“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Dublin, Ireland
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in Argana for a week, last week and it just keeps getting better.

As you walk to the entrance you can see and hear the new editions that welcome you to this great hotel. There's a new fountain/waterfall coming down the wall that plays music as it welcomes you on the walk to the hotel entrance. The lawn and gardens at the front have been decorated magnificently and really highlight the area as you walk by.

The reception seating area has had a make over and is great to sit and have a chat while waiting to go out or when catching up with other guests.

The bar had been recently modernised and they have now extended this out to the lounge area where they have introduced fantastic long Moroccan style sofas & cushions and added some TV’s where you can watch the sports if you so wish. On the outside bar terrace they have upgraded and replaced the plastic tables and chairs with more modern and comfortable furniture. Unfortunately it was too cold to sit out in the evenings but they really looked appealing.

I noticed a number of new murals painted on the walls around the hotel and although they may not be to everybody's taste, they really do add a splash of colour around the place.

The work and upgrading around the pool area is continuing and it will really add to the features of this hotel. The snack bar food is quite nice, very reasonably priced and it's nice to just sit outside and relax by the pool when the weather allows. You can also eat from the barbecue near the shisha tent if you prefer but I didn't make time on this trip. It was quiet this time of the year but it was still great to sit or lay around the poolside, especially if you get to use one of the fantastic double bed, four poster sun loungers (not sure what to call them, lol).

As I'm a regular to the hotel I tend to stick with what I like so I would have emailed the hotel in advance of my stay and booked the same room as before as it has great views over the pool with excellent sea views and a fantastic queen size bed (I'm not saying which room as I want it to myself, lol). I will say it is on the 4th floor and like most of the rooms up there, the views are great. So, my tip for you all is to email the hotel in advance of your stay and make your request as they are always very helpful in trying to please you.

Unfortunately the nightclub/cabaret only opened on the night that I was leaving but I did have the opportunity to visit it during the day and witness the transformation from my previous visits. Maybe next time I will get to sample the atmosphere in full flow.

Once again, I have to say it is the staff that put the icing on the cake when it comes to this hotel. From the time I first contacted them in relation to my stay until I was leaving again, every member of staff made me feel so warm as the welcomed me back again. I won't mention everyone as it would take me forever but from start to finish I felt so respected and appreciated as a guest.

While again I will say that this hotel is not a 5 star hotel it is in no way a budget hotel. If you want 5 stars then you can and will pay for that luxury. With the Argana you get a very authentic Moroccan style hotel that has been and is continuing to be upgraded with a sense of pride from the owners and staff members alike. The facilities and service in this hotel is second to none in my opinion and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone or to return to it again. I have always enjoyed my stay in Argana which is why I have returned so many times over the years. A big thank you to all concerned and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 4th floor and if you're not satisfied, ask to see another room as the staff...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Professor_Sparrow
Myriem S, Responsable commercial at Argana Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing another new review following your stay in the Argana Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It's a pleasure to read that you're still satisfied by our establishment and that you are noticing our improvements.

Furthermore, your detailed review and your nice compliments about the Hotel and its features are really appreciated and we won't forget to congratulate the staff for his good job.

Once again, thank you for trusting in us and recommending us.

On behalf of the entire staff and management, we hope to have the honor to see you back again very soon.

Argana Hotel Agadir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just back from my most recent stay in the Argana. I think this was my fourteenth visit since 1997! I believe that the hotel is under new management and there certainly have been a lot of changes. While the rooms have been redecorated and look very well the relaxing atmosphere pool-side is a thing of the past. Loud music is now played most of the day. Thankfully I had ear plugs to help drown it out but in the later afternoon a new tent-type bar in the guise of the Arabian Nights opens up and belts out thudding music WHILST the pool-side racket continues. I complained about the opposing factions and the noise in the tent was reduced. As I walked about the pool area I noticed that more than half the people using it either had ear plugs or headphones on. I wonder what the point of playing loud music most of the day to a winter clientele who are largely over the age of forty is?
I phoned over a week before arrival and asked for a good room with a decent view to find that we had been allocated room 029 on the ground floor. I was very dark (the sun never reaches it) and there was a dank musty smell about. We immediately complained and were advised that they could move us the following day, which they did. Obviously my phone call and the fact that I am a returning customer counted for nothing,
I would like to give the Argana another chance as I have always appreciated the warm staff in attendance, particularly those at breakfast and the cleaning staff. However, if I am disappointed again, my relationship with the Argana will be a thing of the past.

Room Tip: Insist on a room on the upper floors away from the lane that runs down the side of the Argana. This...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lynchcarmelb
Myriem S, Responsable commercial at Argana Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts following your stay about the Argana Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are really pleased to know that you're a regular guest and also pleased that you've noticed the changes happening during this year.

However, we apologize for the inconveniences due to loud music and promise to take on board all your positive comments in order to avoid disturbing guests who are trying to rest, especially in the period of your stay.

Furthermore, we apologize for the room that was given to you the first day but you have to know that the Hotel was almost full at this period and it was really hard to give each one the room he wanted (even if guests called earlier). Despite this, we are glad to know that the next day you had the room in the upper floor as you wished.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your review, we hope that you will give us another chance as you said and we look forward to seeing you in the not too far future.

Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Having heard the the Argana underwent a renovation and is under new management we booked in for the night before we travelled south, we hadn't visited the hotel in about 3 or 4 years. A lot of it looked the same, a lot had changed. Most of the changes as far as we could see are out around the pool area, and made a big differencs, unfortunately, the bar is still very very dark, the rooms look to have just had new curtains and bedclothes, and unfortunately thats it. We were staying with our toddler and our room was damp, the next morning we were all sneezing and stuffy sinuses. Breakfast was not as good as we remember but the staff are still lovely. Overall, still a good budget hotel but if you are going to renovate, do it properly. At the end of our stay we stayed in Kenzi which was renovated last year and its clearly evident to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Myriem S, Responsable commercial at Argana Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time spent on sharing your review about the Argana Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you've noticed some changes since your last stay in our establishment. You can be sure that we have not finished yet, we are keeping on renovating our unity and we guarantee that you will be more surprised.

We are sorry that the room didn't meet your expectations, you were able to ask for another one in another floor, with another design… to avoid the problems of sinuses.

The bar is the only place we didn't want to change because almost of all our regular guests like its British style with red light and we try to satisfy everybody by paying attention to all the suggestions.

On the opposite of the Kenzi Hotel, we didn't close our Hotel during the renovations and that's why you can "see clearly the difference" between them and us : our policy was to keep the Argana opened and to renovate it step by step.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future so you will notice the other changes to come.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have just arrived at hotel Argana with a group for 2 nights.
After a days travelling I was looking forward to a nice hot shower, no such luck, water lukewarm. Phoned reception who advised me they were fixing it!!! One hour later, water even cooler.
Noted on bathroom wall, 7 suggestions to help environment, but the hotel are using plastic bags in the bathroom waste bin, of which we have seen many spread around Morocco during the last week. The hotel should practice what they preach!
Bed in room 1114 also soft.

Room Tip: Have not tried the food yet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Myriem S, Responsable commercial at Argana Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking time to leave your feedback following your short stay in the Argana Hotel on Tripadvisor.

We would like then to apologize for the inconvenience (lack of hot water) due to a technical problem that was not expected at all. It took time to repair it but we wish that you could accept our sincere apologizes.

We hope that you could trust in us again and give us another chance.

Argana Hotel Agadir

Travellers are raving about these Agadir hotels

Kilkenny, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is an older hotel which shows its age a bit, in contrast to the more upmarket (and expensive) hotels on the seafront. They have been trying to renovate it over the past few years but this process is not yet complete. There were problems with hot water while we were there - referred to in other reviews but the manager's response to a recent review suggests this has been sorted out. One of the 2 lifts was out of order for most of our stay - there were people working on it but it still was not fixed when we left on 22nd Feb. The rooms are fairly small but have balconies with a view of the sea in the distance - at least from the 4th floor where we were.

However, for a basic holiday hotel, it is fine. We were there as part of a package, as are many other guests, and the overall deal was excellent value. The staff are friendly, though those at reception weren't very helpful about the water issue - they didn't seem to know anything. There was a very nice barman, who kept us supplied with nibbles when we sat on the upper terrace rather than by the pool - the beer was cheaper there than from the poolside bar! The staff in the restaurant for the buffet breakfast were very friendly - maybe a bit too familiar - but there were obviously a lot of guests who had been to the Argana a number of times and liked the individual attention.

We found the location very convenient to shops and restaurants used by locals and only about 10 minutes from the sea. The pool area is very clean and attractive for those who only want to laze about in the sun! Overall it's a good choice for those not looking for 5 star service and price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank magpie15
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your personal feedback following your recent stay about the Argana Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We confirm that there were some tries to renovate the hotel during the previous years but the real changes started when the new management was elected (May 2013) and as you said, the process is not yet finished.

Furthermore, we would like to apologize for the lack of hot water during you stay (indeed as we mentioned it in other replies, we had some technical problems for one week which thankfully have been sorted out).
Concerning the elevator, this one was on renovation (we were changing its design to make it look like the other one. We hope that you could enjoy the use of the second elevator which was at your disposal.

However, we are glad to know that you were globally satisfied by your overall stay and we will share your compliments with the staff mentioned in your review.

On behalf of all the Argana team, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to seeing you back again very soon.

Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had a great time here at the end of January and we'll be going back at the end of April - can't wait!
The staff were so helpful and attentive; our rooms were spotless and the reception staff were always on hand to help with any queries. Not too far to the lovely promenade and beach; also plenty of restaurants there and across the main road into the shopping area. The hotel has a main bar on the ground floor but, remember those of you who don't smoke, it becomes quite smoky and has quite dull lighting. The food in the main restaurant is excellent with plenty of choice.
My only real complaint was the lack of professionalism in the hotel spa. Far better ones outside.

Room Tip: Probably better higher up in the building and on the south side and away from the main road at the f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank keepsmiling29
Myriem S, Responsable commercial at Argana Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for leaving your personal impressions about the Hotel Argana on TripAdvisor.

Your positive review is really appreciated and push us to make more efforts to serve you in the best way.

Your compliments with regards to the staff will be shared with the concerned departments and your valuable comments according the spa are positively taken on board in order to improve the service provided there.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just got back after a fab week stay at the Argana. Staff were so helpful and friendly especially the restaurant Staff. The hotel is beautiful and very Moroccan. It has a very relaxed feel to it, so one can quickly relax into their holiday! Food is plentiful and the hotel cafe does nice cheap food. Beer prices are cheap was a bit weird that folk are allowed to smoke inside! The room we had was fine, plenty of hot water, we even had a couple of red roses turn up in our room one day! For us this hotel suited us just fine, and for all you sunbathers out there lots of space to get the best of the sun, but you may need to leave a towel on a sunbed to get the best spot! Should we ever go back to Agadir will use this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Marion G
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write about the Argana Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad to read you and to know that the Hotel, its decoration, its staff and its features met your expectations.
We would like to apologize for the problem of water mentioned in a previous review and would like to inform you that the problem was finally solved (since yesterday morning).

Once again, thank you for trusting in the Argana and we definitely look forward to being of service to you in the near future.