“Flavorful...”

Ranked #112 of 197 Restaurants in Ames
Price range: US$0 - US$13
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I enjoyed a nice lunch today, ordering the combination vermicelli and I asked if they could make it spicy. The spiciness was just perfect and the cool side of bean sprouts and cucumbers was a perfect compliment to the spicy heat. The service was exceptionally quick and my wait staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting dishes. The restaurant was very clean and nicely decorated and I enjoyed their music. I will definitely stop again..the location is easy to find (right off of Lincolnway) near Capanna's Coffee & Gelato. Le's and Capanna's are two great reasons to visit...

Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

For lunch, I ordered their egg roll which came in 4 little pieces; which is perfect. Apparently there are two versions, one comes with greens like lettuce and mints plus fish sauce, and the other version I couldn't remember with mustard sauce. Pretty happy with the first version.

The entree I ordered was a bit off of the menu. Under their specials, I got Egg Roll Vermicelli. Their menu lists other meat options with the vermicelli. It's a medium plate sized bed of vermicelli, topped with cut up egg rolls and chopped peanuts. Bean sprouts and cucumber on the sides. I just mixed everything, then poured the fish sauce over it.
Lunch comes with a bowl of soup.

To to it off, I had mango bubble tea smoothie. Yum!

1  Thank DinyP
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The waitress was very friendly and made us feel genuinely welcome. The place is very clean and beautifully decorated, it makes for a relaxed cozy atmosphere.

We started with the appetizer plate for 3, wontons, egg rolls, chicken wings, steamed bao (this was amazing). The egg rolls were small and too crunchy for my like as were the chicken wings. Next time I'll settle for the steamed bao, yum!

I followed the recomendations of another reviewer and got the spicy pork, exceptionally good, best I've ever had. Son had the Lo Mein and was very pleased, he also got the Bubble Tea smoothie and thought he was in heaven with that. Hub had the Shrimp w snow peas, he said it was ok, but scarfed down the huge helping, so I'm thinking it was better than ok.

Great place, we'll be back!

1  Thank Azona50036
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great Asian atmosphere, sparkling clean, wonderful food and reasonable prices. Owners Khe and Minh Le are the greatest!! Try the Tilapia or the Catfish!!

1  Thank IowaHouse
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I now live in California. I still crave the hot and spicy pork no onion with snow peas. I would give ANYTHING for this to be shipped to me. I don't know if that's possible but I would pay anything for this dinner again. I would highly suggest this restaurant to all my friends and to those out there who are looking for a wonderful meal.

2  Thank dawnann3