“Quiet spot out on the highway”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ames
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Ames
Dallas
“Quiet spot out on the highway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is your typical highway Fairfield. Easy access, large parking lot, large suites, an ample breakfast room, and you can be at ISU in 10 minutes. Would likely stay here again on my next visit to Ames.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in town for a wedding and had driven several hours to get there. Our check in time was 3:00, but the wedding was at 2:00. We arrived shortly after 12:00 and I asked if we could check in early. They told the rooms had not been cleaned, but they would let the cleaning staff know. We grabbed a quick lunch and returned at 12:30. Both rooms were ready and they let us check in. It was much appreciated. Breakfast was good the next morning.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I read the rave reviews about this hotel and was not disappointed! Our group had two rooms, which were both spotless, with attractive decor, including the pictures. I know this is a small point, but details really matter to me and the art in our rooms was lovely. Not the usual bland, generic
pictures you normally find in a hotel! The beds were great and we appreciated having both a microwave and fridge in the rooms. The whole hotel was really well cared for, clean and really pleasant. All the staff we interacted with were guenuinely friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Our son starts grad school at ISU in August and we will definitely stay at this hotel then when we move him in, as well as whenever we're in Ames to visit him.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Gary R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
On behalf of my entire team I wish to thank you for the review you supplied of our property in Ames. It is always humbling when we get such kind words about both our staff and our property! It is a pleasure to serve our loyal guests and we will continue to make guest service our top priority. We are very proud of Ames and Iowa State University and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed here for two nights while attending business meetings nearby. Actually reserved six rooms, the other five for my clients who were also attending the meetings. All rooms were very nice and equipped with a fridge to handle that left over portion of big dinner. Pool and spa was clean, as well as the fitness area. Easy access from I-35 and a nice mexican restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: Had a room on the third floor, end, but never heard the I-35 traffic (although it was probably 1/2 m...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
It was a sincere pleasure to have you as a guest at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Ames. I am so pleased to see that the services and accommodations we supplied met your expectations. We work had to please all of our loyal guests! We here in Ames take great pride in Mr. Marriott's "Spirit to Serve" philosophy and hope we get the chance to serve your lodging needs in the very near future.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly, efficient, and always helpful. During my extended stay for business, I was very pleased with this property. It's obvious the people here take pride in what they do.

• Stayed March 2013
Gary R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you very much for such kind words. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the services and accommodations that we supplied. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for your business and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Buckeye, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

Hotel was clean and staff accommodating. Bed was hard and springy, like the old 80's Holiday Inn beds. I stayed in 102, which had a spa. Bathroom was the highlight of stay. Spa was clean, hot and relaxing. Biggest disappointment was the breakfast. They offered very little in the way of it. Could have waffle, boiled eggs, cereal. They had scrambled egg and breakfast sandwiches that could be microwaved. Both were horrible. Certainly need to upgrade their breakfast.

Food and bed were the big detractors here. Everything else was good.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the spa in the spa room.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Missouri50
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here to attend event at ISU. Looks like they are rehabbing the place. Not bad at all for purpose we stayed. I would not go out of my way to stay here, but I do think it is fine for the purpose we needed, which was to sleep. Be careful using mapquest, though, as their directions sent us into the middle of Ames. This hotel is not very far off I-35 but obscurred just enough to miss it at night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Missouri50
Gary R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ames, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you letting us know what you think of our property. I apologize for mapquest being incorrect and I am going to do what I can to correct this issue. I appreciate you letting us know. We strive to supply the service and accommodations that Marriott is known for. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future!