“Not happy”
Review of Agador Tamlelt

Agador Tamlelt
Ranked #51 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 18 August 2013

On first arrival we were quite impressed with the size of the hotel. It seems to be more of a resort. A family resort - there was mostly families there with young children but we found a few people in their 20s like us. The hotel has 3 pools one side for young children and the rest for older children and adults. The hotel does provide entertainment for all ages which was good. When first shown to our room (3 of us) we were disappointed that it was so small. Also our room was not even ready, our telephone wire had been cut so it did not work, and the air con was a joke. The bathroom was quite nice and the shower was great - hot water all day and the power was very good. Unfortunately our cleaning lady did not speak English (very french country - all locals speak french fluently) and she didn't seem to understand that there were 3 of us and refused to give us 3 towels. She also did not change our bedsheets the whole stay and we had to argue with her to even get fresh towels. The hotel staff seem friendly but once you have to ask for anything they become rude and unhelpful. One of our group had to return early for an emergency and they provided no help whats so ever. The resort had 2 hotels attached to it. Tamalet and the Hotel Agadir - the Agadir hotel staff were much more helpful with this matter - their reception looks much better and it has air conditioning. The hotel has about 7 restaurants in total 2 are buffet styled with requires no booking but serves the SAME THING every lunch and dinner (i am completely sick of pasta now) and the other 5 themed restaurants are reservation only -it books up very quickly so I suggest you book it on the first day. These are free provided you are all inclusive. The hotel is right next to the beach - which has its own section where you can use the sunbeds and umbrellas etc. The Agadir Hotel side has a nightclub next to it which isn't bad but they don't get packed until 1-2am. The wi-fi isn't great there- none in the rooms just a few spots near the pool and reception which is quite slow too. After a while we got used to the hotel and learned where to go if we needed any help/assistance with anything. I personally would not stay at the Tamalet again only to see Chocolate (the camel that you may spot at the hotel during your stay!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonTravellerZi

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Great pools, great entertainment, all inclusive, good value.

Food and drink available all day
Great family holiday

Camel rides available. Children's entertainment all day

7 pools, park and playground available

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank SShorrock
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Our family arrived late met by a staff with very little english. No welcome greetings not even water to drink & asked to pay local tax amounting to 570 Dirhams for a family of 5, staying for 7 Nights. The reception corner seems just like a made-up area & no warmth or character to it. We're then directed to go in & had to find our rooms by ourselves with difficulty as we do not know the layout. The service lift is narrow,tiny & making scary noise as if its gonna stop anytime (praying not whilst halfway).
Upon arrival to our rooms, no towel, cup or water to drink. Not good when you're sweating with the heat & want to freshen up after carrying all your luggage yourselves (bottled drinking water is issued at the reception evenings 7-12 only strictly). After several calls, towels finally arrived by 11pm. Beds are 2 singles joined together in both rooms. We were 5 so additional bed was squeezed to one of our rooms. We've never missed our bed as much after the trip (mattresses were crap).
Plug sockets on both sides of our bed is coming out from the wall. One lamp is wired directly on to the mains with live wire sticking out. TV is rubbish & complained 5 times before getting any picture, remote control is broken & held together by a cellotape.
Big cockroach is a normal resident & found a centipede too! Sliding doors to the balcony don't lock & safety box provided in the room, however u have to pay for its KEY!
No fridge, no kettle, electric fan or hairdryer but can rent from hotel. Beach towels available with 100Dirhams deposit each.
Food was ok for couple of days but when its the same everyday it becomes boring. Coffee cups & drinking glasses kept running out & some staff saves table & favour serving some guests who gives more tips.
No adequate or clear information available in english as to where, when & what you can do around the area.
Afternoon snacks in Pizzeria takes 1hour to make your sandwich with a handful of chips (more than 10pcs. roughly)
Theme Restaurants are available in the evening to break the monotonous meal. However, only the Medina (Moroccan) & Chinese experience we recommend. Japanese dinner was sn awful, revolting meal with sushi made of tasteless plain rice with tiniest cucumber (that's it!) & soup that's not japanese & noodles that is definitely not japanese at all.
Beach is great but if u want to see sunset & sunrise no access from hotel as the back door only opens 9-5. Constantly harassed by locals outside to buy their over-priced handicrafts so be careful & never go with them when they asked you to COME!
Had a good tour guide which we paid extra from the hotel but if you step out of hotel, there's cheaper deals with bonafide tour operators (not the ones hanging around the hotel).
Would not recommend this hotel & will not go back to this one, unless we learn arabic or french to communicate with the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BananaPete
Reviewed 21 July 2013

On arrival it took ages for us to check in with reception staff appearing very relaxed about it. I was also asked to pay the tax on the rooms which I found strange as I did not lived in the rooms so refused to do that. I was then told I need to talk to the manager in the morning as they could not understand why I did not want to pay it upfront and kept showing me some cards in French! My argument was that I will be paying the taxes when I leave not when I arrive.
The rooms are all the same- very basic and TV is definitely rubbish as you cannot possibly watch anything entertaining on it. I found the hotel food the same everyday, however if you like your drinks you will be pleased to hear that this hotel serves all alcoholic beverages as all inclusive. The only issue with this was a waiting time by the bar as the hotel only employes 4 barman's during the evening shift and therefore it is impossible to be serving around 900 people there all at once. What I actually enjoyed was the entertainment with animation team and kids club- and a mini disco. Another sensation in the hotel was the camel Chocolate that appeared to be there daily and my little one was on it constantly. No fridge and expensive shopping in the hotel are minuses of this resort. The beach is absolutely beautiful and the souk is worth spending money on. Would go to Agadir again definitely!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Susanna C
Reviewed 18 June 2013

On arrival it took very long to check in and the staff did not show us around the massive resort. We had to find our own way around. The room is definitely not 3 stars! It's is probably a 1 star! There is no proper door in the toilet! You cn hear and see everything! There is no fridge which usual 3 star hotels would have. Very disappointed with the overall room as it was messy on arrival. We had to keep asking the staff for towels and pillows and Tissue.
There were dead coackroaches.
The way that the room is cleaned is just discusting. Cleaner washed the towel In the toilet whilst keeping the flush turned on and then hooked the towel back on to the mop and mopped the floor. This was just gross!
The staff are VERY rude. Especially the bar and Sheesha staff. The sheesha did not taste nice and so I refused to pay full price as I did not have it. However the bar manager went absolutely crazy- shouting and yelling at my face. Never expected this treatment from hotel staff!!!! Entertainment was good.
Food was okay. Many restaurants that can be reserved under the all inclusive.
Overall, would not recommend this hotel due to the hotel room and the horrible staff!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Maryam999
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed as a couple here end of April, beginning of May. The property is lovely, well maintained, and it looks and feels like a little village. It has it's own shops and some market stalls. Overall it is quiet and peaceful.
The rooms are OK, but could be improved. Bathrooms need a bit of upgrading, but overall everything is clean. Our room had a lovely view of the Kasbah that in the evenings is nicely lit up.
There is a private beach area, only a short walk from the hotel. End of April it can get really windy and the sea is rough. The swimming pools are clean and you can choose a quiet one away from the main one, if you prefer to just relax and enjoy the sun. The main pool always has some activities going on. They are pool bars too , so you will never be out of drinks. There is entertainment every evening.
The breakfast was a bit poor for me personally, however they do fresh omllettes and fried eggs. It could be improved with a bigger variety of fresh fruits, muesli, more choice of pastries and bread types. Lunch was average, however you could always find something on your taste. Evening meals we mostly had them in the themed restaurants. I am not eating much in the evenings for me the portions were the right size, but my husband complained that he was still hungry after finishing dinner. So if you want more food , then you are better off going to the buffet in the evenings. They also do sandwiches between 10-12 in the evening near the main pool. There is a place that sells icecream and crepes , but you will have to pay for these.
We bought day trips from our rep, but I believe they are cheaper if you buy them somewhere else. For a day trip to Marrakesh we paid 79 pounds sterling and a half day trip in the mountains for 29 pounds. The promenade along the beach is lovely and I recommend you walk all the way to the end where you'll find a lovely modern marina, just under the old kasbah.
We have bought our transfers along with our flights and we had no problem with it. Be aware anyone wanting to help you with anything will ask for a tip.
One thing I personally find annoying is the constant harassment from people trying to sell you things. I was trying to ignore and best thing is to just say from the beginning that you are not interested. If you show any interest they will follow you until they manage to sell you something.
Make sure you have local currency as you will have to tip now and then for a great service.
Agadir is a lovely city and the resort is an overall good place to holiday for families and couples alike.

Room Tip: Our room H15 had lovely view of the kasbah and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea30_36
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have just returned from this lovely hotel which is combined with the Caribbean Village Hotel, everything is shared on the complex which is great. The pools are lovely, a bit chilly but once you are in then they are OK. You have a pool to suit everyone's needs. The food in the main Oasis is as you would expect....Chicken fish salad chips pasta's etc etc, but what makes the difference is the other restaurants that you can visit whilst on your stay. We went and booked every restaurant the day after we arrived and wasn't too sure if it was what we wanted, but if you didn't like what you was eating in that particular place you could always go into the Oasis, we had planned that but fortunately didn't have to. Madam Butterfly was a favorite of mine. The waiters are very helpful regardless of tipping and just about speak English, but hey I don't speak Moroccan! As for 'them and us' in regards of French German etc, what does that matter?? We got on with what we wanted to and they did the same, lets face it, I think this was originally a French place anyway which would make us the intruders!!!! No problemo. We booked a camel ride (caravan) from a chap outside which just cost us about a tenner each. They picked us up in a mini bus, and went just a few miles up the road where we met our camels. We had a 2 hour afternoon with them and it was a good experience. We went to the market and got so many bargains, but you have to do bartering all the time (don't like it but if needs must) all you have to do is think of what you would like to pay then don't budge from that price. We took a taxi from outside, a little red one was about 2 quid and a white one was about a fiver each way.
The beach was a little walk but OK, it was a sandy beach with umbrella's, and a 'kiosk' where you can get soft drinks from your all inclusive bands, nice touch.
Night time entertainment was kids stuff up until 10 pm then go into the Amphitheatre for a show of some sort ie... Karaoke, dancing or folk night (that was great) or there are enough places about if you just want to chilax, speaking of 'chill', take a nice jacket for the evenings as it was very chilly.
The rooms as you have probably read, are spacious and basic but met your needs.Although our balcony was total C**p, but hey, I am not going away to sit in a room!!! we had a late flight so had a room extension which was about 30 quid in which we also could carry on with the all inclusive, that was a touch as we had three rooms and all went into one!
There were many people who go to this Hotel every year, and I can see why. I think you will have a nice time here, I cant really see why you wouldn't, unless it poured with rain everyday but then hey-ho it would be like home! Hope this has helped in some way, as I always read TripAdvisor before I go away for a little bit of insight. I have put some pics on as well. But if you need to ask questions at all, I will be pleased to help

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family