“the perfect place to chill”

Sofitel Agadir Royal Bay Resort
Ranked #9 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 12 June 2013

this hotel is really beautiful, perfectly located, in front of the beach and the service is quite good. The swimming pool recently renovated and areas around with beds, sofas are great and you feel so comfortable that you don't want to move any eslewhere, except to the others beds and sofas at the private beach, just 2 min by walk :) Breakfast buffet is gorgeous and you will enjoy to take it outside in the nice patio. Restaurants are very good too for quick lunches or dinner and comfort is always the key word. I highly recommend this hotel which is for me a real 5 stars one in Morocco. Good price - around 180 Euros- could be found on ebooking or others if you anticipate properly.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Aurelie C

Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week - weather not great but the hotel made up for it in quality of food and great service - we had a suit on the ground floor which opened on to the pool area, the pool area was very well done with plenty of space around the pool beds and excellent pool food. The location of the hotel was good as we were there for a restful break, but if you wanted a late night there was a great night club within the hotel - would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is a lovely hotel with a roof which opens when the weather is nice.The staff is friendly and professional, A receptionist called me by my name whenever she passed me. My chambermaid was wonderful (Atika??). She even offered to iron my clothes for me! I found the food to be overpriced , $12 for a cheese sandwich( available nearby for 1/5 the price) and the service slow(by American standards) once I gave up and left the restaurant.The breakfast buffet was excellent but the dinner buffet which cost about $40 was too expensive for the amount I can eat..probably okay for meat eaters with huge appetites.
Youssef, the concierge was WONDERFUL, far beyond the call of duty. He did numerous favors for me, including finding me a driver to take me from Casablanca to Tangiers. He gave me books to look at about the people and the crafts of Morocco. He was extremely thoughtful and helpful....a real jewel..worth the trip to Morocco.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruth D
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We have just returned from our first (but certainly not our last) trip to Morocco where the Sofitel Royal Bay proved to be the very best we could have wished for. There were 6 of us in total and we had 3 superior quality double rooms which all overlooked the pool. The hotel is spotlessly clean and has many staff whose only desire is for you to be fully catered for and pampered. By day 3 the pool attendants knew exactly where we wanted to sit, what time I had my morning coffee, when we might have a lazy wander down to the beach and wouldn't even let me get out of the pool without rushing up with a towel to keep me warm whilst I ambled back to the sunbed!

We were staying on a bed and breakfast basis and the buffet-style breakfast was superb. Every cuisine was accommodated and again many staff on hand to bring teas, coffees etc. We ate 1 lunch and 1 dinner in the hotel. The first in the sunken table area between the pool and beach. It was a lovely experience but for a snack lunch was a little pricey - the dinner too, although very delicious buffet. However this is a 5* hotel so I suppose we weren't surprised.

The decor in the hotel is light, airy and modern but with a Moroccan feel. No-one could fail to be impressed with the large lounge area, where Wifi is easily connected, with its open roof and again lots of staff on hand to serve.

The private beach - a short walk through the pool area and gardens was wonderful and provided some refreshing breeze in the heat of the day. Towels are all provided for you and the seats and sunbeds were so comfortable.

The only thing I think English visitors to this hotel may miss is the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms. So take your travel kettle folks.

We played tennis one morning and rackets were provided, there's a full itinerary of excursions available from the concierge although we booked ours independently for a cheaper rate. I can recommend the buggy trip into the mountains where Moroccan life can really be seen. Watch out for the camel touters up the mountain near the kasbah - we were on one (a camel that is) before we had got out of the taxi and haggling for the price for a 5 minute ride around the car park. However, glad we rode one then as we were considering the half day trip and not sure whether that would have been a good idea!

Overall this was a holiday experience not to be missed. Thank you to all at the Sofitel Royal Bay. We will certainly be seeing you all again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EssexJill
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We’ve just returned from our stay at the Sofitel Royal Bay Resort (18th - 25th May 2013)
1 week of absolute paradise. The first holiday my partner and I have taken together and one that we will certainly go on to remember for the rest of our lives. From the atmosphere to the staff to the food everything is spot on. I would recommend staying in this hotel. Yes location is slightly away, but if you are travelling with a good UK agent (Lastmin, first choice etc) the excursions will keep your days busy. We did the bugging/quad bikes one day, the day trip into the Atlas mountains and the day trip to Marrakesh with an English speaking tour guide. We spent our days off relaxing around the pool (the lounge beds are to die for), swimming in the heated pool and basking in the 30degree plus sunshine. The best advise i can give you – find the shop, a short walk down the front side of the hotels look out for the flags and cross-over. Stock up on snacks and drinks here. The hotel prices will of course be slightly outside of what most like to pay. Keep your extra pennies to treat yourself to a sheisha pipe in the evening; try the icecream the hotel has to offer and most importantly tip the staff and locals whenever possible. The staff are outstanding; On arrival Fatima gave us the best tour explaining our half board terms, where we could eat and what we could do. Fayssal appeared to work round the clock, we’d see him at breakfast and then again at dinner always wearing that warming smile and friendly approach. And our dear friend Aimee, one of the pool boys. Outstanding service and advise. He truly made our stay a fantastic experience. Thank you Team at Sofitel. With our best Sunita and Raj.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony sea and pool view. - this is amazing !!! Loved every aspect. Large roo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SunRaj_23
Reviewed 29 May 2013

One of the best hotels we've stayed in. The staff were very friendly and nothing too much trouble. The food is excellent especially the desserts. The beds to lay on around the pool were very comfortable.We didn't want to get off them. Mostly french staying here and staff used french until they knew we spoke English. Drinks are very expensive as in most 5* hotels, otherwise we couldn't fault anything. Not near any shops but didn't effect us as we spent all day sunbathing, swimming and evenings in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just spent a fortnight at this outstanding hotel. .The service is first class and the comfort in all the splendid public areas and poolside helped us have a memorable holiday. La Caravan provides a splendid "Chefs" quality buffet every evening. The Best !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family