“How Bazaar!”

Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Buckinghamshire
“How Bazaar!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Love Morocco! After 4 days in manic Marrakech we wanted to wind down in Agadir. From our arrival at the beautiful vast reception area we were treated like VIPs. The reception, bar, poolside and restaurant staff were all helpful and very friendly. The service at all of the bars was quick. The drinks were absolutely delicious. This hotel added little touches like olives and nuts with your cocktails and best of all champagne at breakfast EVERY morning, Other RIU hotels have only managed that one on a Sunday! All of the meals were amazing...in fact I gained 10lbs in weight over the 10 day break! On our day of arrival it was our 26th wedding anniversary and we decided to eat out on the terrace, My husband told our waiter and he brought us a bottle of champagne and some roses and scattered rose petals all over the table! Another waiter came and sang in Arabic to us...this was lovely until he told us he was singing Cher- Believe (do you believe in life after love....strange choice for an anniversary!!)
The room was gorgeous. Lovely bathroom with twin basins, good strong shower as well as a bath. Lovely comfortable bed too and agood sized lounge area. The balcony was at the side of the hotel....lovely to people watch from there. Well stocked fridge,no optics but don't really use them anyway! Beautiful pool area with 4 poster beds. My daughter got up at 5.30am to reserve them! I believe a lot of the success of this hotel is down to the manager. He was so hands on;talking to guests, sorting out disputes over the sunbeds and I even saw him clear a table!!! The best Riu we have ever been too.

Room Tip: I preferred ours as was on the outside of the hotel. Lovely to see all of the action in the evening...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank bronzedfrombucks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (944)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived at this hotel on 12th August after spending 4 nights in Marrakech. This hotel is lovely,I have stayed in Other Riu hotels in the Caribbean and yes it didn't have the added things like optics in the room and a bar on the beach but you have to remember it isn't the Caribbean. The room was cleaned every day and all areas of the hotel were spotless. The food in the main restaurant was varied and plenty of lovely dishes every night, you are spoilt for choice. The restaurant for lunch got very busy one day, and the manager informed everyone at tea that the main restaurant would be open as well from the following Dayton avoid queues. This shows the manger really cares about the holiday makers. In fact the manager was very friendly and was always around the hotel speaking to guests. In the welcome meeting he said we all should have a map in our welcome pack, I shook my head and within minutes he had one delivered to me. I had a full body massage and it was so relaxing and very cheap. We done the Agadir experience trip it was very good and the guide gave us loads of information. We also done the fantasia night, that was really nice Nd the food was lovely. The pool area has a 2 hour rule so if you leave your sun loungers for more than 2 hours your towels get removed. This is a good idea because too many people reserve beds and go out for the day. We went to the bird park which was a nice walk and we went to a British pub for drinks, it is very safe to go out at night. We went to the souk we didn't get bothered buy the sellers we just shook our heads and they left us alone. We done the twin centre holiday and stayed in Marrakech for 4 nights first, this worked out well as most of the trips are there and people from agadir had to travel 3 hours each way to see Marrakech which is a long day. The only thing that i can say negative is the entertainment is bad especially when you have been to other Riu hotels and seen things like the lion king and michael Jackson. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 1038 and we just walked our the patio windows onto the pool area
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank elainedoke
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We've just arrived back after a 2 week stay at this hotel. We have enjoyed our holiday but if I'm honest my partner and I will not go back there.
The service was excellent and all the staff were a credit to the hotel but the hotel is alot busier than we thought it would be. We are a couple in our 30's and if you don't have children this is definately not the hotel to stay in. The children were really naughty and extremely noisy and some of the parents just didn't seem to have any control over them. In fact one day a child had screamed for that long in the pool a man got off his bed and shouted for him to keep quiet and to be perfectly honest everyone agreed with him. I was continually being hit by a ball whilst sunbathing and although the father kept apologising, he never told his son to stop it and he must have apologised at least 15 times. So really in fairness to the hotel everything apart from location was very good but the children were a nightmare day and night which is not the hotels fault but we will definately book an adults only hotel next year.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank angelmay1
Carluke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I appreciate I am a little late in writing this and for that I am sorry I stayed here with my parents for 11 nights in June 2013. I had a very relaxing stay at this hotel first off the positives:

Rooms Modern and Clean
Food Very Good plenty of variety in the buffets and the 2 al a cartes were nice but the menus were limited and given that there is only 2 restaurants bar the buffet this was a little disappointing
Service in the buffet restaurants and around the pool area was brilliant especially from Massi and Tariq in the buffet dinner restaurant couldn't ask for better.
The place is very wheelchair friendly with the exception of a step in the majority of rooms.

Negatives : Reception Staff rude and unwilling to help the hotel said that because I am a wheelchair user I could use late checkout for free and that while I would be unable to keep my room all day they would arrange for another to be prepared. What in actual fact happened was we were put in a time slotted room where you have 30 minutes for your party to get ready. I complained and was supposedly allocated the room for 1 hour which would just about be enough time to get showered and ready etc etc that would be of course if the room had any running water ! we waited for a plumber for 30 minutes and you guessed it the phone rang to tell us to vacate the room as our time was up ! a return to reception fuming meant we were given a suite to get ready "for as long as you need it"

Dinners are in 2 sittings at the al a cartes

Overall we had a great holiday and would almost certainly return in the future

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard H
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel friendly people fantastic food. Over all excellent. I went with my wife and 2 teenagers son and daughter. They both enjoyed it very much. The only drawback is the evening entertainment which was not as good as the rest of the service.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Magdy52
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a late review as we had our holiday here in July but I always wanted to get round to write a review.

I went to this hotel with my mum (I'm 19) and as soon as we arrived we were impressed. There were quite a few of us visiting this hotel at the same time so the queue to reception was pretty long but we were all welcome by cocktails and the queue went down in minutes. Our suitcases were then labelled and taken up to our rooms by a porter. We visited our room just to see what we had got and we were impressed, it backed onto a path to the side of the hotel but we weren't fussed, it was never loud (only once when a holiday camp full of kids went down and were singing songs but they were on holiday too and it was only once).

The rooms are gorgeous, a big bedroom area, steps down to a small lounge then onto a balcony. There was a dressing area that led into the bathroom with a separate toilet area. The shower/bath were great especially after sitting in the sun all day and there were two sinks, so plenty of room for all my stuff and my mums.

I've seen some comments about the cleaners moving round furniture which then wakes them up but I'm guessing what they don't realise is that the cleaners start really early in the morning and don't finish until late at night. We would be going back to our rooms at around 11pm and they'd still be mopping the floors and stripping beds. They worked so hard so I really would tip them at the end of the holiday. The comments about things going missing, you get a safe, use it!!

We headed straight down to the pool which wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be but even so we were both impressed. We found sunbeds straight away (I would suggest to try and get the sunbed with mattress on and i suggest to try and get an umbrella too because once the sun comes out you'll need some sort of shade). We arrived in the late afternoon but the sun was still hot and after the early morning flight to landing in Morocco we were both so tired we fell asleep in the sun, whoops.

With the pool, you don't even really need to get up and get a drink there's always someone going round with the drinks trolley getting you your drinks, there's even wine and champagne on ice on the trolley. I would also recommend trying the water aerobics at least one, it's such a laugh.

On the subject on the sun, if you go July/August time just be aware that the sun doesn't come out properly until around 11am and sometimes it's not as hot as you expect it to be, we didn't know this and thought it was just bad weather until we asked one of the staff. However when the sun does come out properly it is incredibly hot so so sometimes it is a blessing to have some cooler moments.

The welcome meeting was one of the best I've been to (I would love to name names in the review but as I've left it so late I'm going to struggle) you get told tips on bartering, and tips for people like me who don't like bartering, areas to visit, the trips they offer (you can book them straight away after the meeting) and then you get to meet the manager and his co-worker who told you more about the hotel and about meals, the nights they do theme nights and the two extra restaurants you can eat at. The theme nights were chinese and spanish and were gorgeous.

Breakfast, lunch and tea were always gorgeous. Nearer the end of the holiday you do sometimes feel your eating the same thing but nevertheless there was always something new out and its all inclusive so they're gonna have to repeat the types of food at some point. You usually end up sitting in the same area so you get to know your waiter/waitress and everyone who works there are so friendly and they get to know you really well. For lunch we usually ate at the resturant near the pool and breakfast and tea were always eaten at the main restaurant. We also made sure we had champagne for breakfast everyday, we were on holiday we may as well. I would just warn you, there was this one family who were there the same time as us and one of the guys would always go up for pudding and use his fingers which we could tell annoyed a couple of people, the waiters never saw it so we had to see which one he used his fingers with and avoid it, but your always going to get those types of people. I would recommend trying the puddings, I don't usually like them but there were a couple if liked and my mum was just in heaven with them. Also try the ice cream, it's divine, especially the orange flavour!!

We ate at both the other two restaurants. First the Moroccan, there were only a couple of groups eating in the restaurant so it was a really peaceful atmosphere. As there were usually two different things you could choose from for each course me and my mum picked one each and just shared them. I couldn't complain about any of them. The second restaurant, the fusion one was gorgeous too, I've read a few negative reviews about this one but I didn't see anything to complain about, the food was divine.

We went on two trips, one being a tour around taroudant which was amazing, it's only a small city surrounded by walls and they lead you through the markets which is a little crazy and then into a small square where they let you do some shopping/bartering. The other trip we did was for the morroccan night. You first start in tents having meals (we ended up on a table full of young couples so we didn't really have the best of conversations) but the food was really nice so we couldn't let the atmosphere ruin it. You aren't the only hotel that attends the night so there are about 10 different tents. After your meal you have entertainment that comes into the group, some of it is a little noisy but it is good to watch. You then get led outside to the arena area where by this time its pitch black. You watch the traditional horsemen, acrobats, fire shows, snake charmers, belly dancers. It really is a good night.

Overall the holiday was incredible and it went so fast I was really gutted when we left. I would defiantly recommend this hotel that want's a really relaxing holiday but then wants to venture out on the excursions (other trips are a mountain climb, quad biking, camel rides and other town visits, also a trip to marrakech which i think is a overnighter).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank daisyef
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We arrived home yesterday, from a 11 night stay at the Riu Palace Tikida Agadir. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by staff and given a fruit cocktail, we were checked in pretty quickly and offered a bit of supper, this gives the porters time to collect all baggage together and get them to your rooms.
The rooms are amazing clean and spacious, on a whole the hotel was very clean at all times, the staff were always ready to help too, and so was our holiday rep :))
There was several things going on during the day, and if you wanted to you could explore out of the hotel, where is where you see the locals in their shops or along the promenade selling their goods, remember this is how they make their living, I found it quite daunting at first but had to remember I was I'm not at home!!....
We also done a few excursions, to explore Adagir, which were also very good.
I would defiantly recommend to stay at the Riu Palace Tikida Adagir and go and experience Morocco.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family