“Room change stops me giving excellent”

Royal Decameron Tafoukt Beach Hotel
Ranked #10 of 77 Hotels in Agadir
essex
“Room change stops me giving excellent”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed with my husband and two children 16 and 13 in Feb half term. On arrival it was clear they didn't have the junior suite we paid for we got palmed off with an inland room with one sofa bed which my adolescents were never going to share. After 5 hours of arguments and the ruin of day one they gave us two rooms although very disaapointed with the mess up alongside other British families we were glad it wad resolved. Sadly I feel the French hotel and clientelle priority to French causes this frequent disregard and resell of rooms as per previous reviews. However I have to say the food is fantastic, the entertainment team amazing we had no problem with this in French or the French speaking dominance we knew this before we went and as we have a French house the kids were fine. The location is superb and I cannot fault the hotel for its service and friendliness of the staff here. Sunny weather it just felt a shame about the rooms and for this reason I don't know that we would return as I feel this would happen again. I suggest only booking an inland basic double and then you get what you pay for on arrival.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank emkae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous stay at the Decameron we were greeted with a great team of receptionists we arrived early so had lunch in resturant with a most amazing view of the sea all waiters were very attentive and welcomed us to their hotel this was a great start we then returned to reception to be escorted to our suite which was fantastic had two floors and balconies both with fabulous views of the sea beach and Kasbah the cleaning of our room was excellent as was the gardens and rest of hotel there was always fresh roses throughout the hotel replaced regularly the food in Resturant buffet style was very good always something different to choose from it's all inclusive so wine beers served that we're very good we also visited the A la carte resturant twice also very good great service and the owner very pleasant the entertainment team worked very hard all day and did shows of an evening which was all in French but we didn't mind although would of been nice to of had a bit more English around pool as this was all French the area around hotel is busy it's like going back in time with old new and also donkeys on roads it's fun trying to cross the roads and our visit to the souk was a real delight we would definitely return and would stay at this wonderful hotel for a winter break in the sun .

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fonzygal
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I started off in a room at the front of the hotel unaware that there is a nightclub which kicks off at 11pm and goes on until 4 am.After two nights I asked for a move which was done within 24 hours. Lots of choice in the restaurant but mostly local dishes. Staff all very pleasant and hard working. My only gripe was with the over attentiveness of some waiters. I do not want my glass filled every time it gets to be half full.Everywhere kept clean and tidy.Even the gardeners seemed to be working non-stop. My schoolboy French (55 years ago!) was not much use so I spent three weeks with only a handful of conversations in English with other guests. This is the only hotel I have been to anywhere in the World which does not have brandy available. I tried the local whisky but decided it was best suited for getting the grease off an old diesel engine. The a la carte restaurant was very good, too much food for me to finish.. The pool towel system was too complicated for me so after two attempts I gave up. The lad dealing with me got quite aerated, the only example of less than top class service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the beach. 300 block looked ideal.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank papasanta
northants
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went to this hotel 20 feb with mates checked in only to be informed our requests & one couple paid for seaveiw rooms were not available.Two couples rooms were very good ours on the other hand was poor.Tatty & tired we managed to get a seaveiw room & better. Part of hotels recompense was use of al acarte restaurant anytime we reqd. Did not really think that it matched the buffet restaurant, Which i think was very good indeed. The staff were probably the friendliest we have encountered, happy & very genuine. Just a small problem the odd barperson struggled to understand our orders occaisionally.Poolside sometimes very noisy i,e loud music etc.but i must say we did overall enjoy the hotel &would return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hell384
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed there 4 a week with our 2 kids. Went from UK. First time in Morrocco. Hotel, food, service, cleanliness as we were 'All Inc'. Only let down was all the lads/lasses/clients spoke FRENCH, I thought it said International Hotel on the packet so they should have spoke ENGLISH. No worries just had to speak in English and diss the French speakers and get my way by hook or crook!
U cannot beat location as it was 30 yards from beach, shops, restaurants, hawkers, and tram.
There was a good police/military presence along promenade and beach for tourists. 99% holidayers were French, Belgium and Dutch then us.
Highly recommended!! Next ill go with family and get a villa.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank AndyKasbah
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

On arrival all seemed quite nice, pleasant check in and although the room was not ready we were told to go and have something to eat and drink. We went back later and were informed our room was ready, when they gave us the key card the new reception staff said oh heres the key to your SUITE. (which we had paid extra for) and could not wait to see it as he made it sound fantastic ,,,, it wasn't. It was tired and from what we could see of the other rooms all it had was a wall separating the two rooms! and a bigger balcony not worth the extra money we paid. Basically the room was in need of an update, the food was fine but my husband was ill for 4 days (raw chicken), the restaurant staff were lovely, but the reception staff not so, make sure you get receipts for local tax and room safe!
This was our 3rd trip to Agadir and when we go again it will be back to a RIU for us they are fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Having stayed in many hotels around the world, I would have to say this hotel is hotel is on of the cleanest and friendliest and well maintained.
When two big black guys the size of houses walk into a quality hotel and are treated well I can only recommend the hotel.
The French problem in previous reviews which I had read never existed for me, I feel the problem exists with the reviewers who have forgotten they have travelled to an Arabic and French speaking country!
On arrival I replied "bonjour" to the reception manager and he replied "Your French is crap"
then proceeded to speak a fair level of English to check me in my room so was not pressurised to speak French and was at ease with his sense of humour because my French is crap!

The hotels location is excellent with its proximity to the beach and the promenade.
The rooms are clean and well kept, the food was excellent with a variation throughout the day and a excellent breakfast.

The animation team was friendly (Euoness) and the Columbian dancers in the show were excellent, BIG UP dancer JAMAICAN KIM.

At one point I needed an adapter and the receptionist was helpful and directed me were to buy one but would have borrowed me one the next day if I had waited.

I had now problems staying at the Royal Decameron and can highly recommend it.

nd the show was excellent

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends