“It is not a fancy restaurant, but I love it. Worth driving for a while.”

Restaurant Chez Sauveur
Ranked #37 of 304 Restaurants in Algiers
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“It is not a fancy restaurant, but I love it. Worth driving for a while.”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was my second visit to this restaurant. It is about 20-30 min drive from the city center of Algiers depending on the traffic. OK, as some commented below, it may not be a fancy restaurant, but I love this place. I can just keep eating the shrimp, calamari, and fried fish. I hope the owner and chefs of the restaurant will improve their services. I am a Japanese, and so I hope you would trust my comment. You'd better be prepared eating shrimps in a bit messy way with hands.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Fukuyan

Scandicci, Italy
“Fried fish, delicious”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Good quality-price ratio. Real algerian port-restaurant..gentile people and very nice view from window..

Algiers, Alger, Algeria
“Bad, Just plain bad”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The service is horrible, the food isnt fresh, They had calamari, but when I ordered it, the waiter acted like there wasnt any calamari even though it was in the open fridge! I also took a quick peek in the kitchen from that small window, and it was so filthy and the cook's clothing were stained and the pots were greasy. It is kinda costy though and indeed there are much better restaurants in Algeria for the exact same price.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Hanaa B
Maisons Alfort
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This restaurant serves excellent seafood in a basic local atmosphere. Althiugh it is by the sea there is no particular view.

Everything is fresh and sold generally by weight.

Try the shrimp as starters (you will keep ordering more).then the fish according to your taste (which you can chose). I prefer red mullets myself. With local (cheap) white wine.

The service is OK, rather friendly.

It is a little far (about 2500 Dirams by taxi including waiting and return.

• Visited October 2011
Banjul, Gambia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EWWW it was so disgusting”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

hi I went to this restaurant and it was awful there was a worm in my soup and when i told the waiter he said i should drink around it. So I did, then when the dessert came i asked for the cream bullet and they brought it to me and I ate it later I asked what they made it out of and he told me they made it out if his mother's milk.

• Visited July 2011