“Not assuming their errors”
Review of Hilton Alger

Hilton Alger
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Algiers
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at Hilton alger for 3 night end of March 2014.
At the moment of paying they charged my card with 20 000 DZD more than the amount written on the receipt.
We are now in June and I still wasn't refunded with my money!!! It was an error, ok with that, but for a Hilton the customer assistance is really horrible. They are avoiding my calls and not even trying to solve the problem! This is unacceptable!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline S
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.

We are sorry to learn that on this occasion our service did not satisfy your expectations, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you.

Could you Please send us your e-mail address, so we can contact you in order to solve the problem as soon possible.

Again, we are terribly sorry for the disappointment. Do not hesitate to contact me for you next trip to Algiers. I personally would assure that you will be delighted during your stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice Hilton, close to the airport, blasting fast internet connection. Really helpful staff. Wake up early if you need to go to city centre, traffic in Algiers is a nightmare ! I would recommend this hotels to any one going in Algiers for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments,it a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Alger and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

It's well know that hotelier services are not the attraction of Algeria.
Hilton Alger doesn't makes exception to the rule.
On behalf of the famous brand represented, you will find a generally old hotel with average services,
Do not expect too much, to only plus are the proximity to the expo complex and the view.
Around the hotel there is simply, nothing, so you will need a car or a taxi for everything.
There are better choices for the paid price, let's hope the new tower that they are building will improve not only the conforms but also the level of services.

Dear Sir,

At first I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment, following your recent stay at Hilton Alger.

I have noted your comments with great interest and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel.

Please accept the expression of my highest consideration.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for three nights, had a two-day meeting at the meeting room and was an enjoyable stay. Easily accessible from the airport, the room is not like a five star hotel though the internet is excellent, fast and free. Had the opportunity to eat throughout the day from breakfast to dinner, made me think that the food variety is simply not there. The pool is great and highly recommended though the staff hospitality is below my expectation. The shower is either too cold or too hot and difficult to get ideal temperature with strong pressure. The overall hospitality really needs a little touch to improve but the security is world-class

Room Tip: Excellent internet, pool and ideal location for meeting
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CALVAIRE, Gérant at Hilton Alger, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor.

We really appreciate your constructive feed back . Your report will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.

We would like to ensure you that trainings are ongoing in order to maintain high quality standard alignment. We also are giving importance to the rooms maintenance.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here on a business trip, was very impressed with service and facilities, rooms to a good standard.
Also used conference room for meeting.
Selection of restaurants, ate in the Sara restaurant where had a good steak. Breakfast buffet very good.
Located away from city centre and fairly close to airport.

Room Tip: Request Sea View room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. It is a pleasure to know that you enjoy your stay.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hilton Alger and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you on the occasion of your next trip to Algeria.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's a short ride from the Airport and the view from the top floor rooms is fantastic in either direction. The room itself was decent though more inline of a 3/4 star hotel. Complimentary breakfast was the worst I've had ever and even the food I ordered for dinner was pathetic. The lobby is big and airy but beyond the front facade; everything seems to need an urgent repair job. The business center, meeting rooms etc were all a patched up job that need a major overhaul to bring it inline of its 5 star status. English isn't the staffs strongest language and some of the managers were outright rude.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor and for chosing Hilton Alger.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused by our service.

I inform you that your report will be shared with our heads of departments and they will take it in consideration to improve our services.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Very secure hotel, very convenient to the airport. must be good for business trips. Outrageously expensive yet everything from room design to amenities, from restaurant quality to the service, everything is four stars. So, only if you want to pay the extra money only on account of security and close vicinity to your plane.

Room Tip: Facing the sea; otherwise you are liable for some street or ballroom noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments. Your report will be shared with our team and help us to improve our service.