“Manager Lori is awesome.”

WoodSpring Suites Ankeny
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great, great, great. Clean and neat. Front desk knowledgeable and efficient.Helpful with area amenities. I wish they had a value place in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. What more can I say as I have nothing negative.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just all around good place to stay. Very conveniently located, close to shopping, close to the interstate. Spacious and clean rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. I always felt very safe and secure. Great Value

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Value Place
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I'm a contractor that stayed at this establishment for 9 months. They do a wonderful job at meeting your requests and are friendly. If you need a place to stay on the job, definitely give them a call.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The prices are going up!! The fire alarm kept going off last night. Woke up my grandson , so of course I had to stay up with him telling him that we will be ok.. Now again tonight it started again.. I feel we should get a room credit. My husband works 14 hours shifts.. Not very happy.. If they knew it wasn't going to get fixed why didn't they inform us all? They have no problems informing you when your room will be clean with notes in the door. Than there is one lady that works her pounds on your door to do room check in bare feet!! That is not right at all..So I guess another sleepless night for me and my Grandson due to them not finding someone to fix the fire alarms.. Hopefully they do the right thing and credit us for the unconvinced .....

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Nanak67
Sean A, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

While it took some doing to find this place, it really wasn't all that we thought it would be. Room is pretty cramped and it is really ridiculous that, for the price you pay, they can't supply the dishes and at least a coffee pot. I had called ahead about what came with the room and what didn't, so I was at least prepared with dishes, pots and pans and my coffee pot. I had booked the room for one price only to be told it was another price and that only the manager could do anything about it (who wasn't available ANY of the hours I was). We had to leave mid-week to head back home due to an unforeseen emergency and they would not refund the remainder of the room to us that was credited (nearly $200.00). I believe this is called double-dipping, which I thought was illegal, because we ALL know that when we left, they rented that room again. I've heard bad things about most Value Places in the past, thought this one would be decent based on the reviews. I must have hit the place at the wrong time or something because while there are glowing reviews from others, I can't say anything good about this place at all. My daughter was upset because internet was not working properly on our side of the building, so she had to go to her brother's room to use her laptop (as did I). And, I should have chosen somewhere with a pool....too muggy and sticky to NOT have a pool.

Room Tip: Don't buy their "packages" to have dishes and all. Go to a local dollar store and pic...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cheryl S
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. It’s unfortunate that your experience did not meet your expectations; and we extend our sincerest apologies. At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest stay is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart. We would like to connect with you for more details. Would you please email ContactUs@ValuePlace.com? This will allow us to take the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lori and her staff have been great during my stay at the Value Place!!! Housekeeping does a great job. All the staff is very friendly and helpful!!! I would stay here again and recommend the Value Place. Thank you all for everything!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Ankeny, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you found your guest room to be comfortable and affordable. . It's great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I would like to express my appreciation for the great staff at the value place in Ankeny, IA. Lori was such a great help accomadating myself and my 10 man crew. I give your staff there 10 gold stars for all of the bending over backwards they did on last minute notice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business