Hotel Club Al Moggar
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Oasis(Agadir)
  • Pool
Tildi Hotel & SPA(Agadir)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Sahara Hotel(Agadir)
  • Breakfast included
1,057 results
All reviewspancakessea frontmain poolbureau de changesaladshisha barcash machinehotel lobbygood pointstennis courtscamel ridebreakfast and dinnerbuffet stylespeak frenchcleaned every dayparadise valleytable tennis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I went to agadir with my 2 friends on 5th may.we booked club almoggar hotel for 3 nights.this hotel speciality is that ,hotel is right on beautiful beach and also has so many facilities like nice reception and sitting area,great family and group restaurant.eye catching garden and lovely swimming pools.young and childrens can enjoy their holiday 100%.all sports and leisure facilities are provided by hotel,all staff is really nice and helpful.this hotel surrounding is comprises on all continentals and asian restaurants,public transport is on its door step.top of this all,agadir marina is just 150 yards away.overall this hotel is highly suitable for english and europeans holiday makers.finaly i love this hotel.

Room Tip: I love to suggest you guys to book a sea front room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank qaiser b
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Very good location, right on the boulevard. Beatifull and large swimming pool. There must be also a smaller second pool but we didn´t use that one. Private part of the beach.
There was also annimation but we didn´t use it.
The breakfast was great, nice food with a beautifull vieuw from the terrace on the beach.
We also took dinner at the hotel sometimes, that was just ok. I rather go eating at one of the restautants at the boulevard.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed 5 May 2013

The hotel is more a 1* or 2*, definitely not a 3*. In general, the hotel is run down and has a general feel of decay. The staff are the unfriendliest I’ve ever come across and the rooms are grim. Most of them have no view and just a tiny seating area overlooking weed covered, crumbling walkways.

I went on this holiday on a ‘last minute deal’ as a stress reliever following a difficult time at work, but last minute or full price, I didn’t get value for money. I’ve stayed at many hotels that weren’t quite what they said, but always had a good time and found other aspects of the holiday that made up for it, but here nothing made up for the hotel. I tried to ignore the many negatives and just relax and enjoy my holiday, especially as my main priorities were sunbathing and reading, but I just couldn’t enjoy this holiday, but day 2 I was ready to leave.

I don't usually write long reviews, but there's a lot to cover for this hotel:

Location
• The hotel is NOT on the beach, the beach is across the road behind a 12 foot wall, with one small archway leading to the boardwalk. The Al Moggar has a roped off area on the beach which is fairly small and fills up quickly.
• The boardwalk area is very nice with lots of restaurants and a few shops. The marina further down the road also has some nice restaurants and shops. This area is very safe, I didn’t get hassled here at all and felt perfectly safe walking around on my own.
Room
• The first room I was given had 2 cockroaches in the bathroom, 1 dead, 1 alive. The bathroom light switch was broken so there was no possibility of light in the bathroom. I went back to reception and asked for another room, which I was given.
• The room I was reassigned was one of the grimmest rooms I’ve ever seen, dark green dated bedspreads, orange walls and black woodwork. It had one small window (no glass door or patio doors as shown in the pictures). The window was tinted so even in the middle of the day it was dark and cold.
• The shower had mould and a large grill above the shower I could see machinery behind, I wouldn’t be surprised if cameras are in some of these grills to film guests showering.
• The bedsheets were cheap and bobbly, the mattress hard which aggravated my back.
• The towels were small and rock hard
• The TV remote didn’t work and I couldn’t find any English channels
• I always tip the maids as they are often badly paid, however the room was not well cleaned - the bathroom in particular wasn't cleaned very well, there were toothpaste marks everywhere. I still tipped though, I feel sorry for the staff working there

Dining
• The dining area is bleak and run down with a fairly soul-less outdoor patio area. Next to the patio area is the gym, which on some mornings pumps out hardcore house music loudly for early morning exercise classes, so don’t count on a relaxing breakfast.
• The food selection for breakfast, lunch and dinner is very limited, about ¼ of what I’ve seen in other 3* hotels.
• The sfaff in the dining room were very friendly.
Pool
• There are 2 pools, the larger one gets fairly busy but has very uncomfortable sun loungers with bars that dig into your back
• The smaller pool was much nicer with more comfortable sun loungers. The staff here were lovely, the best in the hotel. However they played music for themselves rather than the guests, playing the same songs over and over again, pushing the volume up and down from barely audible to ear splitting every few seconds. Most of the time there was no music or barely audible music. They also liked chasing each other around with a whistle, so don’t expect to relax here.
• The pool/beach towels require a £10 deposit, this I don’t mind, but the towels were small and thin, I’d recommend taking your own.
Staff
• The reception staff didn’t seem interested in guests at all, one of them smiled at me once, the rest of the time they either ignored me or pointed towards someone else without saying a word. Even when I politely asked for (rather than demanded) a new room because of the cockroaches, there was not a flicker of apology, and I was then assigned a room that was no better, except for the absence of roaches.
• On my last day I asked for confirmation of my return transfer (details of which should have been left at reception) but they said nothing had been left, without checking. They lady I was talking to pointed to someone else and walked off. I went and spoke to the next lady, at the end of the counter (for the hotels reference, she was the only member of staff on Saturday 4th May morning wearing a headscarf). She again said they had no information. I pointed out no-one had actually checked and could she please call the transfer company. She demanded money to make the call which I refused. She tried to call, the line was busy so she turned away from me. I pressed on, eventually telling her she could try and be a little more helpful and she reluctantly made another call. I eventually managed to confirm my transfer. The lady was still sat there staring at me stony faced, I had been nothing but polite to all the staff at this point. At this point I said she could perhaps try and be a little friendlier to guests, it doesn’t cost anything. She gave me a sarcastic smile and turned away. I myself used to work in the tourist industry, and always made sure I had a smile on my face and a helpful demeanour – my guests had spent hard earned money on their holiday and deserved to have everyone along their way make it a special time for them. Given this, I was appalled at the way I was treated by this woman.
• The entertainment is in French, and several of the staff didn’t, or didn’t want to, speak English. This didn’t bother me, but for those who enjoy hotel entertainment and/or have kids, this might be an issue

General
• Changing currency in Morocco (airport, hotel and/or currency exchange booth) is advisable – in the UK I got 10 dirham per £, in Morocco I got 13 dirham per pound.
• It’s worth bartering – lots of stores sell leather coats and bags, which are good quality. One store quoted me 1000 dirham for a leather jacket, the next day someone else in the same store quoted me 1400 dirham, yet I negotiated down to 650 dirham.

I chose this holiday over the Coralia Club in Dahab which I have been to several times before. The Coralia was stated as 3* yet was more like a 2*, HOWEVER, it had fantastic staff, great food, was right on the beach and had good facilities so I always felt it was good value. I wish I had gone there, it is streets above the Al Moggar.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ALifeMapped
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This hotel shouldn't be on your list. Its truly awful. Cheap, but better stay home than stay there. Beware as it has several names.
Cockroach under the bed, seems like a couple of thousand rooms, staff apathetic, full of ghastly people!
A mix of Blackpool and Benidorm, but if you like that, its wonderful value!
We will NEVER go back as there are lots of excellent places to stay in Agadir which is a fun place for a holiday.

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying here. There is no such thing as a good room and anyway Reception will just intone that the "hotel is full"!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank geowk
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Good location, big pool is OK for swimming (they play pop-music around pool).
Near the hotel is a good restaurant - Le Flore (beach promenade). Before selecting this hotel, I read some reviews about this hotel which recommended not to have a dinner ina hotel's restaurant buffet, beacause theres not much to eat. I really can't agree with those people, there were a lot of choices (we had one dinner in a hotel).
There is short show every evening in a hotel (starting 21:45), lasting for 30-40 minutes.
Some rooms have even a free wifi in a room or balcony (near smaller pool), if not, you can use internet in hotel lobby (although the connection is quite slow).

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on 2nd floor to get a better view or when there is a strange smell in a room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends