“Excellent budget hotel”
Review of Hotel des Palmiers

Hotel des Palmiers
Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Situated in central Agadir, it's a 10 minute stroll to the beach. The hotel is not luxurious by any means but I've stayed in worse UK 'budget' hotels. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the breakfast is good and the restaurant produces surprisingly good cooking. The fish tagine is definitely worth trying. It's a bit noisy being a town centre hotel but it's well worth considering if you're on a budget. I will definitely be booking again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from main road.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank david a

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Booked this hotel through Easyjet and although they say the hotel has aircon, telephones in the rooms, tea and coffee in the rooms, along with a safe. it is total lies and easyjet take no responsibility whatsoever about it. Moment you arrive you can smell the drain outside although it is Morocco so maybe should accept some strange smells in a country like this but once the drains smell leaves the hotel smell comes up...musky damp smell, not nice at all. My room was 103 and noise was terrible. The room really needs a good clean and redecorating and a power point may help too, just the one and I had to go hunting to find that then it was not the safest. The bathroom was disgusting, the bath had chips all around the edge and to save replacing it as it should have been, it has been painted and not even the same colour as the bath and then only the half that has the chips! the shower head had nowhere to hang and so it was just a handheld shower hose. When I first arrived the bathmats were not straight in the bathroom and seven days later they were still in the same position, so obviously the cleaner didn't even attempt to clean the bathroom floor. Regarding the safe....they say they have a safe at reception...it's the bottom drawer that they leave open and put you valuables in there, not what I would call safe.I ate at the restaurant once and must admit the food wasn't bad but couldn't sit outside because of the drain smell. Finally the area, it's by the main square and if you are a single guy, expect to be propositioned by girls or guys for sex everytime you go out the door. After all that, the hotel is cheap...just that easyjet should be honest on their website. Best point about Agadir has got to be the beach though, it is stunning. I would go back to Agadir but only for the sun and beach. The town itself is disgusting all money has been spent of the seafront and tourist areas with the locals being ignored.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, no aircon so was ok in October but in Summer would be unbearable
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank trev b
Reviewed 19 August 2013

the rooms are very hot and noisy, there is no AC, toilettes are not clean. they asked my to change the room after the first night. I paid for a double bed room but they took a bed and they put it in another room.
The breakfast was very very bad, even if i'm an easygoing person (always in hostels). the orange jus with lot of water, the butter (margarine) was already used by someone...

Room Tip: Rooms in the last floor are extremly hot in the summer
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SmileAWhile90
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I really like this hotel. It was the fourth time I was there and the staff has been so friendly and helpfull every time. It is not a luxery hotel but it is so good for the price. Very central and close to everything.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Danetravel
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is an OK place to stay and is in a good position in the centre of Agadir. I stayed in room 203 which was fine and clean. The bathrooom needs up dateing. The food was good and the saff Friendly. Short walk to the Very good beach. Many shop and banks near the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank oldbackpacker1954
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I was this hotel 2x.
The hotel has nearby the sea, near so much shop, and a nice Mosque. You wach when you are there.
The owner very good person (speaks german, english) who can to talk everyquest and help them.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable only need a new design:) Maybe Morocco design and not europe. If I go to morocco I want morocco design.
I tell the owner now 2012 no 1980.
Restaurant have delicous food, I offer everybody Harira soup is perfect I eat every day.

So I offer everybody who want to spend her holday a familiar hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed 30 May 2012

we had a bad experience at that hotel and we strongly not advice to anybody to spend nights and money there!
We needed a taxi to go back to the airport for the next day. my girlfriend asked to the receptionist for it, and he wanted to charge us 200 dirhams instead of 150, which is the normal price for a day lift.
I know its just 50 dirhams (5 euros) difference but why do we have to pay that "extra" for only a phone call? to put it in his pocket. that s it.
The worst is when we tell them he tried to cheat us, the receptionist and the hotel's owner answered us "at 7h45, it's night price, so 200 dirhams". as they knew it s wrong.
we had a airport taxi for 150, as normal at the day after.
they don't have so much respect for their clients I think. that's probably why we were the only customers that night...
breakfast was good and quickly served.
we had clean towels.
Bathroom wasn't so clean, mostly bath and carpets (grey instead of white...).
A window glass was broken in room n 207, as well as we heard the road more than if we were on the sidewalk.
bad experience so!