“Cheap & Very Basic. Near Souk Elhed. Located on a loud main street.”
Review of Ibis Agadir

Ibis Agadir
Ranked #35 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Summary: This hotel worked out for what we needed: a basic, cheap place to stay for two nights. We enjoyed exploring the nearby souk, walking through the city streets, and a wonderful dinner on the waterfront.

Pros:
+ Good room rate for a basic, clean room. It was clean in the sense that there were clean sheets, no bugs, no traces of a previous visitor, etc. However, there were no amenities in the bathroom and the furniture, sheets and carpet need a major overhaul. That is why I scored them less than average on cleanliness and rooms.
+ Very close to a bustling indoor souk with diverse vendors; food, clothes, furniture, jewelry, etc. The prices at this souk are much better than in larger cities such as Marrakech.
+ Access to waterfront. You can take an interesting walk through town or a quick cab ride.
+ Outdoor Pool.

Cons:
- Area around hotel is industrial, not at all scenic.
- Reception tried to increase the room rate/taxes on us. Luckily, we know how to get our way in that situation. However, less experienced travelers may get stuck with unexpected charges.
- Property is older and shows it's age. So, as other reviewers noted, the rooms feel like they've been sterilized beyond their expiration date. Sheets/towels were thin.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 December 2010

I am not usually very fussy with hotels, but this one is the worst so far.

Cons
-Reception spoke poor english
-Not very friendly or good attitude
-There's ants in my bathroom
-My reservation tells me that i only had to pay 310 dirham, but they charged me 342 dirham. I told the reception and they said that they needed to charge me taxes twice because there's two people. I did get some money back but not all. It was not worth arguing
-Told me that my taxi will cost 30 dirham from bus station to the hotel. We found out that it is only 15 dirham max.
-Air condition didn't work. We had to move to another room. It was really hot. They changed another room after 50 minutes and the air condition was still really poor. We had to open the window. Outside was really noisy.
-Breafast was horrible for 55 dirham. Just some bread, jam and and really tiny slices of meat. We just went out and found a place for about 18 dirham (omelette with cheese, bread and coffee).

Pros
-Nice swimming pool
-Nice on the outside
-Free internet access...just very slow.

I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. I have stayed at IBIS before. I have to say that this is one of the worst hotel i have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank chriseverclear
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I was unsure about whether to come here or not because of mixed reviews. Rooms are very cheap in price, but my room was clean (cleaned daily, clean sheets, soup, towels). Rooms are basic but do the job. There is no wireless in the rooms but downstairs wireless is free, which is a real bonus. Can also order food and drinks from the bar/restaurant while on the net, although if you don't order anything nobody bothers you.
There is also a pool and pool area which is quiet and clean.
About a 15-20 minutes walk to the beach. Some may see this as a negative, but I actually like a walk. For those who don't, taxis to the beach are very cheap, about 10 Dirhams. I also found it nice to walk out of the tourist-crazy area when walking home.
Staff were also friendly and helpful.
For those looking for a clean place on a tight budget, I would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank klick23
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Sewage, soap less, ripped sheets, torn curtains, plastic carpets, ant’s, un-cleaned rooms all come as free in this fabulous hotel. Oh and I forgot to mention you can have flies crawling over your breakfast of rotten egg at no extra charge. This hotel stinks, I mean you feel your guts coming up as you inhale, and that not just isolated to one room we tried 4 different rooms!. The toilet was un-cleaned along with hairs lying on the ground from previous inmates in this prison of a hotel. I had booked for 3 nights with my two teenage sons and they thought the same as me. We left after 1 night.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank aaronpike
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The Ibis seems to be of a similar standard style of the maroccan Ibis hotels. We booked two nights in the internet for a nice price. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as there is the souq close to the hotel, get a pastry for 2 to 5 Dh!
The room was very quiet, and it was clean. You got free parking, free internet access and the hotel has a swimming pool. The way to the beaches is a 5 minute ride with the car.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chemiecrasch
Reviewed 7 April 2010

This Ibis is very clean, has a nice garden with swimming pool. Breakfast is excellent. Room is typical Ibis, basic but good. Location is not that good if you're not with a car, but there are some nice restaurants nearby!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank quattromonti
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Keep in mind: We had our own car, aren't picky about places we stay at, and only needed a place to crash for the night. Because of this, Ibis was perfect for us. We got a 20% student discount (so room was just 332 dirhams a night!) and we didn't have reservations--we just showed up late at night and got a room instantly. It was clean and neat. Bathroom was small, but comfortable for its purpose (it IS just a BATHROOM where u simply SHOWER in). The staff at reception were really nice and were kind enough to give us a detailed map with directions to different places to go out that night. Where we went (the club at the Sofitel) did not disappoint with its excellent live band and then DJ until 3 AM--and it was RAMADAN! In short, if you are looking for a reasonably-priced place to sleep, that is CLEAN, also has POOL (clean as well) and friendly staff, GO! I don't think I would choose this hotel if I wanted an "unforgettable experience," but again, do you come to a country in AFRICA to feel as if you were in Europe or any other Western country? If you just care about luxury, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends