Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ames, IA
US$140
US$125
SleepInn
US$133
Holiday Inn Express Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$150
US$140
US$136
US$123
Red Roof Inn Ames(Ames)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$66
Red Roof
All reviewscookiesfire pitcocktail hourdrink ticketsgreat place to staybit datedfront porchclean roomshot tubbreakfast roomlobby and breakfast areastay there againiowa statenice poolstaff was very friendlyexcellent stayquiet hotel
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My mom and I were traveling to visit her sister outside of Ames. We had major flight delays coming from CA and arrived at 10:30 in the evening. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly at a time when we were exhausted. The rooms were comfortable and clean and very quiet. The comforters were extremely heavy but necessary as the weather was quite cold in late April. Pillows were nice and we were unable to test the breakfast buffet. The location was easy to find and my calls to indicate we would be a late arrival were met with friendly staff. We also met a morning clerk who had recently moved to Iowa from Ca so it was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ames, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay . We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was a golf weekend trip. We stayed at this hotel saturday night between Sat & Sun golfing.

The hotel was as expected but the water pressure was very low and it never really heated up beyond luke warm. We were on the 3rd floor. I don't think I would stay here again because after a day of golfing I need a good hot shower with enough water pressure to wash off the soap.

The hot tub in the pool area was very hot but about 8 inches low on the water depth, the jets were not submerged nearly enough.

Room Tip: the rooms were quiet even though Interstate 35 is only 2-3 blocks away.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Debra

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We must have stayed here on an off night. The desk clerk when we arrived was not very friendly and it seemed painful for her to answer our questions so we quit asking. The room was average but the bed WAS comfortable. When I was taking the elevator up to the room after returning a cart, it started making a loud clanging sound and started to drop down about the 2nd floor, we were on the 3rd floor. It then caught on something and stopped. After a couple of minutes it continued the journey to the 3rd floor. When I called the front desk to report it, I was told, "there is nothing I can do about it right now and I wouldn't take that elevator". It appeared that something had been done as it was working fine the next morning. We went to the breakfast which was unappealing so we went out to eat. When it was time to check out, we spent about 10 minutes trying to find someone to check us out. This was my first stay at a Country Inn and I probably will never stay at another one.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank karuna325
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ames, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Debra General Manager
515-233-3935

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We visited Ames to Visit Iowa State and we found the hotel perfect. The beds were really comfortable..We found the hotel clean and the breakfast positive. The staff gave us maps of the city and we really needed them.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ohioillinois

Dear Valued Guest,
It is great to hear you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you soon as your travel brings you back to Ames, Iowa.

Warm Regards,
Debra Pratt
Country Inn & Suites
515-233-3935

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am a Club Carlson Member, so I stay in Country Inn and Suites often. I stay at this particular hotel several times throughout the year. This hotel in Ames is an excellent place to stay. They are always very friendly and accomodating. It is obvious that it is important to them to ensure a good experience while in their hotel!

Room Tip: Everyone room I have stayed in has met my needs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl P
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ames, IA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Cheryl
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!