“Vacation @ Sofitel Agadir”

Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Agadir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great holidays and stay. The hotel is fantastic and the service friendly. I recommend the tennis lessons with the local coach who is professional and dedicated. The beach is beautiful and the views from the rooms are stunning. Great place to relax.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

1 Thank Jojo2014l
Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were upgraded to this hotel from it's sister hotel next door (we couldnt afford to stay here otherwise although there are some great short break deals available online).

On arrival we were greeted with mint tea and a cool flannel to freshen up. Check in was a dream and we were taken to our suite (standard room but can only be described as a suite). There was a large balcony overlooking the beach and mountains, double sofa and outside table. Twin room - double sofa and table inside, plasma TV, fully stocked fridge, complimentary water (and the nicest Moroccan tea ever), very stylish decor all traditional Moroccan style. The beds were extremely comfy. The shower was a waterfall one and has a one way mirror through above the bed so you can stand in the shower and look out of the patio doors and balcony but cant be seen. The way the room was laid out was original (on entry to the room the toilet was in a little room on the immediate left, the walk in wardrobe immediate room on right). Ahead of you was an island where the shower and sink was - you could walk either left or right around it to get to the bed and patio.

The staff were all incredible friendly and spoke good English. However if you make an attempt to speak French to them they were delighted.

The bar areas are lovely and clean - the staff attentive without being overfamiliar. The cocktails are gorgeous and generous and all served with nibbles. International football can be shown on request.

The breakfast was a experience in itself - all totally fresh foods and anything you could imagine or want. My favourite was Moroccan pancakes and freshy squeezed juice. You can eat breakfast inside our outside on the terrace overlooking the beach / pool. We ate dinner in the restaurant aswell and this was delicious. Tagines and other delicious foods.

The pool area is immaculate - but not stuffy. We were waited on hand and foot and there is even a chap who comes and cleans your sunglasses for you. There is a very attentive service at the pool and you can order freshly cooked snacks to eat. There is lots of shade under the 4 poster beds. The spa treatments are really good too - can recommend the full body massage and seaweed wrap. There is a modern fitness centre too.

Its about a 25 minute walk along the beach to the tourist centre of Agadir - and there are some lovely restaurants along the front. There was no hassle and it felt really safe (we were 2 women together). There are also nice runs along the beach (path) for anyone of an athletic ilk - we did this a few mornings early and its full of runners.

All in all i couldnt really find fault with this hotel and having travelled an awful lot in many different countries would say that it is a country mile ahead of any others I have ever stayed in. I would definitely recommend spoiling yourselves here!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side nearest the sister Sofitel tend to be quieter and have views of the mountains and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pelstar
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I spent one night at this hotel and it was just OK. I will say, what I saw in the area this was the best Agadir had to offer. The rooms were small, the shower floods into the room, and check out was difficult.

The pool area is great and they have a lot of people to serve food and drink. The Spa had great offerings but I just didn't have time to schedule and appointment. The breakfast was fantastic with a lot of offerings.

When compared to other Sofitel's this was good but not the best. It is the best hotel that Agadir currently has to offer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I spent one week in Sofitel Thalassa and have just returned home after a wonderful holiday. The rooms are big and beautiful with luxurious beds. I had a lovely balcony with a sea view to die for. There was complimentary tea,coffee and water, also fresh fruit and moroccan cake. I had Breakfast in The Market restaurant which had something to suit all tastes. The swimming pool area was very nicely set out with no shortage of loungers or sunbeds as was the private beach area. The staff at the pool area did a wonderful job and were very friendly. I would also like to mention the Room Service staff especially Brahim who was so professional, friendly and helpful. His English was almost perfect so it was very easy to explain to him exactly what I required. He is a wonderful ambassador for this luxury hotel and contributed to making my week more stress free and enjoyable. I would also like to mention Noura at reception and Khadija, Executive Housekeeper. I found my time in Sofitel Thalassa a very relaxing experience. The decor is spectacular and there is an ambiance there that you do not find in most hotels. I will be returning to this hotel and would recommend it highly to anyone looking for a Hotel that is luxurious, relaxing and gives a top rate service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Starlight268
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you love the beach, then i guess stay here. BUT, it wasnt great. The rooms are small, the service is pretty bad (much better everywhere else in Morocco), and the waitstaff are frankly annoying. I was hounded by more than 1 "pool server" for extra gratuity. One worker even told me he needed $$ to get home bc he didnt have any (i told him that wasnt my problem). This is not what you want to deal with on vacation. I asked for a nice car to the airport (they offered a volkswagon), i asked for breakfast by the beach (they said ok, then i waited 30 min with no service and finally left), i asked for Hookah by the pool (which they refused), AND they couldnt find me suntan lotion anywhere? Bizarre.

The hallways are extremely dark, the food at the hotel restuarants was awful (tasted like all inclusive cruise food), and to make matters worse they FORGOT my wake up call at 6am the day i was leaving. Thankgod i set the alarm on my phone.

There are much better places to stay in Agadir.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are so tiny you can only sleep in them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CLonds
Dublin
Reviewed 26 March 2014

After a stressful year my boyfriend and I decided to treat ourselves to a two week holiday in a luxury hotel and we chose this one based mainly on the facilities and location. The decor of the hotel is spectacular and we were very impressed upon our arrival. We we got to out room we requested a double bed as opposed to two single beds ( mattresses) pushed together so they moved us to another room to find the same two single mattresses. When we aired our grievance they moved us a third time to to the same bed type so we gave up at this stage after a long flight.

The facilities are fab and there are very few children around which for us is a bonus. The daytime food although delicious is very pricey so after a few days we felt we would have to venture further a field to eat.

I had 5 treatments in the spa while I was there and the spa was gorgeous although the service was awful. One of my full body massages which was supposed to be for 1 hour ended up lasting twenty minutes, having been brought to the treatment room twenty minutes late and then left in the room for a further ten minutes to change and the masseuse finished at ten to the hour to give me time to rest. All in all I was thoroughly disappointed and I expressed this to reception where I was duly ignored. I felt quite stressed after the experience and having a background in hotel management when I bumped into the General Manager I told him about my experiences and he explained how hard it was to get staff and made no attempt to either apologize or make recompense for the disastrous experience. Truly I would have been happy with an apology.
I did have a wonderful holiday which I feel was due to the company and the surroundings and little to do with this supposedly luxury hotel. Perhaps the worst experience we had was when we dined in the hotels fine dining restaurant where the staff forgot to serve us until the chef arrived out of the kitchen with the food in his hands and we opened and served our own wine as the waitresses giggled in the corner. I would understand this if the restaurant was really busy but we were the only patrons at this time. It was extortionately priced but we were treating ourselves so please do not waste your money in this restaurant. As mentioned earlier the decor is stunning and the facilities are fabulous but overall we felt deflated after our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple