All reviews des moines front desk easy access great hotel great room the hotel staff pool and hot tub cookies complimentary breakfast the breakfast area walk in shower off the highway a great stay oatmeal beds were comfortable would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We complained to the front desk that our heater was not working properly. We were unable to control it by the thermostat on the wall and when we called the front desk we were told to try and change the wall unit underneath the window. It had been sealed and there was no way we could adjust. We turned the thermostat completely off and it still blew cold air on us all night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Timothy H, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such an inconvenience during your recent stay. I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter further with you. Please contact me at the hotel, at 515-261-4400.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed at the Hampton while playing basketball games in Ankeny and Des Moines. The location right on I35 was perfect for getting back and forth to gyms at various locations. Our room was clean and large enough to have several adults or boys hang out and feel comfortable. We were in a King suite - my two sons and I had plenty of space. One son slept on the pull out couch and he thought it was comfortable. We were always greeted by friendly staff and the rooms were super clean and quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that our location was such a convenience for your needs during your stay in the area. Our staff works hard to maintain a very clean and welcoming environment for our guests, and we're always happy to hear appreciation for that. On your next trip to the Ankeny/Des Moines area, we will once again be happy to have a clean, fresh room ready for you, as we greet you with a smile and Hamptonality at the door!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was my first stay at Ankeny's Hampton Inn and it was most enjoyable. The front desk staff seemed to be absent from the desk anytime I was down there, but the woman that was in charge of the breakfast area was extremely helpful and more than courteous. The breakfast items served were as I expected but the coffee was surprisingly delicious. Most hotel stays I always have to run to Starbucks or a local coffeehouse for a proper cup; not this time. The room was quiet for the most part except some occasionally loud road noise. Overall I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing us for your stay. We pride ourselves on keeping fresh coffee available 24 hours a day for our guests, and we are glad that it can save you a trip to a coffeshop! We hope to be able to accomodate you again on your next trip to the area, and we'll certainly have delicious fresh coffee waiting for you when you get here!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am never disappointed when I stay at a Hampton. This hotel is fairly new with very nice modern decor. If you want a place in the middle of lots activity this may not be a place for you. It is prefect for us, when we want a break in driving from KC to Minneapolis.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review. We are glad we can be a convenient stop to break up your trip! Sometimes those long drives can get tiring, and we are more than happy to provide you with a comfortable night's sleep and a hearty breakfast before you get back on your way. Thanks again and as always, we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stay at allot of Hampton Inns so I do know there is a difference from one to another as see it often in my work travels. This is brand new hotel so the rooms were great and all would have been except for one major issue. I arrived at about 9pm so lot was full enough that I needed to walk to my room using side entrance. Snow was all over sidewalk which was annoying when I was not only walking in it but careful not to fall as I was carrying all my work items and my luggage. When I left the following morning around 9:30am, the same snow was still there which I simply find annoying and unacceptable when it would take a person a few minutes with a broom to have handled it. I hope this is read by mgt and they get their act together as what could be great review is not given this dare I suggest if an older person fell due to it. Simple stuff with major consequences.

Room Tip: I am offering this mixed review given I was extremely bothering by the first class quality of this Hampton Inn yet there lacking the abiltiy to do simple maintenace items such as clearing the snow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business