“Great family hoilday”

Hotel Riu Tikida Beach
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at the tikida beach at the end of June . It was to celebrate our daughters 21& 18 birthdays. We had a great time. The staff were great . I read some reviews with said about French guest being served first this is crap as we had great service from everyone around the resort. All you have to do is to treat everyone as you want to be treated , a hello and thank you goes a long way.

We booked 3 doubles and 1 single, all the rooms were great and the maids kept them very clean. When we arrived I was worried about the single being small be it was great with two beds, it didn't have a balcony but that was not a problem as you do not go on hoilday to stay in your room.

The food was great, we have a couple of picky eaters with us and they always had something to eat. In the evenings we would meet for a drink I had great service we tried to move tables together and was stopped as they would move it for us and they wanted us to relax and have a great time .

We never had a problem getting 7 sunned together and if you needed anything ask the towel man and he will try and get thing for you.

It's not rocket science use your manners and you will get the service you want. If you don' t , we'll it's your fault. A holiday is what you make it so enjoy it .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank christine s

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just come back from this hotel.....As we were on a night flight we did not arrive till late; only to see one of the guest going back to their room after a night out to be told "if you want get a sun bed put your towel on it now as come 6am they will be all taken", needless to say i didnt. However when i did go down for breakfast sure enough there where towels on all the beds......but i didnt mind as i do prefer the beach....it is just across from the hotel over the public promenade where it is sectioned off, found there was more beds without towels....The room was very clean and spacious the beds were comfortable, the only down side was the view; we were looking at the hotel opposite - their gas tankers and bins and rubbish, I was dissapointed also with just having water in the room. Having stayed in a RIU hotel before were there was soft drinks in the fridge, optics of spirts and beer, i was surprised this RIU failed to have any of these. Though we were told the one next door had - and that was a Riu... Found the snack bar in the afternoon good, again being there during Ramadan there was no night club open so was very quiet, was hoping for more being a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a great 11 nights at the riu tikida beach hotel in agadir! Went with my boyfriend through Thomson and after reading the bad reviews on here I was really starting to worry! After the first day of being there I can assure you it couldn't be further from the truth!!
On arrival at 12am we were greeted with drinks and the restaurant had sorted out a late dinner for all the new arrivals! Our room was spacious and airy with a lovely balcony and view over the pool and of the sea! (I know some rooms don't have balconies but I requested it upon booking and it wasn't a problem).
The pool area was clean and lots of sunbeds, if you can't find a free one, just ask and they will get you one! After reading the reviews we knew we would struggle to get the nicer beds but we were up at 7am every morning and got one no problem every day. (People do put their towels down the night before so if you're out late at night you could do this and they won't be moved).
The food was lovely, no complaints, plenty of choice, I had a different meal every day!
The staff are friendly and great fun, all this stuff about them favouring the French is utter rubbish, it's only because they all speak their language, if you make an effort with them they will do the same for you. (Tipping goes a long way but we didn't feel that we needed to).
We went out most evenings so can't comment on the entertainment but what we saw in passing looked varied each night and good fun.
All in all I had an amazing holiday and really didn't want to leave, I would recommend this hotel over and over and will definitely return!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Lou-lou07512
Reviewed 19 July 2014

July 2014 - Thomson. Fast check in on arrival by really helpful, happy staff. We were upgraded to pool view because we 'looked nice ladies'! Good size room which was more than adequate and kept spotlessly clean by the lovely Halfida. Restaurants catered for all tastes and there is only one hour during the day where Todd is not readily available. Drinks are VERY STRONG MEASURES, so be careful.... Hassan our rep was excellent, readily available and kept checking we were happy through the day. Weather hit and miss, warm but very overcast and misty in the mornings and usually factor 30 sunny in the afternoon. Traders on the promenade persistent but will leave you with a smile if you say a polite no thank you. Trips can be bought cheaper from the guys on the beach but for the safety aspect we booked through the rep and they were excellent, especially the buggy and camel ride. Entertainment not brilliant but they try their best. We were here during Ramadan so can't comment how noisy the night club next door could be. All in all, a fabulous holiday and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose 4th floor if possible, access by lift and stairs. Air con is really quiet and efficient
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank JE8399
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

After not being able to review the hotel until I was on way to airport as the destination was a surprise for my 40th birthday I was a bit apprehensive after reading negative reviews...1st thing I will say is that there is no French/British divide there what so ever. Everyone is treated in the same way by the staff in a polite and cheerful way and to be honest they couldn't do enough for you-simply put if your say please and thanks then they will treat you in the same way...
The rooms are big and the beds are unbelievably comfortable,the maid kept it spotless for 10 nights making flowers out of the sheets etc.
The pool is lovely with loads of sun beds-I will be honest though you do need to be up early to reserve one (which obviously your not supposed to do),you have a swim up bar and a pool side bar which getting drinks from are no issue. Lunch is served in restaurant by pool and also has snack bar set aside with the usual burgers and pizza.
The main restaurant was fab,ok I'll admit for me personally I didn't find the choice that big but what was on offer was lovely and I enjoyed every meal I ate-the chilli was to die for. You will always find something to please even the fussiest person.
The evening entertainment was basically a man playing a keyboard with a singer with a half hour slot at 9.30 with a show of some sort which like every All Inclusive can be hit and miss-every 1 I saw was watchable.
The bar was always busy and waiter service only. This is where I think British people complained as obviously were used to walking to the bar-at no point were the French favoured,it's just that the waiters are busy and do serve you as quick as possible-to be honest the group of 8 I was with very rare ordered drinks as soon as the staff saw drinks were half empty a new round was bought to the table (and that was 2 glasses for myself each time) I have to give a special mention as on my 40th the treatment I received was amazing,a gift in my room and allowed a table in the Moroccan restaurant to be decorated with balloons and banners etc.
To sum the hotel up its friendly fun relaxing and a great place to spend a few stress free days away, I would recommend and if I ever visit morocco again I would have no problems booking again.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Karlmaiden
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is everything you woukd expect from a rui hotel. Excellent service accommodation and location. Lovely promenade which separates sandy beach from hotel. You can if you wish walk into agadir along this promenade think it took about an hour. No sellers bother you. Obviously they ask but if you say no they do not pester. This was our second time in agadir and will definitely go again. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank angbop
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My boyfriend and I went here for my 40th. We had an amazing time the staff are fantastic and do anything they can to make you happy. There is a wide choice of food every day and they even made me a birthday cake on the day.... ;)

Room Tip: I would say pay a bit extra to get a room with a good view over the pool or sea. Are first room look...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple