“decent hotel, shame about ,the clientelle”

Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just spent a week at this hotel and found the food,staff,and facilities of a good standard, 2 big pools were lovely but to cold to enjoy unfortunately, the grounds are kept lovely , hotel room was nice but a little tired,it was a decent size , the maids came in everyday ,they did a good job,we had a ground floor room with a decent sized open balcony .the only thing that would put me off returning is it caters mainly for the French and some Russians and Polish hardly any British felt a little out of place at times ,if you want a quiet week then its OK as the other nationalies don't seem to want to mix you would be lucky if you got a smile or a nod so gave up trying after a couple of days.the weather was a bit unpredictable some days the sun didn't break through till dinner time but when it did come out was hot ,there was a little bit of wind which was lovely ,on the evening it was a cilliy . the food in the resturaunt was good could always find something I liked and for the fussy eaters pizza was freshly made while you waited and chips were always on the menu as was fresh bread and buns and those with a sweet tooth cakes and desserts and fresh fruit were plentiful . all in all a decent hotel .

4  Thank frenchy1962_11
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Founty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay at our IBEROSTAR Founty Beach Hotel; we always welcome feedback, as it allows us to continually improve the experience we create for our guests.

We are glad to hear your satisfaction with the quality and variety of our buffets and the comfort and cleanliness of our accommodations and public areas; we will not fail to congratulate our Chefs and housekeeping staff for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst staying among us.

Once more, thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting Agadir; we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and remain at your entire disposal through our call center to help you choose your next IBEROSTAR destination among more than 100 hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

There are newer reviews for IBEROSTAR Founty Beach

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was lovely! the food was plentiful and fresh with chefs cooking freshly in front of you. The pool and rooms were well cleaned and most of the staff were very friendly bar one of the pool bar guys who was moody!
The beach was straight outside the hotel and the hotel is monitored constantly by guards so security is not an issue. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
The only issue we had was our transfers to the airport which did not turn up! our rep was Abdul who massively over charges but on the plus side if you book a city tour the driver will give you better deals than Abdul he saved us 280dhms on one trip alone!

Room Tip: Get a pool or a sea view!
3  Thank stephanie g
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend stayed at the Iberostar for one week in June. We found the complex to be spacious, rooms more than acceptable and comfortable with a lovely sea view, the food was nice and plentiful and the staff were always happy to help.
The rooms were cleaned daily, a safe was available with a returnable deposit and the poolside and pool itself was clean and relaxing and always manned by pool staff. The beach is literally on the hotel front with a private section for the hotel.
We used the spa for a massage and it was ok but would probably try else where next time for a cheaper price.
Entertainment on a night probably isn't to everyone's taste, however, bars and restaurants are a 30minute or cheap taxi ride away.
Although we were all inclusive we still ate out on a couple of occasions in Agadir and would highly recommend eating/having a drink by the marina or at a restaurant called Le Nil Bleu, as food and drink in Agadir is very cheap.
I would 100% return to both Morocco and this hotel as experienced no problems at all during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank S102938
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Founty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel for your holidays in Morocco and for the time and effort spent to write your kind comments on your stay; It is always rewarding to read that our guests have enjoyed their holidays among us.

We are also grateful for your positive mention on your room, as we want to offer spotless and comfortable accommodations to our guests and ensure an excellent and relaxing rest during their stay at our hotel.

Moreover we are very pleased to read your satisfaction with the quality of our buffets and are happy to hear that you felt well cared after by our highly qualified staff; we will make sure to share your kind words as we know it will mean a great deal to them.

Thank you again for your visit and the courtesy of your time; we look forward to serving you again in our IBEROSTAR hotels in the most beautiful destinations worldwide.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I write this to share my disgust, my shame, and my frustrations over what happened upon my arrival at the IBEROSTAR FOUNTY BEACH HOTEL in Agadir.

Arriving at the Iberostar Hotel, my friend and I were impressed with the lovely facade and sheer expanse of the space. I have dual citizenship Morocco as well as a Canada – and I had booked our room for 2 nights from Montreal a few weeks before arrival. At the check-in desk, I presented our passports (I handed my Moroccan passport), the reservation record, and the relevant papers needed to get our room. In a short while, I was greeted by a sullen receptionist, who rudely told me that we need to book a 2nd room, because ‘by law’ they were forbidden to allow me and my friend from staying in the same room.

At first, knowing that this is Morocco, I was aware that 2 people male & female and unmarried (either morrocan or supposedly muslim) can’t share a room. But I was not aware that this policy is also applied to 2 males.
I handed my Canadian passport to show him that I have both citizenships. So the receptionist went in the back to speak to a ‘supervisor’ and he came back repeating the same thing : you need to book a 2nd room. At this point I said…ok give us a room. He replied that we need to book it online on the same website (hotels.com) and of course that will cost us an extra 180$CA a night.
This is called a rip off, a misleading information. The hotel website, and hotels.com website didn’t mention anything about this. And, as such, it is the hotel’s responsibility to provide a courtesy room, free of charge, if they have issues with us staying together.
And the issue is the way the receptionist was talking to us : rude, no skills, no training, no experience with client… I have travelled the world (and Morocco) and this is my worst check-in experience ever.

We were in Marrakech the night before and we didn’t have any issue while checking-in. I guess this is Iberostar policy and blaming it on the police law. In Morocco, there is one law for the whole country.

Imagine the shock and insult to realize that the problem at hand had nothing to do with sexuality or 2 males in one room but the fact that in some way, I, in my home country, a Moroccan, was a second class citizen. In aiming to protect foreigners, the hotel’s enforcement of such policy infers that Moroccans staying with foreigners are ‘prostitutes’, ‘thieves’, and ‘low class citizens’.

At some point, maybe because they would not give us a refund to go elsewhere or perhaps trying to avoid an argument or public scene in front of their other guests, the manager simply gave us a key to our room – of course after adding rudely that it is ‘my responsibility’ if anything happens during our stay. What a way of welcoming tourists? and what a ‘fantastic’ customer service that is ? big big disappointment.

Adding to that, basic rooms with no Wifi, tasteless food, and the drinks that are not drinkable (they don’t know how to make a Caipirinha!!!), it was a wasted 180$CA a night. The service, the food, the drinks, the whole experience were not 4 star hotels…
At the Check-out, the person at the counter didn’t even bother asking how was our stay and if we were happy with the experience. Nothing.

With all this experience, I was disgusted, ashamed... and I will NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone… I will never recommend Iberostar either. And I still don’t understand how they proudly display its partnership with the Thomas Cook.

The only good thing was the Beach… but it belongs to the city no to the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mounir A
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Founty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mounir,

Although we sincerely regret your disappointment on your experience while checking in at our IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel, we are grateful for the time you took out of your day to share your experience among us.

We would like to take the opportunity to clarify that per the Moroccan law, guests with dual citizenship landing in Morocco are required to use their Moroccan document at the customs and the customs number is used for the check-in in any hotel to fill a police form; The responsibility would be on the person that undertakes the check in, in this case our receptionist, who may be pursued for not respecting the law.

At IBEROSTAR as in any other hotel chain in Morocco, we have no other choice but apply and respect the local laws imposed by local authorities. Applying to those laws, any mixed couple (Moroccan/foreigner) needs to show their marriage certificate to be able to stay in the same room, and it is forbidden for two men to check-in in the same room. The hotel and the guests are responsible to respect those laws and we consider that it is not the hotel’s responsibility to provide our guests with courtesy rooms free of charges in these cases.

Moreover we invited you to eventually book online in the same webpage where you booked your trip for your own convenience as the prices are more favorable online than making a booking with the hotel directly; it has just been a suggestion but never an obligation.

We understand that this experience has tarnished the rest of your stay and we are sincerely sorry to hear we were not able to satisfy your culinary wishes and provide you with a relaxing and enjoyable holiday among us.

Our main commitment is to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the service provided by professionals and the delivery of high quality products, so we do hope we will have the opportunity to change your first impression about our service and turn it into a wonderful holiday experience with IBEROSTAR in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

As soon we got to the hotel (there was 11 of us including 3 toddlers 1 one yr old n 1 baby ) we were amongst 20/30 others in the lounge sat for at least am hour before we got checked in! Customer service was absolutely rubbish and to top it off we had to carry half our luggage to our room that we had to figure out as clear instructions weren't given! The room has to be the poorest of qualities for a 4 star the room was no way even a 2 star standard! I asked fr a family room n got a room with twin beds and a massive pieces of wood work of wall separating the room for my toddler where there were 2 single beds that to be honest if I had pets of probs let them sleep there!
Food was ok that's coz they had chips pizza n plain pasta which my toddler happily wud eat n hubby was happy as there was a selection of spices so we cud adjust r taste wiv d food!
The cleanliness is really really poor! The High chairs, lobby sofa, bat chairs were all broken n looked really silly! Kids could've got splinters n fallen off furniture's! Bathrooms silicon and surrounding wer black n tiles wer old n yucky! I don't have a perfect house n I ain't fussy but if I pay for a hotel I expect cleanliness and safe furniture's not hard to provide!
I wouldn't even think about going there again and if you decide then please ask for the modern new rooms which to be honest look the same but at least the suffocating wood wall is not there!

We got asked to pay for the safe which I found stupid because they charge on a daily basis!

At the end before we left the hotel we almost missed our coach to the airport because the porters got asked for an hour to bring the luggages uo which they failed to and once again half the luggages hubby pulled up himself!
Unless the hotel improves on cleanliness and hygiene, trains staff and also replaces broken furniture's I wouldn't advise anyone to go ther esp with small children! I really hope they change the facilities n improve the standards

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Nureen S
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Founty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret reading that we were not able to provide you with an enjoyable and relaxing family holiday at our IBEROSTAR Founty Beach hotel and are grateful for the time and effort you took out of your day to review your overall stay among us. We appreciate all of your input, as it helps us identify areas that could use more attention to detail.

As duly reported on your booking confirmation, the check in time starts at 15.00, and even though we do our utmost to have our rooms ready for our early arrivals, the checkout being at 12.00 pm, when our hotel is fully booked, we unfortunately cannot guarantee the rooms to be ready as our housekeeping staff needs the appropriate time to undertake a full and thorough cleaning of the rooms.

Moreover we were surprised to read your comments on our porter’s service as our management team itself made sure you were assisted and came over to help you out showing you the way to your rooms.

The gastronomy being one of the prime pillars of our company, we regret reading that you didn’t take full advantage of the wide array of both local and international delights available at every service and freshly made from prime quality ingredients; at IBEROSTAR we believe that travelling includes trying the local cuisine that is greatly represented on every buffet and caters for all diet requirements; our talented Chefs prepare on a daily basis a selection of the best Moroccan cuisine, including couscous, tagines, tuna and eggs bricks, soups, typical vegetables, etc.. Plus a wide array of international dishes, from starters to mixed salads, hot and cold vegetables, fish, meat and seafood both cooked to order by our Show Cooking Chefs on the grill, and in sauce, cheeses, fruits and of course the typical mouthwatering Moroccan and international desserts.

Our hotel regularly undergoes unannounced audit and quality checks by external companies sent from our collaborating Tour Operators and internally to ensure our high quality standards at all times; we sincerely regret not being informed about the imperfections you describe in your review onsite as we would have been able to assist you; of course, our management team has undertaken thorough checks on our high chairs, lobby sofas, bat chairs and the rooms we accommodated you in and we want to reassure you on the fact that everything is safe and perfectly hygienic. For future occasions please do not hesitate to contact our reception desk to point out any imperfection, our team members will be pleased to assist you anytime.

Last but not least, we would like to take the opportunity to clarify that our porters were available at the time of your check out; however as you may understand the check-out requires a minimum of time to be done and we lament the inconveniences caused.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Found this hotel clean, friendly, and full of choice of cuisine throughout the day. Loved the spa experience although a little expensive. Loved the fact it was by the beach which was also clean and a pleasure to walk on without footwear.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank Shehnaz N
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very and clean environment, but if you are on half board, you are so how looked down on and treated like an outcast. Staff are customer friendly if you don't speak English. Disable access friendly....

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com
1  Thank Vivian Mukoma O
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Founty Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Vivian,

We appreciate you reaching out to us on Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your visit to our IBEROSTAR Founty Beach and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service. Your input is extremely important to us and we will be forwarding your remarks directly to the management team so they can make the appropriate adjustments in the areas you mentioned.

We were however surprised to read your comments on our staff as they are all customer oriented and fully committed to contribute to the wellbeing of our guests regardless of their nationality; our hotel has always received an international clientele and all boards and nationalities are equally welcome among us.

On the other hand, we thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel because this is an aspect of primary importance for IBEROSTAR and we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is a fundamental condition for our guests to feel comfortable at our hotel.