“Average but Great value”
Review of Hotel Sud Bahia

Hotel Sud Bahia
Ranked #76 of 79 Hotels in Agadir
Reviewed 24 February 2014

A faded echo of its former glories maybe, and if you are used to 5 star it's not for you
Stayed with friends feb 2014..and going back!!
Room was clean, serviced every day,you have to leave the water running to get warm from the taps particularly mornings and evenings
Loose tile on bath surround not stuck back on too well but then i'm not "the hotel inspector"
.Free wi fi in the lounge.
Breakfast boiled eggs , rolls , jam, honey, tomatoes , olives etc .coffee or drinking chocolate,its ok.
Found the staff to be really friendly, travelling companion tore his shirt. asked the guy on the desk if there was anywhere to mend it.They take it and a day later stopped us in the lobby with the shirt repaired, washed and ironed,how much? no charge the guy says and walks off, had to chase him to give him a tip.
it was clean, staff were friendly , and its a bargain

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank newbiroman

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The staff in this hotel were so unfriendly and unhelpful....my camera and iphone was stolen and went to police station several times to get a cime report so i could claim on my insurance when i got home....the police were very unhelpful and told me to come back with a translator from hotel who spoke arabic or french....i asked a man at hotel desk if he would be able to send someone from hotel with me the next day and he said it shoud be fine....however the next day this man was nowhere to be found and th receptionist just kept saying noone could come and help me as they were all working,she phoned my travel agent who were unwilling to help me also, i then went and spoke to a woman from british consulate in agadir who was very helpful but as she didnt speak arabic or french she couldnt help me, she advised me someone from the hotel should come to police station with me and she tried phoning my hotel herself only to be told no by the receptionist again,she asked to speak to the manager and was told 'he wasnt here' she asked if he would be here in the afternoon and was told 'dont no, maybe', she said that someone from hotel should have helped me and she apologised saying they were being very obstuctive and unhelpful.I tried and tried several times only to be told the same thing so i went back to police station and was ignored until i went up and tried to speak to someone where i was told again i needed a translator, i explained again that i had been trying for the last several hours to get a translator and that noone would come, i was shooed away from them as if i was a peice of filth on their shoe refusing to do any sort of report for me as i did not have a translator, police just kept saying to bring someone from my hotel, i eventually left feeling very upset as they were so rude and so unwilling to help. I will not be able to claim for my camera as i was told by my insurance they wont put in through without a crime report that i should have gotten!! This experience completely ruined my holiday......very poor show...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lozzy82111
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I traveled to this hotel with my mum for a week holiday. Great location, 10 min walk to the beach. Hotel is a bit dated, read: old. You get what you paid for. Rooms are old but comfortable. Room was clean on arrival and then cleaned every day by a lovely lady. Breakfast was good for Moroccan standards. I don't spend much time in my room on holiday therefore the standard of the hotel is not very important to me as long as it is clean. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PaulinaG46
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Such a disappointing experience quite nieve to hotel abroad didn't no about reviews research in depth to avoid going on a plane and being heartbroken when stepping out of taxi. Flat like I let my whole family Down to of booked this via on the beach. What a huge mistake and regret that's the past but for people who plan this for the future jus don't even waste your time and mess up your holiday experience to a country that entertainment is not the best so your hotel has to add to your trip big time. Visited 2011 July no refurbishment done I think since so must still be outdated scornful and dull

Room Tip: Don't jus avoid wasting time
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ummibz1
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for one week in July. Website advertised fridge, kettle an hairdryer..... Didnt get any of this! Had to pay to use the safe. Telephone and lamp in room did not work. Advertised a snack bar also, which is always closed and you struggle to buy a bottle of water from hotel. Breakfast was poor. Staff soon picked up a pair of shorts which fell off balcony and outside laundry room. Never to be seen again! I think this was probably a nice hotel once upon a time but so tired and worn out. The pool area was the best part about the hotel. Do not go to this hotel if you are planning on spending lots of time in it!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Sammyjopipe
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Misconception if you look at the pictures on here, as this hotel is referred to as 'where men bring back ladies of the night' by a fellow Moroccan who advised my to leave and book somewhere else.
The hotel is beyond what i could imagine and this is the 'hotel from hell'. I was appalled that Gold Travel a London based agent even suggested this hotel in the first place!!! I was disgusted at how much of a poor standard this hotel is and yet its open to the public. The pictures are very deceptive. I too read all the reviews a few days prior to coming here but still had the perception that one persons view varies from another.....I should have taken more heed. ALWAYS READ THE REVIEWS. This hotel does have potential and needs more investment and completely renovated to meet the standards as i was advised it was a 3 - 4 star hotel. It barely meets basic standards, and i hate to imagine what i would have been sleeping with. The pool was half full and there was no ambiance with fellow guest in the reception area, actually the hotel was dead. I complained to the rep and after 6 hours of calls and emails later i checked myself into another hotel that was located only a stones throw away from the beach! Atlas Al Mohads!! This is highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is good value for money. We had a very good deal.
The hotel is a bit old fashioned and needs to be restyled but on the other hand it has kept its authentic atmosphere. Location is good.

Only thing which I need to mention is that the maid steals chargers of iphones. so lock your charger away when you are not in your room!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends