“Good location, nice staff”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Whitefish Bay
“Good location, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Stayed two nights. Clean and quiet. Nice staff. Room was clean, comfortable, modern. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was okay, could use more fresh fruit.
Note that they do not have an elevator. We stayed on the first floor. Windows opened, which was nice.
Location was good, close to hwy. We were just going to downtown Des Moines for a show. Easy drive. Easy access to head out of town.

Room Tip: First floor room faced an open space, nice view of nature.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Good location,

Thank you for your review, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide great customer service and clean lodging. We have added new beds since your last stay. I hope if you are in the area again you will come and see us.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

We used this location for 4 days while we road the beautiful bicycle trails around Des Moine. Great location for all trailheads. Nice and quiet, pool and hot tub after 50+ mile rides was perfect. A little lite on breakfast fare.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Bike Central,

I wanted to thank you for writing a review about our hotel. We are pleased that you had a great stay. And yes there are many great trails around Des Moines. If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you as our guests. Please feel free to give me a shout at the front desk if you do return and I may be able to direct you to some new trails in the area if you are interested.

Cold Spring, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Staff were very pleasant . Room very nice, clean and comfortable. Bed and pillows were excellent. Very quiet and a good nights sleep. Used the pool and found it to be very clean and well kept up. Breakfast was good with a nice veritity and selection. Great location easy on off the interstate.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Kevin B
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Great stay,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on trip advisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Here at the Americinn we work very hard to provide exceptional service to our guests and we always appreciate hearing that we are doing a good job. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Burlington, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

My family & i spent the weekend in the AmericInn in Ankeny and had a wonderful stay!!! I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends!! Best room i ever stayed in! The beds were very comfortable and roomy. Microwave and refrigerator in room were clean and worked well. Nice variety of breakfast foods in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glenna N
Very Impressed with the cleanliness,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel, your feedback is very important to us. It pleases us a great deal to know that your stay was so nice. I will be sure to let our houskeepers know that they received a wonderful comment about their work. We have continued our remodel since your stay and almost all in the hotel is new. I hope that you will come and see us again.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

My review would be 5 stars had the A/C worked better. Granted during our stay the first 4 days the temps rose above 100 degrees, but I wonder if the AC units are regularly maintained. When the temps dropped down in the 80s at the end of the week things got a bit better with the AC. That aside I can not say enough good about the staff and how accommodating they are. The manager worked very hard to get us rooms so our large group could all be at a single hotel. Our softball team stayed there for five nights during the World Series with few problems. Trying to save money we had a grill we used to grill out a couple nights. As luck would have it our grill had a minor issue that sent grease all over their sidewalk. The hotel was very gracious and help clean it up without making a big deal. Since we were staying a week the hotel also jockeyed refrigerators around for us so we could have refrigerators in our rooms. Something they did not have to do, but was a nice touch. The staff was very helpful the entire week. When we needed something they delivered. They even let us use a small conference room for a pot luck a couple nights. If there was anything I would change about the hotel it would be add another ice machine and get all the A/C units working better otherwise it was a very pleasant stay. We will definitely stay there next time we are in Ankeney for softball. Thank you AmericInn.

Room Tip: 205 and below are close to the lobby which can be a bit noisy and busy. We had 203 and had no probl...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jmenster
Great stay in Ankeny,

I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you had such a great stay. We enjoy very much working to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible. Wanted to let you know we have finished our remodel since you were here. We now have new beds and furniture as well as fridges and microwaves in all the rooms. If you ever visit Ankeny again we would love have have you as our guest again.
DUBUQUE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This hotel is excellent. The rooms were CLEAN and comfortable. The pool was clean & nice sized. Every staff member was extremely friendly & helpful. The shower water was hot, the room was cool. Breakfast was excellent. I will stay there again. The only problem was we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SuziBG
Clean & Friendly,

Thank you so much for you review of our property. Your feedback is very important to us. I am pleased that you had such a wonderful stay. We have continued our remodel since your last stay and now have new beds and furniture as well as microwaves and fridges in all the rooms.
I hope if you visit Ankeny in the future you will come and stay with us again.

Lakeville, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We have stayed in many AmericInns throughout the Upper Midwest including many excellent ones in Minnesota, but never have I been as disappointed as I was with this property. The man who checked me in at the front desk was not pleasant and gave me the impression that I was a more of a distraction. There was a big wedding party staying at the motel and I was not a member of it. He assigned me a room directly located at the top of the stairs, which when I entered was the temperature of a roasting oven. I was unable to get the temperature lowered at any time during my 3 night stay. The wireless internet only worked if you were in the lobby and not in the rooms. And the wedding party! They were so loud and noisy that I could hear them in my room all night and every moring as they assembled in the lobby/dining area taking up the whole space! One last thing ladies: plan to bring a good lightening system for putting on your makeup, as the bathroom is so poorly lighted that I had trouble finding my toothbrush!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the lobby/dining area as possible. There is a Courtyard behind this motel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelswithmap
Not up to AmericInn standards,

I wanted to thank you for your review, your feedback is important to us. I am sorry you were so disatisfied with your stay. Here at the Americinn it is very important to us that our guests are satisfied with our services. I am sorry about the noise, the room type you were in is only available in that area. If you ever visit again we would be more than happy to put you away from the lobby in an equally nice room.

I also wanted to let you know we have completely remodeled the hotel, new paint, carpet, beds and flat screens, as well as new furniture. The lighting is next on the list, we plan to replace all. I am sure this will make the rooms brighter. We have also upgraded our wifi.

Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us another try if you are ever in the area. Thanks again for your review.

Sincerley,