“Beautiful Valentine's Dinner”

Ranallo's On 3rd
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We called for reservations and received a confirmation call. The restaurant was full. The menu is simple but the food was quite good. The calamari was tender and tasty. The Ahi tuna was tasty. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

There are newer reviews for Ranallo's On 3rd

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went for dinner with a group of friends. Food was average. When we tried to order a second round of drinks, we were told that the bar was closed. While we were finishing our wine and food (never even offered dessert), we were pushed from the table at about by a waitress who told us that we needed to leave because she had school the next day (we all have work as well). This was around 9:30pm. As we were chatting by the coat rack and saying our goodbyes, the bartender told us that we needed to leave so he could lock the door. Another large table was pushed out of the restaurant in a similar fashion. Very inhospitable. I will not be returning.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Plenty of empty tables; still waited 30 minutes to be seated. The hostess seemed not to know what was going on with the (empty) tables. We were seated in an empty corner and the waitress forgot about us - we didn't even get our drinks for 20 minutes, and only after we flagged down the hostess to complain (waitress apologized and offered our drinks for free, but still). My husband ordered the Smothered Ribeye, which was acceptable, but there were more toppings than meat. I ordered the Seafood Trio: scallops were pathetically small, overcooked, and rubbery; crab cake was dry; salmon was WAY overcooked - dry and hard on the edges, and the tomato basil salsa did nothing to counter this (you can't cover a bad piece of fish with salsa and call it good) - I have honestly never had worse salmon anywhere, even when I've severely ruined it at home. Waitress NEVER checked on us after our meals were delivered. Another large table across the room with 10-15 people seemed to be the priority (larger tips?). We will never go to this restaurant again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

One of our "date night' spots. Great atmosphere, good bar, nice choice of wines and the food is always good.

1  Thank Gerald F
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Bar tender not friendly at all. Wow if someone spent 3-400 on a bar tab I think I would keep my mouth shut. Asked not to come back.