AmericInn Lodge & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
My Place Hotel-Ankeny, IA(Ankeny)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskthe breakfast areapool and hot tubroom was cleangreat place to stayno elevatorrecommend this hotelwould stay here againgas stationthe pool area was nicestayed one nightice machinestaff was friendlyconvenient locationnext morningeasy accessfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ashley at front desk was very helpful. Problems with A/C and drain, but otherwise, a good stay. Check-in process for our group was cumbersome and frustrating, but Ashley did everything she could to expedite and facilitate the process. Rooms were clean and staff very courteous.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Jim K,

Thank you for your comments, we value your feedback. We do our best to provide great customer service and all of our guests are important to us. As with any hotel we do require payment at check in and we cannot change that. I am sorry this made checkin cumbersome and frustrating for your group, that was certainly not our intention. I am also sorry there was a problem with an ac and we had to move a member of your group. Sometimes unforseen issues arise and we do our best to fix them, I do apologize. We hope we will see your group in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

They go above and beyond to make their customer service above and beyond the rest. Impressive and great price. The manager made our group feel welcome and was very accommodating to all of our request. The entire staff gives A+++ customer service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

SBteam2014

Thank you for your compliments on our customer service, it is nice to hear and I will pass this along to my staff. Customer service is very important to us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We traveled for a conference, and the conferences had very long days, so it was nice to return to the conference with no worries! Cleanly, good a/c, helpful staff. only thing was burnt coffee. But there is a gas station next door to fix that!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Mike B

Thank you for your wonderful comments, it means a lot to us. I am sorry about the coffee. I hope you will come and see us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It is just not that great for the price we paid. The carpet was very dirty. The cabinets still had cleaning product residue on them like they had been sprayed, but not wiped off. I had called to ask if we could have extra children in the room to sleep on the floor - it was okayed and we paid extra, but then we were given a hard time at check in even though it was noted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Ankeny, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Lori,

Thank you for your comments, your feedback is important to us. I am sorry you found our carpets dirty, we did recently have them cleaned. I am also sorry you felt you were given a hard time that certainly was not the intention. As we explained at check in the max occupancy for our double rooms is 5 people per the fire code for the city of Ankeny. It is a rule enforced by the city that we must abide by and creates a saftey issue. We were also concerned for your comfort as well due to the amount of space in the room. Again I apologize for any inconvenience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was our first time staying at an Americinn, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The staff was friendly, but the room was just okay. Not really dirty, just had that tired feel. Did not like having the sink in the main room, and this alone would keep us from staying again.

The breakfast area was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, and the food was very mediocre. Biscuits were stale, and the gravy very bland.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear SeetheParks7

Thank you for your comments, they are important to us. I am glad you found our staff friendly. I am sorry you were unimpressed with our rooms. We did recently update. If you are ever in the area again we would love for you to give us another try.