“Dissappointed”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Missed the port on the last visit so made an effort to have a look. The smell stopped us in our tracks so never really got to look properly, but will not bother in future

• Arabic first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best food in Agadir”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is one of my highlights of being in Morocco, very reasonably priced fresh fish cooked beautifully and served by a lovely woman, I had a huge plate of prawns and calamari served with a basket of bread and a little salad and some sauce, it was excellent.
I really appreciate this meal because of the prohibitive cost of fish in Ireland.
Don't be herded by one of the guys to the restaurant he wants you to go to, by far too much of this in Morocco, go where you want to go yourself, there is plenty of them there.

Calne, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tacky”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Not what we remember from previous visits. All they wanted to do was to sell you a meal and when we refused they wanted paymet for the conducted tour

Visited February 2014
Nottingham
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The best fish restaurants around”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The area of restaurants at the entrance to the port (NOT the marina) has the best fish dishes in Agadir. The fish is ultra fresh, cooked that day, the prices are half the price of the promenade, the people are friendly and it is the best way to have lunch in Agadir.

1 Thank Exiled_Cumbrian
Galway, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Rip Off - beware Ali "Baba"”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We four oldies visited the Marina and were intercepted by Ali who introduced himself as the owner of No.19 fish restaurant. We knew he was bringing us towards his premises as he showed us around the area. Not being hungry we told him we would just have a taster. Well he brought a small platter of cooked fish which was ok - I expected to pay, according to the prices displayed, perhaps 200 Dirhams. The bill came to 888 Dirhams. When I looked around me I realised we were the only visitors there and support from others was unlikely. I paid up. I paid 900 Dirhams [Ali complained at the low tip!] and also mentioned that they were not getting many tourists there. I wonder why. We were had it appears we had bought the whole days catch We wrote it down to experience and it guided us for the rest of our month long stay in Agadir. Incidently we were staying in Talborjt where we had our meals [excellent] thereafter and, no attempt at rip -off . So be warned Ali Baba and his 40 friends are alive and well and there will always be suckers like us oldies.

Visited February 2014