Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites this past weekend when visiting Iowa State to facilitate a conference. This Best Western Plus was, hands down, the best hotel stay that I had at a Best Western Plus. The Front Desk staff was absolutely courteous and respectful and always greeted the guests with a smile. The young man and woman working on Friday and Saturday nights (04/04-04/05/2014). As part of a Front Desk management team, I have to say that they were very impressive and would love to have them on my team. Overall, during my next trip to Ames, I will definitely be staying at the Best Western Plus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BWUniversityPark, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving us feedback on your stay! I'm very pleased to hear that our staff helped make your stay comfortable. We take customer service very seriously and know that many hotels are clean and comfortable - it's the customer service that sets hotels apart. This is why we put a large focus on customer service and we're thrilled to hear that it helped you have a great stay. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a conference in town because the location was convenient. Even though the lobby was under construction, the room was clean; the bed was comfortable; and the breakfast was really good. I would recommend to others.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for being patient with us as we remodel our lobby, business center, breakfast area, and fitness center. It is almost done and we hope you will stay with us again to see it all completed. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites in Ames, IA. The hotel had construction going on in the lobbly and I received a letter to advise me of the inconvenience. The staff was wonderful I needed a special accomodation for a walk in shower when I arrived they had already determined the best way to help was put me in the executive suite. The rooms were wonderful, clean, bright and bed was very comfortable. I'll be back next year and the lobby will be renovated and the facility even nicer.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been commuting on a weekly basis for the last 3 weeks, staying a minimum of three nights. I am ALWAYS greeted by the front desk, check-in is quick & smooth, any issues or questions are handled quickly and efficiently, and any changes I need to make are done without hassle. The front desk staff are great to work with and remember when you go in & out.

They are going through some remodeling right now - improving their hotel with an elevator and an completely re-done interior front entrance way. They are pretty good about not starting loud noises before 7 AM and are wrapped up before 6 PM. Right now the breakfast area seems a little limited as far as choices go - perhaps with the changes they might be able to expand in this area.

I have been requesting the business suite which has a little more room to stretch out in; it can get kind of claustrophobic when stuck in a small room for 3+ days. It has an extra TV, small kitchen area with dorm-sized fridge, microwave and small sink. Nice enough to bring a meal back to the room and eat.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is a great hotel. The beds are very comfortable. It is extremely clean, and the service is excellent. They are improving it because they are adding an elevator. The breakfast is OK, limited selection

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Recently My daughter and I needed a place to stay in Ames, IA. We were fortunate to get the last room available at the Best Western Plus in Ames, IA. My college daughter had just had minor surgery & I was stranded in Ames for an extra day, due to the winter storms. The young ladies at the front desk were incredible! They were very professional, genuinely friendly, and I sensed that they truly cared about our well-being. (the impressive part of this experience was... they had no idea of our situation). They were just naturally very kind. I highly recommend staying at Best Western Plus in Ames, IA

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Good new breakfast items. Renovations will be great when completed, but I have not experienced any inconvenience during the changes. I stay at this location between 20 - 30 nights a year, and have been for at least 13 years. I feel like I'm 'home when I'm there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business