“Greasy Food - terrible service”
Review of China Buffet

China Buffet
Ranked #116 of 151 Restaurants in Ankeny
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We have tried this place 5 times..it was worse each time. Food is greasy and not kept very hot. The service just plane sucks. They are not friendly, and they act like you are bother them.

Most of the time there is food on the floors and a mess around the buffett.

It is very rude to carry on a conversation with another co worker, while you are at a table with a customer and talk in another language...

We will not go back

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I do not like to ever give a bad review if I can help it but the food buffet here was the worse I have seen anywhere in my travels. Very unfriendly people and the place was extremely dirty. I almost did not stay but was very hungry. I should have gone to the Panera Bread a block away.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

My daughter and I visit this buffet probably once a month. The food is the usual Chinese Buffet item although they do offer crab legs on the Sunday buffet.
The sushi is average but with a fair selection. The fact that they offer it is one of the reasons why I go back over and over.

1  Thank TravelBoy8491
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We visited China Buffet for lunch. The buffet had many selections and the food was fresh and delicious. If you like chinese buffet restaurants, this is a good one to try.

1  Thank Terri S
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Was charged $21 for two adults, which come to find out later this they intentionally overcharged us because we had a two year old with us. She did not even eat! Asians have horrible service. How about some napkins on the tables and not just the ones that you provided. On top of that I could have deep fried chicken in the excess grease from all the food here. I could hardly finish two small plates because I felt so ill. Stay away from this place.

2  Thank Karen S

Been to China Buffet? Share your experiences!