All reviewsdes moinesfront deskeasy accessgreat hotelgreat roomthe hotel staffpool and hot tubcookiescomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areawalk in showeroff the highwaya great stayoatmealbeds were comfortablewould definitely stay here againfitness center
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am never disappointed when I stay at a Hampton. This hotel is fairly new with very nice modern decor. If you want a place in the middle of lots activity this may not be a place for you. It is prefect for us, when we want a break in driving from KC to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Timothy H, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for the review. We are glad we can be a convenient stop to break up your trip! Sometimes those long drives can get tiring, and we are more than happy to provide you with a comfortable night's sleep and a hearty breakfast before you get back on your way. Thanks again and as always, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stay at allot of Hampton Inns so I do know there is a difference from one to another as see it often in my work travels. This is brand new hotel so the rooms were great and all would have been except for one major issue. I arrived at about 9pm so lot was full enough that I needed to walk to my room using side entrance. Snow was all over sidewalk which was annoying when I was not only walking in it but careful not to fall as I was carrying all my work items and my luggage. When I left the following morning around 9:30am, the same snow was still there which I simply find annoying and unacceptable when it would take a person a few minutes with a broom to have handled it. I hope this is read by mgt and they get their act together as what could be great review is not given this dare I suggest if an older person fell due to it. Simple stuff with major consequences.

Room Tip: I am offering this mixed review given I was extremely bothering by the first class quality of this Hampton Inn yet there lacking the abiltiy to do simple maintenace items such as clearing the snow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is an excellent hotel to stay at. Quiet and clean rooms and the saff is very helpful. It is very convient and easy access on and off the interstate. I have stayed here many times in the past and would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Timothy H, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you very much for the rave review! We really enjoy hearing from our return stays, as we strive to create an atmosphere that all our guests look forward to coming back to. We look forward to your next stop back!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel is very new and clean with friendly staff. Breakfast was very good with nice selection including healthy items. Good coffee. The pool was clean, although the hot tub needed a treatment (the water was slightly cloudy.)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We get a lot of compliments on our breakfast and they are always appreciated! We do regularly monitor the pool and spa to ensure they are maintained well. If the spa has been recently treated, it is possible for the water to appear "cloudy" while the water circulates into the system. Please be assured that it is perfectly safe and well maintained. We hope we can provide lodging for you on your next trip to town!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Another solid experience with the Hampton Inn. Newer hotel. Top Notch staff. Clean. Wont stay at any other hotel chains. Soft beds, excellent breakfast, secure facility. Easy to find off the interstate but close to all the town activities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Timothy H, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Your kind words are very appreciated! We have a hardworking staff in all our departments and they are always pleased to hear their efforts are noticed. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and we hope you will think of us next time you're in Ankeny!