“Great value”

Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great value”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week in Agadir. We were looking for a good value all inclusive break in a sunny climate and that's exactly what it was. The hotel was great. Large reception with welcoming, friendly staff. The rooms were large, spacious and clean. And the pool area was great.
The only down side was the bed reserving round the pool. I've never stayed in a hotel with such competitive bed reserving in all my life. I woke up early at 8am on the first day hoping to reserve a nice cabana style bed, only to find they were all taken. For the rest of the holiday, I has to set my alarm for 5.55am just to get a decent spot. I heard a rumour that if you paid the pool staff a few dirhams, the would reserve a good one for you early in the morning, but I don't know how true that was.
The service in the hotel was good, but goes without saying, if you look after the staff...(I.e. Tip well on the first day) they will look after you.
The food in the restaurants was good. Good variety and with a different theme every night. Italian, Moroccan, Chinese etc.
The entertainment is the hotel was dire but taxis are very cheap (£3) to go to the marina where there are a few trendy bars if you want an alternative.

We went on one excursion - the day trip to Marrakech. It was great to see a different part of Morocco, but be warned - it's not for the faint hearted. There was A LOT of walking through many baking, snaking, tight busy streets. Many of the older people in our struggled to keep up especially in the intense heat. (42 degrees)

It was a stark contrast to the temperature in Agadir which was actually fairly cold in the evening. Definitely pack a few jumpers and cardigans, because at night you will shiver.

If you are looking for a cheap week away in the sun, I couldn't fault it really. A proper four star hotel. Would go back if the price was right!

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank vabulouso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fantastic hotel right on the beach. All the staff were incredibly friendly, always happy to chat. The hotel is really clean & spacious.
The only down side was that sunbeds around the pool were constantly reserved. Towels were left on & nothing was done to discourage this - even though the hotel has a policy that sunbeds can't be reserved.
However, the beach seemed much nicer & you could always get a sunbed on there - but the option would've been nice.
Food was delicious - good variety & specials every day.

2 Thank Rachel M
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from a week at the Riu Tikida Beach (a post-exam treat). We had a fabulous time with no complaints whatsoever.

FOOD - Excellent. Plenty of variety. Huge breakfast catering for all tastes (champagne at breakfast a lovely touch!) Seafood and Moroccan restaurants in contrast to the comprehensive buffet. Lunch buffet overlooking the Atlantic was superb - especially if you manage to get a window table.

STAFF - Fantastic without exception. The secret of receiving good service is to at least try to speak a little French. Barman in Cascade Bar was great - he could remember everyone's drinks order all week! Entertainment was different each evening (although the singer and keyboard player became a little tedious) Daytime activites with the inexhaustable Mido were fun. He ensured everyone had a great time and had endless energy, especially considering it was Ramadam.

SPA - We had the Argon Massage and Hammam on the first day to prepare for our tans which was terrific and well worthwhile.

ROOM - Lovely big room with balcony overlooking the pool. Bathroom maybe a little tired (hairdryer underpowered) but very clean with sheets and towels replaced regularly.

POOL - Super! Plenty of room for serious swimming as well as larking about! We didn't try the indoor pool as we forgot about it! Sunbeds are quite old and really need replacing!

All in all, a great hotel which we would thoroughly recommend and would definitely visit again in a year or so.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear overlooking the pool or beach are quiet and away from the noise at the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy F
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We went to this hotel end of May beginning of June. We loved it. It was so quiet and peaceful and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The annimation were nice people but sometimes a little pushy tring to get you to take part in activities, but hey suppose that is their jobs!! I was happy to read my book and chill, likewise for my friends. There wasn't any real disco or club on the property but I do believe that they are investing in some new facilities when the renovation takes place in November. That was the only downside, night time activities. It was generally milling around the hotel lobby or watching the shows in the Founty bar. They were ok but more for kids and we were a group of 3 friends aged 30-36, so it wasn't really to our taste. Food was excellent and we enjoyed eating in the Italian and Moroccan restaurants. We would go back as there will be some more attractions to the hotel when it is done up, we look forward to revisiting and seeing what changes they have made (not that there were many improvements to make ref cleanliness and quality of food/staff etc).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sparkles1013
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for two weeks in June 2014, overall we had an amazing holiday, the food was good, the staff were so friendly & there would not be many faults we could pick out!

We were greeted with drinks and checked in quickly, we paid for a room with a balcony however did not get the balcony, this would bother some people but not us as we had no real need for it and was out of the room between 10am and 5:30 pm every day only returning to shower and get ready for dinner or to sleep, we did not bother asking for a room swap as we were relieved not to be put over the club!

The food was lovely, however did get repetitive over the two weeks but there was enough choice to avoid repetition if you wanted.

We did have to get up early every morning to get a good bed, however on a couple of occasions didn't get up in time but always found a bed, it just meant we had to follow the sun round and move the beds late afternoon as one side of the pool always ended up in the shade.

Both a la carte restaurants were lovely with great service and lovely food, the fish restaurant was amazing just because you got to watch the sun set whilst eating your dinner.

One of the best things about this hotel was the staff, we made good friends with the pool and entertainment staff which made the holiday even better, a special thank you to Moussa who always looked out for us round the pool and made sure we was happy and also to Mido who also always made time to come and sit with us during the day and in the evening round the pool. The waiters round the bar could not do enough for you and remembered us and our usual drink orders without fail every evening.

The entertainment was probably the reason for only 4 stars due to it being a man and a piano and microphone every night, singing the same songs, which were 80% French by the way, most entertainment was aimed towards French and they did seem to get a better treating due to them being French, but then there is the language barrier and French is spoken widely in Morocco which would probably be the explanation, but a few more english songs would not go a miss with perhaps a more varied playlist.

I would recommend the hotel, however would not return myself as i am sure there are many other hotels to visit in Morocco.

Just lastly a quick shout out to out Thomoson rep Hasan, he was lovely and sorted 3 amazing excursions for us which are all highly recommend, The argan oil massage (not scrub, i heard this could be painful!) the fantasia dinner & the dune buggys.

2 Thank Georgia H
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Riu Tikida Beach... the hotel is definitely not worth a 4 star plus rating at a push I would give it a 3. The rooms need updating but the hotel and pool area are quite pleasant. If you are a French client at this hotel you will be pampered but it's not the same for the English clients. It's back to the 80's as far as getting a sunbed and I was up at 7am every morning just to secure one and they were nearly all gone by then. The French must have put ther towels down the night before. They also tie bags around the bottom of the parasols so you cannot have those either. On our first day myself and my husband sat in a chair up near the bar in the blistering heat as we could not get a bed. We were given a room with no balcony even though we had paid for one. The room was infested with cockroaches and when I complained at 1am in the morning the guy on reception looked at me vaguely and pretended he did not know what a cockroach was. He told me to come back at 10am to see his manager and if there was a spare room I would be moved. He said he would make a report and leave it for the manager. At 10am the next morning I went and spoke to the manager to find she knew nothing about my 1am visit as nothing had been recorded!!! She said she would try and move us and to come back at 2pm. We did eventually get moved to a room with a balcony. I spoke to a couple at the hotel who had previously had our old room, they were also moved because the lady had received an electric shock from the bedside table lamp and it threw her back against the wall. Luckily for me I did not use the lamp.
There are some lovely staff at the hotel but the majority are unwelcoming and unfriendly, unless of course you are French and have deep pockets because they seem to expect tips frequently. The breakfast is a huge issue, we sat at our table for over 10 mins most mornings waiting for cutlery and coffee only to be given a half pot that was almost cold left over from another table that was occupied by French. If you attempt to go and get your own cutlery you are angrily ushered back to your seat. The food is repetitive, luke warm and not worth a four star rating, I have been on many all inclusive holidays and have to say this was the worst. The entertainment is awful, it mainly consists of a guy singing and one playing the piano, most of the songs are in French and its the same half a dozen songs over and over again. I can categorically say that I will not be returning to the Tikida Beach or to Morocco for that matter. Unfortunately we can only afford one holiday a year and will now have to wait until next year for the next one. A week would have been more than enough here.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room without a balcony or one above the nightclub as that does not close until 5am.
7 Thank Mary B
London
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Went as a family - son 19, daughter 25, daughter and boyfriend 28 and me (56) !!
First night my eldest daughter and boyfriend were booked into room above nightclub (apparently they put young people there at first) although we had e mailed but this was quickly sorted the next morning with a choice of 2 perfect rooms. The rooms were lovely and the most comfortable beds. Only problem with my son was the shower as he had to sit on side of bath to shower as he was too tall.
Food was amazing and no complaints at all, every night there was a different theme with waiters giving wine and water on demand.
The pool was lovely and we really enjoyed the swim up bar. The sun beds were taken very early, my son went to breakfast at 7:30 and nearly all beds were taken but if you asked there were always some available. The pool and bar staff were very quick and friendly to help you get comfortable with a little tip on our first day - especially Moussa who was very kind and a great guy that we got friendly with.
The other staff were also cheerful and we were always served with a smile and a few jokes.

Overall we had a wonderful holiday- we relaxed and had fun at the pool but also allowed to experience Moroccan culture with the likes of massage, souks and camel trekking. We want to book again for next year!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family