Hotel Riu Palace Tikida Agadir
Club Med Agadir(Agadir)
US$553
clubmed.us
4,255 results
All reviewskrystal restaurantpool areajack danielsbranded drinksassistant managermain restauranta la carte restaurantsswim up barmini barbar stafffantastic hotellunch restaurantanimation teamevening entertainmentgreat holidayplenty of sunbedslarge balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed for a week in October. We had opted for the junior suite with sea views which was lovely - room is large, as was the balcony..it had 2 chairs & 2 sun loungers so we often spent the afternoon on the balcony.

No issue with getting sunbeds by the pool and drinks at the pool bar were fine.

The main bar/lounge area is large but the area round the bar can get crowded - however we tended to sit by the windows & just asked a passing staff member for drinks which were cheerfully delivered.

The staff all seems friendly & happy - we didn't ever tip anyone and this wasn't an issue.

Food - plenty of selection in the buffet, food could sometimes have been hotter but it was ok. The other restaurants were good, only tried the Moroccan & Fusin - it made a nice change to be served & the food was lovely.

Some people complained there wasn't a party atmosphere in the bar/by the pool and it was too quiet. Personally, I'd gone there for a relaxing peaceful break so for me this was a bonus. Only watched one show which was a band who were good.

If you're looking for a relaxing week, in a clean comfortable hotel, I think you'd enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank nickycLondon
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I stayed here September/October with my boyfriend for 11 nights as part of my trip to Morocco.

Lovely hotel but wouldn't say it is 5 star. The hotel has been rushed to open on time and you can tell.

The major problem with this hotel is the hygiene/food. I was ill from day two until I left.
The majority of people I spoke to had at least one person in their party down with sickness/diarrhoea. GET THIS SORTED RIU!!!

We booked direct with Riu and paid for a standard room, I emailed in advance to ask for a sea view if possible. The lovely reception staff made sure this happened. - THANKS RIU. There are only a few standard rooms with a sea view so we were lucky. I would book a sew view room in future as the rest of the standard rooms look on to adjacent hotel walls.

All hotel staff are really friendly. Especially the cleaners who always said hello.
Waiters are great if you tip them. They tend to ignore you at the bar. It took us a while to get served in the evening. Once we tipped a few barmen we never had a problem.

Be aware there are no easy access points to the pool so people who find it hard to get in/out the pool can't go in. - BAD DESIGN RIU!!!

Men have to wear trousers in the main eating area. My boyfriend had packed nice long evening shorts and was turned away at the door. (but they did let scruffy men in with ripped jeans).

Food in the main restaurant is good. Huge choice and there was always something different - loved the mini cakes.

Speciality Restaurants are nice for a change. We tried them all.
Krystal was the best. Both Italian and Moroccan were average but worth going to if you are fed up with the main dining area.

Cocktails are poor and made in a blender. The bar has a good range of spirits - branded if you ask. If you are a wine drinker you will be disappointed, the choice is Red, White, Rose or Cava. Being a 5 star hotel it should have a wide choice of wine. (thankfully I don't drink alot of wine).

Get a Lemon Slush from the pool bar - Amazing afternoon refreshment.

Overall I had a great holiday apart from being ill. The hotel is clearly the nicest is Agadir.

Room Tip: Email in advance and ask for a pool view.
4  Thank Lyndsey89
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed for a week at this all inclusive hotel, it was our first time to Morocco and our first 'package' holiday. The hotel was opposite the beach with a promenade between the two, walking distance to the marina. The hotel has a private beach area which we didn't use as we are more 'pool' people, the pools are lovely, the only problem I can see with the pools is that you get in via a ladder of three steps rather than a 'walk in', maybe a problem if you have mobility problems. Always plenty of sunbeds and we had no problems getting one each day, beds had lovely comfy cushions. The food is very good with the buffets offering all options, there has to be something for all tastes, we tried the three a la carte restaurants and they were all good. If I had a complaint about the restaurants it would be the outside service at breakfast as there was rarely any napkins or sufficient cutlery but it is no big deal to get up and get it yourself We had a pool view room on the third floor which is on the same level as Reception, lovely rooms on split level with a good size balcony, my only gripe would be that the bathroom and toilet had louvre doors !! not ideal.
Bars were very good and the staff are delightful, all drinks served, even premium brands, they did however run out of Baileys and draught lager one evening !
We are very picky travellers and I have to say that overall we were extremely pleased with this hotel and would definitely return. Agadir is a clean resort with nice walks down the promenade in either direction of the hotel, the whole place had a very 'safe' feel and we had no problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: pool view on third floor appear to be the better rooms
6  Thank TravellersTaplow
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Had 11 nights break with the wife and found this hotel met all our expectations, only a couple of points I would look out for is the top bar outside has a very arrogant bar man and one of the entertinment staff was rather rude to me but thats the worst of it, I would proberly agree with some comments regarding the 5* status of this hotel. However I have to say, we found most of the hotel staff to be pleasent and helpful must give a mention to the pool bar staff which made my holiday Yes I did tip them and it is not compulsory but for the sake of £1.50 or £3.77 every couple of days for just that little extra what the hell,the comment that someone has made that this hotel is not for couples is utter rubbish majority of the guest where couples so I don't know where they stayed. A word of caution trips from Thomson holidays to Atlas mountains should come with a heath warning!! got a good dose ot the trots from this trip and not worth the £113.52 for two,

Room Tip: Pay the extra and upgrade room too pool view
4  Thank goodie23961
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Hotel is very nice with an exquisite reception hall and lobby bar ,plenty of sun loungers without having to be up early to save beds .
The hotel is a very large complex ,excellent food and premium branded drinks are included in the all inclusive package ,when ordering a drink state Gordon's and tonic rather than gin as otherwise you will be served the local equivalent .
Very nice holiday ,reception staff need training to bring this hotel to 5 star standard ,but other than that a very relaxing experience .
The only negative comment is the beach in a agadir which needs daily cleaning as its full of rubbish !

2  Thank Andrew H