“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Mason City, Iowa, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Staff was awesome, very accomodating. I would definitely stay here again. It very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff were so helpful and very friendly. We could not have asked for a better visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmericInnAmes, Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Sandy,

We could not have asked for a better review! So happy that we were able to meet (and possibly exceed) your expectations and make you so comfortable!

Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Everyone was courteous during our stay. Rooms very clean & beds comfortable. Also, I had left my iPhone charger by mistake and the hotel was able to locate and return to me promptly.

Thank you for the great service!!

Jacque

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jacque,

Your review was excellent! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay, we are very proud of our awesome staff! Glad we were able to find and return your phone charger.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Spencer, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable as well as nicely decorated. The rooms were very quiet and I could not hear any of the noise in the hallway.
The breakfast bar was more than enough for those in my group. The food was hot and tasty.
Americinn is quickly becoming my go-to place for lodging.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
amesia, General Manager at AmericInn Ames, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much for this very kind and thoughtful review of our hotel! I am so glad you were pleased with your stay here at the Ames, IA AmericInn. Our staff strives to be welcoming and accommodating, and we are proud to offer sound guard rooms so guests can get a good peaceful night's sleep! I am glad you had time to in the morning to enjoy our hot homestyle breakfast. Hopefully your business meeting went well; we hope to see you back again soon!
Fort Dodge, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in a king suite, not the honeymoon suite but a standard king suite with a Jacuzzi tub....it was a great room for us. The Jacuzzi worked great and was comfortable, the bed was great and comfy and the room was quiet. The only issue we had was there was a birthday party with some kids the day we arrived and the kids were apparently not being watched by the parents because they were horrible in the pool area and splashing my husband repetitively, even after being told to stop, by us. I know this was not the staffs fault but with cameras in there and us saying something once to them I would have hoped it would have been taken care of immediately.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us in our King Whirlpool Suite! I am glad to hear you were able to relax and unwind in the whirlpool suitable for two. I am so especially glad to hear you enjoyed some good nights' sleep during your stay! Our recently upgraded bedding package are quite comfy and our SoundGuard construction does provide each guest with quieter rooms.

I do want to recognize the disappointment you had during your visit to our pool. Please accept my sincere apologies for this unpleasant experience during your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and appreciate you bringing your concerns to the front desk staffs attention.

I am glad you were able to have a romantic evening and glad we were able to be apart of this memorable weekend. I hope to see you back again and hope you continue to share your memories with us.
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stay at many hotels for my occupation, As you may have read an earlier review, I have stayed since them to give another go at one of my favorite chain of hotels. I have stayed approx 4 more times with each time getting better and better. The manager is now available to discuss concerns and will address problems/concerns immediately if available. The staff has changed considerably since the college has completed for the year. With that being said I have seen still great staffing and the housekeeping has improved greatly since my last posting/review. I know the housekeeping lead now in person and rooms are now being inspected with more oversight by her. The breakfast was changing slightly from day to day, which is nice if you live out of a suitcase. Manager Sarah is pleasant to speak with and genuinely appears to care for the property. The parking lot has some concerns which she is addressing though the owners/corporation. Great stay and continues to get better each time I get the chance to stay

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Chuck,

Your review was wonderful to read, and we could not be happier that you gave us another chance after an earlier experience. We are indeed under new management, and we have been making many changes and upgrades. We continually strive to meet our guests' expectations and we try to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible!

Thank you for giving us another chance! We truly hope to count you as one of our regular guests!

Thanks!
Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at AmericInn while in town for orientation at Iowa State University. The room was very clean, beds were comfortable, and we slept SO WELL both nights! One thing we really liked was how quiet the hotel was. Breakfast, while not a huge selection, was perfectly adequate for our needs. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to visit our son.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the awesome review! We certainly hope to see you again soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our stay could not have been more enjoyable. Great rooms, great price and excellent service! If we return to Ames we will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend if you are looking for a place to stay in Ames!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your very thorough & considerate review of our hotel!! Exceptional Customer service, clean and spacious rooms, a relaxing indoor pool & spa, and our hot homestyle AmericInn Perk breakfast--these are all things we work hard at and I am so glad to hear they met your expectations! Hope to see you when your travels bring you back to AMES!