“Great Hotel not French as per other reviewers false impression”

Royal Decameron Tafoukt Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel not French as per other reviewers false impression”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Having stayed in many hotels around the world, I would have to say this hotel is hotel is on of the cleanest and friendliest and well maintained.
When two big black guys the size of houses walk into a quality hotel and are treated well I can only recommend the hotel.
The French problem in previous reviews which I had read never existed for me, I feel the problem exists with the reviewers who have forgotten they have travelled to an Arabic and French speaking country!
On arrival I replied "bonjour" to the reception manager and he replied "Your French is crap"
then proceeded to speak a fair level of English to check me in my room so was not pressurised to speak French and was at ease with his sense of humour because my French is crap!

The hotels location is excellent with its proximity to the beach and the promenade.
The rooms are clean and well kept, the food was excellent with a variation throughout the day and a excellent breakfast.

The animation team was friendly (Euoness) and the Columbian dancers in the show were excellent, BIG UP dancer JAMAICAN KIM.

At one point I needed an adapter and the receptionist was helpful and directed me were to buy one but would have borrowed me one the next day if I had waited.

I had now problems staying at the Royal Decameron and can highly recommend it.

nd the show was excellent

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank BIGGA_E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had read few reviews for this hotel before we book it so we were prepared for many things, for example late check in. When we arrived at midday we were told to go to the restaurant for a meal and drink as our room was being cleaned. What we weren't prepared for was getting a different room to what we paid for. Agent in UK told us that to be sure to get a double bed we would have to book a Junior Suite and following his advise we book Junior Suite with ocean view, but what we got wasn't what we saw on the pictures for this type of room. It was dated and needed some work, but the worst thing was there was two single beds! We tried to complain as soon as we got to the room, but our complaints fell on deaf ears. The staff at the reception were very rude and twice put the phone down on my partner when he tried to resolve the issue. Once they pretended they transferred him to the manager, but cut the call and the other time they promised a call back, but we never heard from them since. We decided to resolve the issue when we back in UK, but to our surprise, more than a month on, this is still "being investigated". So disappointing as we paid a lot of money, but all we got was the feeling that nobody at the reception wanted to help us. Or maybe they just didn't bother with us cause we didn't speak French.
We were so glad that the rest of the staff were very friendly and helpful - our maid was doing a great job and waiting staff were very good too. They made up for the tasteless food - but I suppose that is what you get when you are on all inclusive. It also depends what type of food you like - pasta, chips and all European food is not what I want to eat when in Morocco . On the positive note - you are entitled to one meal per week in next door restaurant which is a la carte. We managed two meals during our stay and both were success - food was good and drinks were much better than on all inclusive. Waiting staff took care of us very well too.
Bar staff were friendly as well and the nearby Moroccan Room was a nice place to chill out and to smoke shisha if you like it.
The entertainment was only in French and were both prepared and understanding about it as it is their second spoken language, but what we didn't like was for the one of the member of team to tell us that English people are lazy and don't want to play with the rest of tourist. I am not even English, but just live in UK, but that is just plain rude!!!
As in the title of review the hotel has an excellent location on beach front with its private beach and a friendly staff who sorts out your lounges. Hotel is also very close to most restaurants on the promenade, but do not expect pubs where you can have a drink. In Morocco only licensed hotels and it's restaurants sell alcohol as it is Muslim country. We had a problem of finding more than one place in Marrakech when on day trip there.
Overall - it was a good holiday for the sun in November, but the hotel is not a good value for the money. It definitely is not a 4* that it claims to be. The stars need to be awarded to the waiting and cleaning staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

On arrival at the hotel there was an issue with power supply due to works to the front of the hotel. No power in the room on arrival but arrived in the evening and after eating a very nice meal in the restaurant it was not too big an issue. Next day, power back on and no further issues. Yes it is true that the entertainment is geared towards French speakers but everybody was very friendly it did not matter to us. The hotel is very well cared for but the rooms were a little tired but exceptionally clean. The staff were friendly and the service was good.

Having never been to Morocco before I was unsure what to expect, I found Agadir to be a very nice resort and very clean. The beach is one of the nicest I have seen, the hotel has a section of the beach which is private. The promenade is long and attracts joggers for their morning exercise.

The hotel backs on to the promenade so it is nice to sit in the restaurant and see the world go by, the restaurant staff, particularly those who tend the tables outside were very nice. We were on an all inclusive deal and found the food to be excellent, plenty of choice.

We had a lovely holiday and would definitely return.

4 Thank Diane C
Harjumaa
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel is situated in the best location in Agadir located right on the beach. Hotel was very clean. Our room was double room(552) and room was very quiet, but tired..
Housekeeping staff was very helpful and always smiling.
Food was very good and the restoran staff was excellent.
Entertainment team was great .
If you want very good holiday go to Morocco Agadir hotel Royal Decameron Tafoukt .

4 Thank Lemps
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was dreading that the other bad reviews would come to fruition when we waited over 2 hours to check in for holiday between 7-12 November 2013. But the delay was due to cleaning of our room. We had two small children in our group.
The room was disappointing due to the quality of finish. It looks like it was painted recently but was not done professionally and the lighting was too dim for the children.
Apart from that the actual suite we had was very good and was cleaned properly daily.
The food was excellent. The facilities were very good. My 4 year old son enjoyed the entertainment (music) even though most was in French. I have to say that all the staff were very friendly, Always had a smile and a warm greeting. Would recommend to friends. We had a room by the pool which always had loud music from the pool side but once door was shut was not too bad. If you want quieter rooms go for sea view.sea

Room Tip: Sea view have the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank MoshChy
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very clean, excellent food, brilliant restaurant staff. Fantastic location.
Very Hard bed, bathroom needs tiles, paint, new shower screen, toilet seat and flush, poor lighting in bedroom.
Very loud and lively French entertainment, rude animation leader.

4 Thank MikeJHud_11
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited this hotel with my cousin for between 21-29 October 2013. We chose it because it had such high ratings on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Located right on the beach, it is one of the only hotels on the beach front with everything you need, and I mean everything, from great entertainment, even though some of it was in French, but to be fair, it is a French speaking country, to a fantastic deli that serves freshly made oven cooked pizzas and grilled hamburgers to great tasting shandy's and wines between lunch/dinner.

The staff were incredibly friendly and every one, every day, that we encountered said hello, good morning and dealt with any of our queries as best they could. On one night, an electrical fault in the local area left us without electricity or water, so besides being up all night and day until the problem was resolved, they gave us privilege to rooms to bath in, candles to light our room, and were soooo apologetic, even though it was not their fault. They were great and handled it really well.

So what's great about the hotel, well, where do I start? The staff are brilliant, the entertainment will keep you entertained regardless of your preference, the food is excellent, all freshly cooked and the menu changed daily, they have another restaurant on the beach with an a la carte menu, private beach with loungers and shades, excursions...did I mention excellent staff.

Well done Annette for managing a great hotel and for employing Mohamed who is a great asset to the company.

Go go go...Morocco and the Decameron will be a good basis for a great holiday.

Room Tip: If you can, spend a little extra and go for a sea view room, views are amazing and you'll be clo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends