“Best holiday i've been too” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Occidental Allegro Manader

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agadir
Occidental Allegro Manader
Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
liverpool. England
“Best holiday i've been too”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2006

The hotel is split between two classes,'all inclusive' and 'half board'. we stayed in the Half Board part of the complex. Although you can wonder where ever you wish. With 4 different restaurants and 1 buffet style restaurant the food was amaxing in all. You have to remember you're in Morocco and food isn't cooked in the same way as in England! The staff go out of their way to make your holiday special. We had a problem with our room when we first arrived, we where moved, no questions asked. The entertainment staff work literally around the clock. In the morning/afternoon they are doing water games in one of the pools. In the evening putting on shows in the amper theatre and stage area. We've never seen staff working so hard before. The hotel itself was clean and save and i can't wait to go back. Next time we're taking our 2 children aged 13 and 9 with us.

Stayed April 2005
4 Thank kjmag

Solo
Business
Milton Keynes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2006

Firstly arrived late due to flight delay and no food was provided for that night. At first the food seemed okay and although it was eatable it was virtually the same everyday and by the third day it was difficult to choose what to eat. The entertainment was fine for children but was vitually non existant for adults. We were told not to drink the water in the hotel and first we were able to obtain water from the bar suddenly this changed and we were told we had to get water from the reception when we tried to do this we were told that it was to late we did stand our ground and was eventually provided with some water. This was our first experience with all inclusive and we thought that after midnight if we wanted further drinks we would have to pay but no the lights were turned off and the waiters hovered for our glasses.

At one of the swimming pools the pool bar closed far to early and at the biggest pool there was not enough staff so getting a drink was like a free for all.

On the plus side the rooms were adequate and clean and the staff friendly.

Would I go there again sadly no.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank KWhiteMiltonKeynes

Travellers are raving about these Agadir hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2006

I have just returned with my wife and thirteen year old daughter from a week at the Occidental Allegro in Agadir with mixed feelings. This is our first experience of an all in one holiday.

The good points are that the grounds, in particular the gardens and pubic rooms were excellent as were the facilities. The room was adequate, however in fairness the hotel is in the process of refurbishing the rooms. Our balcony was enormous. The food was varied, well presented and healthy with large selection of salads and vegetable;e dishes. However it started to feel rather the same after just a week.

The not so good points were the plastic glasses serving drinks in the outside bars. Yes I fully accept that you must have plastic glasses in the pool area however these felt and looked tumblers that you use to put tooth brushes in!

The poor points were despite the fact we paid full price for our daughter had to share our room no towels were provided for her. When in the middle of the week we asked for all the towels to be changed only two sets were provided. I was told not to drink the water from the tap but obtain bottled water from the hotel. Initially this was not a problem but mid way through the week the distribution procedure changed. I was sent from one place to another only to be told I could not have any water because I had come at the wrong time. I took an assertive stand and obtained some water. The next day we were on an all day trip which meant we were away from the hotel during water distribution hours. This time I had to be even more assertive and the key was found and I obtained the water I required.

At times it felt as though the hotel was running for the benefit of the staff rather than the guests. Another example was at one of pools which closed at 1800hrs. the attendant took the lounger mats away at 1715hrs and said 'tomorrow'.

My daughter 13 was deeply disappointed at the total lack of activities directed at her age. She wanted to play football and turned up on our first day at the appointed time. As you can imagine rather shy and nervous because she was the only girl and probably the youngest. With some persuasion she stayed only some minutes later to be told, so she tells me that a member of staff had said it was for over 18's only. Despite me wanting to she asked me not to take the matter up with the hotel.

The final question is would I go on an all inclusive again? The answer is I'm not sure.

• Stayed May 2006
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
newcastle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2005

Just returned from a 2 week holiday at the caribean village agador hotel in Adadir, this was an all inclusive deal. No lifts to most appartments, no air con which was needed. Food appeared to be great on arrival but hubby became ill with dihorrea and sickness which on return home was diagnosed as campylabacter, food poison. Very disapointing.

12 Thank taramarie