find after 8 p.m.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagers, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Altoona Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Parker W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I want to first apologize for the parking issues and the breakfast room being too crowded. We are tallking with owners on expanding the breakfast room so there is more room for all of our guests during this busy time. All my staff wants to make sure everyone has a wonderful experience here and I apologize if we weren't able to do this for you. Please consider us when in the Altoona area again. Thank you and have a wonderful day!!
Robyn Smith- General Manager Best Western PLUS Altoona Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Altoona
Comfort Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn & Suites Altoona - Des Moines
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Pleasant Hill

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Altoona Inn? Share your experiences!