“Excellent value.”
Review of Studiotel afoud

Studiotel afoud
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Great price for a nice room with air conditioning, a mini cooker and a fridge. Very friendly and clean and the rooms all have balconies big enough for a couple of people to sit out on. The bigger rooms have a lviing area with sofas and are still cheaper than many of the hotels in Agadir.

The only downside is that the beach is about a 15 minute walk away and Agadir in general is not a very interesting place at all.

Room Tip: Suites are much bigger and can sleep an extra person or two but are good for two people as well as t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jonathan M

Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed here for a week in April and were really pleased with the hotel. It was great value for money and perfect for basic self catering as it had a kitchenette. It's well situated for the beach and town and the staff were particularly welcoming and friendly. Our only issues were that the room and hotel in general smelled of stale smoke; and there was building work going on next door which can't be helped but was a bit noisy.

Our room was high up so we had spectacular views of the sea and the Kasbah which really made it special.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and the patisserie next door is amazing so well worth a visit. We ate in the restaurant one evening which was really lovely. Good food and really good value.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the coast on high floors are good if only for the spectacular views!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandESouthEngland
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My friend and I travelled to Morocco at the end May, spending four nights in Agadir, and three in Marrakech.

Whilst in Agadir, we stayed in the Studiotel Afoud Apartments. It is situated away from the main tourist hub along the beach, which we thought was nice as we got to see the non-tourist side of Agadir.

The staff are very welcoming, the apartment was clean and comfortable. There is free wifi which we found useful in planning our day, and air-conditioning kept the room nice and cool! The restaurant downstairs is reasonably priced and the food was lovely. It was a good base for our many excursions, and sightseeing as its quite easy to walk to the main tourist strip from the hotel (about 20mins to the beach) and the hotel have a facility to organise excursions for you.

Overall, if you don't mind a little walk (we enjoyed it) then this is a very good (& inexpensive) solution to accomodation in Agadir.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank GCave
Reviewed 30 May 2012

....and I've stayed at the Sofitel right on the beach $$$ (for work) but this was out of my own pocket so I wanted a budget hotel with a great location...and this was beyond my expectations. It doesn't even seem right calling it a "budget hotel" because it doesn't seem like it. I've stayed here three times...the longest being for about 5 or 6 days.

The rooms are gorgeous...modern, clean, well-decorated. They put me on the 7th and 8th floor and I had the layout where the kitchen is in a small alcove...not the one that is altogether the bed, kitchenette, living room. They have various layouts.

A hotel like this in the US would be over $100/night for sure so it's amazing for it to be $24/night. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the beach. There is a nice grocery store nearby called IFRA...a couple bakeries....restaurants (the hotel has a nice one as well - I even popped into their kitchen to borrow a chopping knife and it was clean, the chefs were so friendly and gave small talk while they prepared food beautifully).

My favorite part were the gentlemen at the front desk (friendly Hussein!) and the door/bellman - and one of the cleaning ladies. Everyone was just incredibly friendly....I found myself wanting to just hang out with them to talk about their lives and the local culture....rather than walk around town sightseeing. I feel real quality visits to a different country is when you can connect to real people. I appreciate that the folks here could do that for me and let me learn more about them. And the locals appreciate tourists who take the time and learn Berber or Darija (Moroccan Arabic). You become almost like part of the family from these small gestures and effort.

The only issue I had was the noise from construction of a building they are working on next door. I'm sure you can ask for a room on the other side though. I never bothered....the construction begins around 8am...most people might be awake by then. Or just bring earplugs; they are a true necessity when travelling.

The beds are sturdier than what many in the US might be used to. However, their duvets are so thick, you might be able to double up and use it on top of the mattress. It wasn't an issue for me as I lived in Asia...harder mattresses there.

Additionally, just a heads up, if you try to bring a guest to your room, they most likely will not allow it. In some ways, it's nice because it keeps the hotel classy...i.e., it's not a seedy "hooker house". But in other ways, it can be inconvenient because a friend (a male - totally platonic) who I travel occasionally with wanted to take the other bed in my room and split the cost. I didn't even want to bring it up to the front desk because out of respect in the country, being unmarried, it's frowned upon...it just didn't seem very couth after they knew me and had seen me travelling solo the whole time. My friend ended up booking a separate room and they got more business which was fine to both of us.

There is a small pool; I never used it as I went to the beach but it looked clean and there were plenty of lounge chairs.

The hotel is in a great location....from there, I walked up the mountain to see the kasbah ruins. I walked to the marina, to the beach....and the bus station isn't far.

It's the only hotel I will stay at in Agadir....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank RunawayRainbow
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Very welcoming staff. Comfortable room including both bed and sofas. Great bakery in same building. Restaurant bland and not worth visiting. TV had World Service and WiFi cool so was able to keep in touch. Downside, next to 24/7 garage so a bit noisy at night if like us you like to sleep with windows open.

Room Tip: Higher the better for view and noise at night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Froomee
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Good place to stay for location and price, clean tidy room, not huge room but suitable for for a couple, kitchen very very basic with an electric 2ring hob which had to be used to boil a kettle, so if you like a brew be prepared to wait the 10 mins it takes to boil..!! Nice views from the balcony on the 4th floor.. Swimming pool not quite how it looks in the brochure.. It's more like a very very big bath and not the cleanest lookin either so we opted for the beach which is about a ten minute walk from the hotel..lovely sandy beaches with the option of payin around 20 dirhams for sun lounger (can haggle) they then watch your personal belongings if you venture down for a cool dip in the sea and also keep the sellers at bay, we ate at the hotel which serves a great salad at a good price. The staff are all very friendly and the rooms are cleaned every day... A big thankyou to the hotel especially Hassan and Hussein for making us feel very welcome.. Overall we were happy with our stay and are hoping to go back soon...

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 10 March 2012

You get a very good value for money here. The rooms are clean, spacious, and there is a basic kitchen available. Not extremely luxurious or romantic, but in good condition and probably all you need to discover Agadir (as far as there is something else to discover than the beach).
Also suitable for longer stays, with friends or family.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple