“Fun place”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Helena, MT
“Fun place”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The Amana colonies are great fun, an interesting stop in Iowa, The food at these places is homemade and you get a lot. Not gourmet but good.

• Visited December 2012

Sioux Falls, SD
“Not authentic German food.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

When you go to the Amana's and you stop to have dinner you might expect to get some authentic German cuisine. Not here. My Wiener schnitzel came out of a deep fat fryer! It was awful. The family-style sides were acceptable and setting was truly Amana Colonies but the kitchen should be ashamed of themselves. Would not recommend if you are hoping for something authentic.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank foodpeddler
Iowa
“Not good as expecting”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stopped for breakfast. We found out it was only family style which didn't bother me I like family style. The food wasn't great bacon chewy eggs over easy (which I don't like). I liked the coffee, fruit, and the thinnest pancakes ever! The service was good the coffee kept being poured and waitress was around frequently to offer refills on food. I have been here for dinner and it was good so I was a little disappointed!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank lisamarie9456
Tell City, Indiana, United States
“First trip to the Amana Colonies”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

It was a beautiful day to walk around and take in the sights of this historical place. It makes a person get hungry so we stopped in this place to eat. I ordered a Reuben sandwich. It was very good.

Visited September 2013
“Horrible service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

My two sons and I stopped here for an early dinner and we were very disappointed. The waiter did not smile, did not make eye contact and was generally unapproachable. We had to find the hostess twice to get drink refills and other needs met. When the waiter came to the dining area he would not even make eye contact with his customers so we could call him over. When I finally did get a refill he gave me the wrong drink and when I told him it was wrong he did not bring me my correct drink. It was a Labor Day menu so for three people with drinks our bill was 70.00...I feel cheated. When I complained at check out I was not offered any recompensation which I found quite sad...her only answer was for me to leave a poor tip.

• Visited September 2013