“We stayed here for one night, prior to our campus visit to...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Ames

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bridgeport, WV
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I was at this hotel for an extended stay and it was less than desirable. This property needs serious attention given to maintenance and cleaning. The front desk and management staff were not friendly (except Ishmael, who was super!). There were bugs, old soap left from previous guests in the shower, water running from a leaking ice maker on the third floor into the lobby through the canister lights, mold behind the wallpaper in my room where a water leak had been, housekeeper took lunch break in the middle of cleaning my room, etc. I could go on because I was there long enough to witness it all in detail. If the price wasn't so low (now I know why) compared to all other hotels in town, I would have stayed elsewhere. I have several more trips to Ames but will not be staying here.

Stayed June 2014
Carley A, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ames, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for your comments on our Microtel Inn and Suites in Ames. I am truly sorry you were not impressed with us during your recent stay and offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience we apparently caused.

Our team members are always willing and ready to assist in any need that you may have. I am sorry that you did not call the front desk or even myself during your stay. Our property operations team would have immediately addressed your concerns. We take great pride in our rooms and again would have jumped on the opportunity to address any concerns.

We hope to be of service to you in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Carly