so my review will cover 3 areas; my personal experience of the hotel; the restaurant facilities; and the hotel as a conference venue. My stay was fine, the room was spacious with a balcony looking out over the tennis courts and pool. While I was here, they experienced a burst water main, which meant that there was no hot water on one day, but that could happen anywhere. Service at checkin/out and in the bar patio area was fine. I personally found the public areas a little warm, but the bedroom temperature was just fine.
I used 2 restaurants, the Sara for lunch where there is waiter service, and the main restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The Sara was fine, and the food is good, but as a trainer/ facilitator of many years' experience, my suspicions that they would not be able to turn around 25 people in one hour was completely justified. We never managed to get lunch done in under 75 minutes.
Breakfast was fine, with the option of chef-cooked omelettes or whatever. I have to say that the salad buffet in the evening is one of the finest I have ever experienced, in terms of variety, presentation and content. Congratulations to the creator! Mohammed at front of house was friendly and welcoming always.
This hotel is pretty good as a conference venue. The rooms are on the first floor, and when I asked Lilya to reorganise the room layout, this was done quickly and without fuss. The room itself was very hot, the aircon seemed not to be working, so we depended on a draft from outside to keep somewhat cool. I would like to have seen more of Lilya, and to feel she was looking after us carefully. I'm sure my client was paying large sums for use of the hotel. The training room was serviced adequately and we got regular supplies of coffee, croissants and cakes. All in all, not bad - I have experienced both much worse and somewhat better - let's say 6/10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax among pine trees overlooking the bay at the Hilton Alger hotel. Take the complimentary shuttle service from Houari Boumediene Airport to reach the hotel in approximately 15 minutes. The center of Algiers is a 15-minute drive from the hotel. Ideal for business, the hotel is adjacent to the Algiers International Exhibition Center, has meeting and event space with WiFi for 15-1000 guests, and a business center with a complimentary printing service amongst other supportive business services and equipment. Settle in to a contemporary guest room with a balcony and garden views. Surf the web with high-speed internet access at the large desk or relax watching the HDTV. Choose a deluxe room for sea views or indulge in more space with a suite featuring separate areas for living and sleeping. Take advantage of the array of recreational activities in this oceanfront Algiers hotel. Admire Mediterranean views from the outdoor pool surrounded by lush gardens. Enjoy a workout in the fully equipped fitness center, play tennis on the two complimentary floodlit courts or simply relax in the sauna. Savor locally and internationally inspired cuisine in one of seven dining and beverage venues in the Hilton Alger hotel. From relaxed poolside fare at The Poolhouse to authentic tagines at Casbah restaurant, there are culinary options to suit any occasion and taste. By night listen to the live music at Kantar bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Alger reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Algiers Hotel Algiers
- Hilton International Algiers