“Great!”

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Tagalong48
“Great!”
Reviewed 14 December 2007

For an over night business stay, this motel was just the place! Very quiet on the second floor. The room I was in was very clean with a comfortable bed and great internet signal! Can't beat the price! I would stay again!

Stayed December 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 October 2007

I guess you can't expect much when you pay $50 a night. For that price I am not complaining but just wanted travelers to know what to expect.

I was on the first floor in room 125, so to be fair, I don't know what the second floor was like. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are scattered throughout the first floor left side (you can tell because there are signs on the doors) They didn't appear to be segregated from each other. I couldn't smell any cigarette smoke in my non-smoking room although the hall smelled a little musty.

The rooms are what I could best describe as dingy and the furniture and fixtures are outdated. The toilet would only flush if you held the handle down and the tiles in the bathroom were coming off. The hot water tapered off very quickly. It was, however, cleaned both days I was there and fresh towels provided.

• Liked — Proximity to personal event
  • Disliked — state of the room
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Ankeny hotels

Chicago Suburbs, IL
Reviewed 24 July 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights recently. I thought the price was great, and the staff was very friendly at check-in and whenever I talked to them. However, I found the room was a bit on the shabby side, but that was to be expected for the price. My husband and I selected a 1 bed, non-smoking room. The bed was awful, when we both laid down in it, it caved in in the middle and we were lying pressed up next to each other. Not a good night's sleep for me at all. The toilet wouldn't flush unless you held the handle down until the water started swirling down the toilet. Also, though our room was non-smoking, the smell of smoke was still in the air and would intensify first thing in the morning. I know there are smoking rooms in this hotel. I don't know if they were on the same floor as us, or the one underneath, and I also know you can't really control where smoke travels, so I think for my next trip I'll stay at a completely non-smoking hotel because my allergies were bad the entire time.
All in all, this hotel was good for the pure fact of you get what you pay for. I don't think I'd stay again, but I also wouldn't say to avoid it at all costs. Just expect your hotel room to be in line with the amount you are paying.

• Liked — The price and friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Comfort--there was none
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Kurtistown, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 July 2006

Just had to let you know that my stay at Days Inn Ankeny was great. The room I stayed in had 2 queen size beds, loved the tub and it's shape, room was very clean each day that I was there. Staff was great, helpful, and friendly. Great channels on tv, loved the bagels and coffee that was served plus the muffins. Since I have never driving in the states before, it was a good experience for me not to depend on others. I was there for the USA Special Olympics National Games that my son participated in. It was one of your hotel guest from Maine who recommended me your hotel, since I was in Des Moines and too far from where I needed to go. Plus the hotel I was at the first weekend was not what I expected. Price was a higher, room too small and housekeeping, just couldn't keep up with the busy time they had there. I was happy to be in Ankeny since everything was just where you wanted, gas,stores,places to eat and to shop. I will recommend your place to any one who goes to Iowa. People in Iowa was very friendly and always smiling. I think about my stay everyday since I have been home and will not forget the experience that I had while there. Thanks Days Inn for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank Dolores V
Travellers also viewed these Ankeny hotels
WoodSpring Suites Ankeny
Comfort Inn Ankeny
Comfort Inn Ankeny
#6 of 13 in Ankeny
Hampton Inn & Suites Ankeny

Been to Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines

Property: Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines
Address: 105 NE Delaware Ave, I-35 Exit 92, Ankeny, IA 50021-6635
Region: United States > Iowa > Ankeny
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Ankeny
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Ankeny - Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Ankeny