“We rate every stay EXCELLENT!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Monona, Iowa
“We rate every stay EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed countless times at Country Inn & Suites of Ames over the past six years as all three of our children have attended Iowa State University. We are always warmly welcomed at the desk, the rooms are very clean and comfortable, the pool and hot tub are relaxing, the WIFI is efficient and the breakfast offers a wide variety of choices. For each ISU graduation the suites have been wonderful choices for our party with their kitchen sink and countertop, microwave, full-size refrigerator, kitchen table & chairs, and spacious living room. We also love all the "extra" touches such as the "homey" feel of the lobby with its fireplace, comfy chairs & open stairway, cookies, fruit & hot beverages in the lobby and a book loan system where you may borrow a book from their lobby bookshelves and if not done reading at time of check-out, you may take it with you and return it to ANY Country Inn & Suites. It's not uncommon for us to receive a free "upgrade" on our room if we stay at a less busy time. We always feel at home away from home at Country Inn & Suites of Ames!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Debra,
Country Inn & Suites, Ames

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was at the Country Inn this past weekend during a visit to ISU. The staff were so friendly here and were very accommodating. The room was quiet like others have said and also very clean. I enjoyed the variety of the breakfast. I just wished it started a bit earlier on the weekend so I could have enjoyed it both days I stayed. Overall it was a lovely experience and helped me see the true nature of Iowans. I will certainly recommend it and hope to visit again.

• Stayed December 2013
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with our staff they were honored that you mentioned them. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

All the best,

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames Iowa
515-233-3935
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed in the hotel twice already this year and I am really happy with the service they offered each time. The rooms are clean and, most important for me, quiet and the staff is really helpful. The first time I stayed at the hotel, they were happy to give me a room in the upper floor, where there is not much noise and I was able to study for my boards exam. The variety of breakfast items is the best I've seen in Iowa so far. I enjoyed the swim pool and the temperature of the water was comfortable. I will definitively stay at the hotel again and will recommend it to my friends when they visit Ames, IA.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Ames,Iowa. We look forward to your next stay.

Ames, Iowa
Guttenberg, Iowa
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 weeks while my daughter made a college visit to ISU. The staff was helpful and it was very clean with a great breakfast in the morning. Would definately stay here again in the future...by the way, my daughter loved ISU!!

1 Thank Chris022013
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA, responded to this review, 28 October 2013

Debra Pratt
Country Inn & Suites,Ames IA.
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed in 6 different motels in Ames more then once. We stayed here 10/19/2013 for our best stay ever. We were able to upgrade our room after finding out our granddaughters wanted to spend the night with us, with no problems at all. This motel has the best selection of breakfast items by far & the best temperature of their pool then any of the motels we have stayed at in Ames.

1 Thank Chuck L

Northfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 October 2013

After checking in to the disgusting Super 8 next door, then walking out, we booked a room here. Front desk VERY helpful. Very clean room. Guest laundry. Nice variety at breakfast. FREE COOKIES! Great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Debra P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ames, IA, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
It is great to hear you had a great stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you soon as your travel brings you back to Ames, Iowa.

Warm Regards,
515-233-3935
By the lake in Indiana
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Lots of good things to say about Country Inn and Suites! Great location, easy on and off the intertate. Friendly staff and very nice room. We love that they have coffee out all the time and cookies. Had some cold coffee set out, but microwave in the room warmed it right up! Breakfast was good, filling, lots of choices (but pretty much the same thing every day) - love the fresh fruit and yogurt choices! Clean, comfortable room - the only downside to this stay was the fitted sheet did not fit the king sized bed and it kept coming off which was very aggravating. We are somewhat "green" people and do not have housekeeping in every day, so we just lived with it. Also, no exhaust fan in the bathroom, which leads to a very steamy mirror and bathroom. Other than those minor things, we love Country Inn and Suites and always seek them out when they are available in the area we are going to.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Debra