“sold our room”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Bolckow, Missouri
“sold our room”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We in person confirmed our room with a confirmation number but when we came back that night they had sold our room. We were then forced to find a place to stay or sleep on cots at a - DISCOUNTED - rate. Needless to say we moved on with that comment. I would suggest any person or business look at other hotels when staying in this town because this one has bad management!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at a different hotel probably will not be sold out from under you
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank S D
Melanie S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback for us , we appreciate your comments. We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We are under new management since this spring and they have been emphasizing improved customer service throughout all parts of the hotel, including accuracy at the front desk. All hotel staff has been retrained since spring to fully understand the need of our customers. We hope in the future you will give us a chance to show that your first experience with us was not the normal course of business on our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Florenceville-Bristol, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Young people all need a job but they should be more attentive while performing duties. Upon arrival, the young man posted at the front desk was out front talking to his girlfriend and smoking. He opened the door for me and said he would be right in. He did come in after finishing his cigarette. Everyone needs a break, but take it when you have time. The room was average and slightly dated but fit the profile of what they offered. Not really noticing, earlier I found bugs in the bed on the last night. Was not impressed. Expressed my displeasure to the youg girl at the desk on check out and she could say nothing. She was so embarrased. Left a message for manager to contact me and sent email with no reply. Will never return and will never recommend to any collegues.Little dirt and young inexperianced staff I can handle. Bugs, no! Charged me full rate and I destroyed close to $500 in clothes and suitcase. Thank You Quality Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
We appreciate your comments, and are sorry to you had a bad experience. As new management I have been emphasizing improved customer service throughout the hotel, including housekeeping and front desk service, as well as, retraining staff to always put the guests’ needs first. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback for us. We hope you will stay with us again and give us a chance to fully meet your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Ankeny hotels

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, was pretty busy for during the week but never heard anything from the halls or neighboring rooms. Everything worked accordingly. Never got to experieince breakfast because I left before they started serving, but the girl at the counter did offer to get me a cup of coffee/juice and a roll/bagel if I wanted one, so she went above and beyond there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
We are happy to hear that you had a good experience during your stay with us. I appreciate any feedback to improve upon or to acknowledge the staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This place is adequate but I think better values are available at nearby motels. The internet did not work in my room and after several tries i was asked to contact the IT provider myself in order to see if I could fix their problem. It was never fixed. The desk clerk was pleasant and tried to fix things but was unable to. I was given a slight discount on my bill at my suggestion. The room was dimly lit and with the furnishing being a dark color made it difficult to see things like a wallet, phone chargers, combs and such. All in all it was fair value for the price. In the future I will try to find a different place to stay when staying in the Ankeny area.

Room Tip: See comments
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your comments. We are sorry to hear that the wireless internet wasn’t working properly during your stay. Our new management has emphasized an increased focus on customer service including adding multiple new access points for the wireless internet. We hope you will stay with us again and allow us to provide a more satisfactory experience.
Dixon, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 19 June 2012

To keep this short we were double charged for our room after being given half off for a error on the hotels part (they gave our room away). We were charged the discounted rate and a full rate. I had to argue to get my money back for the charge telling them it was not a "hold" they claimed it was. I was told that they had done enough for us by giving us a discount and she was not going to do any more and a hotel employee can not stay at that rate. I am more upset that I expected a sincere apology and the answer we value you as a guest and are sorry attitude. After I asked for the district manager number or higher contact number I get told "I dont have it written on my hand". I was also told, "I havethe owners personal number but will not give it you." I do not expect anyones home number but I am sure they could have him contact me. If it were my hotel I would want to know how my guest feel. My biggest complaint is the rudeness from the manager. We stay often with quality Inns and suites and this is one to avoid.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie R
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. The property is under new management since this past spring. I have been emphasizing an increased focus on customer service in all areas of the hotel, including front desk accuracy and how guests are treated. We hope you will give us a chance to demonstrate our improved customer service in the future.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 March 2012

When we checked in, the hotel was CRAMMED FULL with Boys Basketball tourney visitors. They let their kids run up & down the halls-at all hours and forget about us using the pool. Kids were sitting in the hallways, hollering and running everywhere.

By Sunday, it was peaceful & quiet.

Why don't families TEACH their children how to behave when they stay in a hotel? We find this at every hotel. When there are tourneys in town - IF we can find a vacancy - the kids ruin it for the rest of us.

As far as the amenities of this location - beds were comfy, weather was nice enough we left the windows open 24/7 (early March) but there was only 1 washer/dryer.

We would stay again, although it was quite a commute to Carlisle for our work project.

Room Tip: NOT during sports tourney time. 3rd floors avoid kids stomping as a wake-up call, but you willk hea...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Candace R
Thanks for taking the time to comment. We are glad to hear that your experience was mostly positive. Our new manager has instructed the front desk staff to put sports teams on the lower floors as much as possible so that other guests may have the quieter third floor rooms. We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This was a respectable motel. This hotel will be in need of a make-over soon, as it's showing some wear - but it served our purposes for the two nights we needed it. It's not really obvious for getting into the lot. You have to turn in to what looks like the storage lockers & apartment building just beyond the motel and double back to get to the motel lot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for taking the time to comment. Our property has been receiving some updates this year, and our new management continues to look for ways to enhance the guest experience. Unfortunately, the City of Ankeny hasn’t permitted us to construct a driveway directly to the main road. We appreciate that you took the time to find the access road to our entrance, and we hope you will come stay with us again.