“Do not waste your time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of China Buffet

China Buffet
Ranked #109 of 140 Restaurants in Ankeny
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Do not waste your time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I do not like to ever give a bad review if I can help it but the food buffet here was the worse I have seen anywhere in my travels. Very unfriendly people and the place was extremely dirty. I almost did not stay but was very hungry. I should have gone to the Panera Bread a block away.

Visited January 2013

USA
“Average Chinese buffet, except it offers sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

My daughter and I visit this buffet probably once a month. The food is the usual Chinese Buffet item although they do offer crab legs on the Sunday buffet.
The sushi is average but with a fair selection. The fact that they offer it is one of the reasons why I go back over and over.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TravelBoy8491
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Nice Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We visited China Buffet for lunch. The buffet had many selections and the food was fresh and delicious. If you like chinese buffet restaurants, this is a good one to try.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Terri S
Ames, Iowa
“Greasy scammers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Was charged $21 for two adults, which come to find out later this they intentionally overcharged us because we had a two year old with us. She did not even eat! Asians have horrible service. How about some napkins on the tables and not just the ones that you provided. On top of that I could have deep fried chicken in the excess grease from all the food here. I could hardly finish two small plates because I felt so ill. Stay away from this place.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Karen S
Nubeena, Australia
“Nice Buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

Nice Chinese Buffet with a good variety. We ate here with family. Not sure how much it was as we did not pay the bill. The food was fresh and different from other Chinese Buffets I've tried.

2 Thank mariahzwind

Been to China Buffet? Share your experiences!