“Clean and everything works”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
“Clean and everything works”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Good value, close to places to eat, free breakfast and wi if. The rooms were very nice. They appeared to have been updated or this motel is newer than I think. Nice pool but the exercise room is very small with one tread mill and one bike. The walls may be a little thin so if you have loud neighbors that might be a problem.

• Stayed November 2013
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear bcoy146,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We appreciate all of your comments and look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future.

Julie Wright

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St Charles
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the third time that I have stayed at this hotel. My son attends college in Ankeny and we frequently need to stay in town. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean. I can usually tell by the smell as I enter a room if it is somewhere I want to stay. Their rooms are not only clean but smell clean. You will not find a more friendly staff. They are attentive to your needs. I will not stay anywhere else while in town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

1 Thank Lani L
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear LL,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. I will pass this along to my staff. We are glad you enjoy staying here and look forward to your return.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Driving all day I needed to stop for the night. I was pleasantly surprised with the friendly staff and how they accommodated me.The Property was very well maintained and the rooms were great. I had a quite restful night and a wonderful breakfast. Everyone there makes this hotel enjoyable !!
I will stop every time I travel thru !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear SM,

Thank you for your review. I am glad we made your stay a pleasant on and I will pass the information along to my staff. We hope if you are ever in the area again you will come and see us.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. It's clean, friendly, comfortable, and fairly priced. We will probably stay there again the next time we come through Ankeny. It is walking distance to several good places to eat.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kaubashine,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us. I am so glad you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to your next stay.

Worthington, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a very nice stay. We were coming back from my brother's funeral and they were very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely, they have done a complete remodel of each room. Our room was very clean and I will stay there again if I go through Ankeny Iowa again. Great Job Ankeny Americinn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Ankeny, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed stay and hope you will come see us again.

Huron, South Dakota
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We were treated like special people at the Americinn. We stayed for 3 nights for a family wedding. My sister suggested that we stay and I am pleased that she did. Would definitely stay here again. Check in and out was so easy. All of the staff from the desk to the ladies that cleaned the room to the lady that prepared breakfast were very friendly. The gentleman at the desk on Saturday night helped me find paper toweling for a corsage. The room was the perfect temperature, quiet and very clean. Everything was clean throughout the Americinn. Always had hot water for showers and baths. Hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold on the breakfast buffet, a nice selection. Asked for a ground floor room and received...Mom has trouble navigating steps.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and staff. I will pass them along to everyone. We hope we will see you again in the future.

Cedar Rapids
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here two nights while attending the recent Iowa-Iowa State football game. I don't know how old the place is, but everything looked as if it still new. We took advantage of the swimming pool and the free breakfast; enjoying both. We were very satisfied with the room and the hotel amenities; except for the wi-fi. (We were using Apple products so I don't know if that was a contributing factor or not.) If we make this trip again, we will definitely consider coming here again!

Room Tip: Our wi-fi service was rather slow on our IPhone and IPad.