“Salmonella food poisoning!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 75 Speciality Lodging in Agadir
peterborough
“Salmonella food poisoning!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just want to note that this accommodation is also the Carribean Village Agador.
This review is based upon the Village but the restaurants are the same hence my review on here.
The previous post on the Carribean Village was written by my husband on my account and was not the views/details of myself.
I thought the food was ok, got a bit boring after the first week.
Place was quite run down, with shabby plates and place generally in need of a good make over, however seemed clean (glasses not so much).
We paid quite a bit for our holiday but if you are on a budget and dont mind risking food poisioning I suppose it could be a good holiday but if like me you are prone to getting ill then I wouldn't risk it (especially if you have kids!!)
People were very freindly and the bar staff were fab!! Some of the other staff expected a tip which I hate - you get a tip if you provide good service!!!
I became ill after the first few days of being there but I put it down to a virus as I presumed you would be violently sick if you had food poisioning??!! (Obviously not as on the 8th August my doctor informed me that my sample had come back as having salmonella poisoning!)
I have now been ill for almost 1 month first 2 weeks having diarrhoea, headaches, nausea and stomach cramps. Last 2 weeks blocked up, painful tummy and bloated like I'm 8 months pregnant!! So please don't risk this place if you are expecting or have any underlying illnesses....
First room we had smelt and kids bed was dangerous and we had the pleasure of listening to the builders banging around first thing in the morning, but the second room we got moved to 'thanks to our moroccon freinds' was clean, smelt good and the kids bed was safe.
Beds comfortable and pillows very firm.
Water you could get only after 7pm which is not good if you have diarrhoea!! However there are dispensers and you can request ice from the staff to cool down the water (not sure if this is bottled though???)
Pool water did get grubby after a few days into the holiday but I think this must have been germ free as the kids was in there every day and no ear infections (my son is prone to catching)!!!
My daughters suitcase went a miss (with my warm clothes in which I needed as it was freezing at night) we collected it 2 days before we went home.
All in all a very dissapointing holiday.
If you have already booked just be careful what you eat, take some hand sanitiser, drink plenty of water and take some immodium just incase!!!
Think the best night was the pool display where they have fire and all the animation team work hard together (its like a mini west end show) But unfortunately with having a bad tummy this was spoilt for us!!!
The disco next door was good but you pay 50dhm approx £4 for a bottle bud.
Overall I think its a shame as if it had only been the run down grounds maybe we would have been placing a different review.
But in our case this holiday has put us off Africa full stop.
Happy holidays and hope the Carribean village/tamlet guests get a bit more luck than us and quite a few others this summer.
Thankyou to the staff that helped us especially Mohammed, Adir, Abdulla & Chef!! Oh and thanks to the rep for his help (not so much thanks to Marsha/varsha-first choice) who was meant to be trying to find our case, as a top priority on her list everyday!
This was not the case, we was advised on leaving that the case had been there for a while and the airport had not called to say!!! Hello we paid first choice for our holiday not them!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Amy F

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Czech first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

The Pueblo Tamlelt Hotel was fine. Clean and comfortable, the TV worked, the staff were excellent. We didn't realise it was in the complex which was what made it a great holiday. Four swimming pools, the main Oasis restaurant was overall nearly excellent in our view with the odd tip to the waiters going a long way. We did find the themed restaurants disappointing but as there was generally such a wide choice in the Oasis, it just didn't matter. We had a great week and will go back. We also found that so many people, English, French and German were so relaxed, we chatted to loads of people. So they must have enjoyed their holiday as well!! It was our first time in Morocco so we booked transfers but the Moroccans are so nice, we felt completely safe so next time we'll get a taxi, much cheaper. The complex could have done with some better beer than the Stork stuff which was the only one available. No, all in all, we'd recommend the place to anyone and we just wonder how people can justify the complaining we've read here. Talk about whingeing Poms!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
london,uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

we were booked to stay at this hotel at end july 2010. we are a family of 5. Children age 11, 8 and 6. When we arrived our first impression was not good. Small reception area. Seemed quite quiet. We were taken to our rooms which seemed to be quite far up three flights of stairs - could take lift but all of us could not fit so i walked our the kids.The rooms were very basic. Bath was very old. Room seemed stuffy.We had booked 2 rooms but did request inter connecting ones. The ones we were shown were next door to each other but were not inter connecting. My husband was not happy with them so he went back down to reception to complain. kids and i waited in the room.They were getting fed up of waiting and i was wondering that i had made a mistake of booking this place. Anyway when he came back up my husband had managed to get us moved over to the sister hotel carribbean village which was sooo much better. The room we got was one room with 2 bedrooms.Kids room had single bed and a bunk bed and we had 2 single beds put together for us.We were on the top floor and we had a good view of the main pool.There were 4 swimming pools between the 2 hotels so weather you were at the tamlet side or the carribean village side you could use all the facilities.There were 6 themed restaurants and 2 main buffet restaurants.food good .Entertainment team very good. We enjoyed this holiday because we were on the caribbean village side - near where it was always lively.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Travellers are raving about these Agadir hotels